Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Fart 2.0 (troll hold?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged

File: Fart 20.hold (12.8 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Fart 2.0 (+2)  
So, I made something really stupid.

I think the first thing I should explain is the title. Well, quite a while back I made a big DROD RPG level called "Fart" with lots of deliberate player-trolling throughout. Like: It starts out with a good sword and then a spiraling passage of bad swords, so the player has to step back and forth repeatedly to bring the good sword out. Or, it gives the player a bunch of pickaxes and actively requires using them to explore most of the level. And there's a room full of slayers. So, for whatever reason, I chose to call this hold "Fart 2.0", like, the second version of that RPG hold, even though it has almost nothing in common with it but a kind of troll attitude built in. For the record, though, I think the experience of playing this will be absolutely nothing like the hypothetical experience of playing the original Fart blind.

So anyway, this is a semi-troll hold. Its goal is to find some new way to confuse, surprise and/or annoy the player with each passing room and/or level, but hopefully more in ways that make him or her chuckle than groan. It also features a strange new "custom behavior" which I think it's best I say as little about in this introduction as possible. I would, however, legitimately call most of the rooms puzzles, and all of them can be solved.

Take a look, if you will. I don't know if I plan to "superpublish" this but I'll try to fix any major issues found, at least. I'm really just interested to read or see some reactions to it, I dunno.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 09-01-2020 12:53 AM]
09-01-2020 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Fart 2.0 (+10)  
It's a pretty solid gimmick, actually.

09-01-2020 at 04:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: Fart 2.0 (+1)  
Yeah, I think it's pretty great. Can't figure out *:1S, but otherwise... :)

EDIT: Actually, I got it, but I don't know why it was different that time.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 09-01-2020 04:45 PM]
09-01-2020 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: Fart 2.0 (+1)  
*:1S is a very mean efficiency room where if you don't enter facing the exact correct way and do exactly the right thing, it kills halph.

Here are some links to Things!

09-01-2020 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Fart 2.0 (troll hold?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com