Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Custom Credits (Something I feel is long overdue...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
IP: Logged
icon Custom Credits (0)  
You'd think we'd have this feature by DROD 5, but surprisingly, no, we don't.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, every official Caravel hold (sans Smitemasters Selections) has a special credits reel at the end. This gives little bits of insight about the game's creation, as well as, well, crediting the creators, and allows for compatibility with things such as character portraits. The background image and music used is also varied from hold to hold.

For some reason, we have things as complex as a world map customization feature, or things like a way to script a Sudoku puzzle, but we have nothing for making our own credits sequence?

While you can make one via video magic and the "play video" command, it's still not the same functionally as a credits sequence in DROD, as that does have a pause system, while the "play video" command doesn't have that system.

This, I feel, has been long overdue. Even if it's relegated to, say, a minor DROD 5.5 update, please make it happen. Currently, there's two things we can't do that Caravel Games can with DROD; label the holds as official Caravel holds, and an in-engine credits sequence.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 04-02-2017 03:53 AM]
04-02-2017 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Custom Credits (0)  
Actually, the "play video" command was an one-off feature for the ending of TCB. It's functional but don't expect any fancy features, and there are even a few bugs related to it that had been stated by the devs they're not going to be fixed.
04-02-2017 at 06:29 AM
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: Custom Credits (+1)  
Given that scrolls work quite nicely, no, I wouldn't really expect we'd have this feature by DROD 5. We can't hard-code our own elements either.

04-02-2017 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Custom Credits (0)  
Dischorran wrote:
Given that scrolls work quite nicely, no, I wouldn't really expect we'd have this feature by DROD 5. We can't hard-code our own elements either.

FR: Scrollable scrolls
04-09-2017 at 11:20 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Custom Credits (+1)  
While I doubt it will make it to 5.2 I guess it's kind of possible to have it in some future version, since credits can be essentially broken down into a bunch of steps.

Alternatively, for a full-screen credits experience you can have this.

11-04-2020 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Custom Credits (Something I feel is long overdue...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com