Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : I like pretzels in my ice cream (Do you?)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Do you?
Yes!
Hmmm... sounds good!
I'll try anything once
Doesn't sound very good
That's disgusting!
This question is stupid
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: I like pretzels in my ice cream (0)  
Salt + chocolate = Kitkat Peanut Butter, if it ever appeared in your country. I personally loved this combination, so salt and sweet can definitively go along well :).

04-14-2011 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: I like pretzels in my ice cream (+1)  
Chocolate-covered pretzels are delicious. I don't see the problem with that flavor combination.

04-15-2011 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
I suppose... actually, I only tried it with magic shell and that wasn't too good. It was okay. But I think maybe if I used a flavor with chocolate in it, like maybe chocolate, that would be better.

04-15-2011 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
While it's true that not everything goes with chocolate, there's pretty much nothing that doesn't go with either chocolate or garlic. (My friend Karen came up with something at one point, but I forget what it was.)

The discussion reminds me of the old food conundrum: think of three foods A, B, and C, such that A and B together are good, B and C together are good, C and A together are good, but A, B, and C all together are awful. There are solutions to this, but I don't remember them. (They can probably be found via Google if you care enough and aren't very creative.)
04-15-2011 at 06:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
I can't say I hold the same opinion about garlic. The smell of garlic gives me massive headaches. Especially while it's being cooked. It kinda puts me off garlic bigtime. I don't mind eating something with garlic in it if I can't smell it, although it sometimes makes me sick to my stomach afterward.

This reminds me of the time my friend bet me I couldn't eat a thing of garlic raw and I had no idea what raw garlic was like. I was never the same since. (explains a lit, doesn't it?)

04-15-2011 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rat Man
NiroZ wrote:
Strangely enough, this seems to happen a lot when a gay guy hits on me.
I have a friend who does that occasionally, but I have reason to think he actually is joking and not gay... I hope!

04-15-2011 at 06:52 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Well, I'm sure if he is, you would find that totally okay, and would just explain that you're not interested, but support his lifestyle choices.

Right?
04-15-2011 at 08:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
I would not support his lifestyle choices, but I would accept them. I believe it's a sin to be gay, but it's not that bad. I don't have an issue with having a friend who is.

04-15-2011 at 09:26 PM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Tahnan wrote:
there's pretty much nothing that doesn't go with either chocolate or garlic.

My counterexample is mint. Sure, there are people who combine it with chocolate, and others who combine it with garlic; but as far as my own taste is concerned, NOTHING goes with mint except more mint.
04-15-2011 at 09:27 PM
Rat Man
UUUUGH!!! Some people combine mint with garlic?!

Anyway, I think chocolate goes well with mint, but mint itself is way better without chocolate, so all things considered, you're right. Mint doesn't go with chocolate.

04-15-2011 at 09:34 PM
skell
Znirk wrote:
My counterexample is mint. Sure, there are people who combine it with chocolate, and others who combine it with garlic; but as far as my own taste is concerned, NOTHING goes with mint except more mint.

But... But... What about After Eight? :huh

04-15-2011 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zxcvboy
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 3
Sounds quite weird, but I like the sound of pretzels and ice cream! :w00t

04-15-2011 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: I like pretzels in my ice cream (+2)  
Banjooie wrote:
Well, I'm sure if he is, you would find that totally okay, and would just explain that you're not interested, but support his lifestyle choices.
Rat Man wrote:
I would not support his lifestyle choices, but I would accept them. I believe it's a sin to be gay, but it's not that bad.
Hmm....I have a slight problem with the phrase "lifestyle choices." As I've mentioned before, my younger brother is gay, and I know that he—along with, I believe, the vast majority of gay people—would tell you that being gay is not a choice. (So yeah, it goes without saying that in my humble opinion it's not a sin to be gay.)

Edit: :) (Smiley helps clarify my tone.)

[Last edited by Lamkin at 04-15-2011 11:16 PM]
04-15-2011 at 11:04 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Lamkin wrote:
Hmm....I have a slight problem with the word "choices." As I've mentioned before, my younger brother is gay, and I know that he—along with, I believe, the vast majority of gay people—would tell you that being gay is not a choice. (So yeah, it goes without saying that in my humble opinion it's not a sin to be gay.)
I can see where this is going.

Please take it to another thread or else this will be yet another thread that has gone to religion/Bible/sin/whatever and, incidentally, involved Rat Man saying something.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 04-15-2011 11:15 PM]
04-15-2011 at 11:15 PM
Lamkin
12th Archivist wrote:
Lamkin wrote:
Hmm....I have a slight problem with the word "choices." As I've mentioned before, my younger brother is gay, and I know that he—along with, I believe, the vast majority of gay people—would tell you that being gay is not a choice. (So yeah, it goes without saying that in my humble opinion it's not a sin to be gay.)
I can see where this is going.

Please take it to another thread or else this will be yet another thread that has gone to religion/Bible/sin/whatever and, incidentally, involved Rat Man saying something.

Yeah, I know. I blame NiroZ...it's all his fault. :P
04-15-2011 at 11:17 PM
skell
Lamkin wrote:
Yeah, I know. I blame NiroZ...it's all his fault. :P

Yea, NiroZ even sounds like problem! Look: niROZ -> pROblemZ. See? See? You must see that! I can't be the ONLY one who does see that! ;)

04-15-2011 at 11:51 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Lamkin12th Archivist wrote:
Well, last time it was Rat Man starting the thread. This time, he was baited. (Ahem.)

As for me, I don't think mint goes with anything, let alone chocolate, but "I don't like chocolate with mint" is really more a matter of personal taste than a fundamental fact about the ingredients. While I don't know of anything that specifically pairs mint with garlic, it is used in a number of savory dishes--Southeast Asian noodle salads come to mind.

[Last edited by Tahnan at 04-16-2011 03:05 AM]
04-16-2011 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
Tahnan wrote:
Lamkin wrote:
Well, last time it was Rat Man starting the thread. This time, he was baited. (Ahem.)
a. Agreed that he was baited, yup. (But the baitor, in this case, usually has a method to his madness...although I hate him at times.)
b. Ack. The quote above was from 12th, not me. (But I see his point.)
c. There's something wrong with the weep smiley.
d. The sweet and salty combo works awesomely with the Payday candy bar (salty peanuts and caramel), but I don't think it'd work so well with ice cream and pretzels...but I could be wrong.

[Last edited by Lamkin at 04-16-2011 02:01 AM]
04-16-2011 at 01:58 AM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
icon Re: I like pretzels in my ice cream (+2)  
A. I doff my hat to Banjooie's mastery of baiting.

B. Even funnier is the idea that 12th thinks he can be Forum Enforcer.

C. Everything's better with garlic. I made garlic-infused vodka once for martinis. It was awesome - dirty martinis work better than straight for this, though.

04-16-2011 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Blech, ethanol. Whatever works for you, I guess.
Lamkin wrote:
d. The sweet and salty combo works awesomely with the Payday candy bar (salty peanuts and caramel), but I don't think it'd work so well with ice cream and pretzels...but I could be wrong.
Ooh, what about Take 5 bars, those things with the pretzels in them? I like those.

04-16-2011 at 03:10 AM
Lamkin
Jatopian wrote:
Ooh, what about Take 5 bars, those things with the pretzels in them? I like those.
I'll have to try one. Though I'd tried the pretzel M&M'S and didn't care for them much, so I dunno.

As for mint, it makes me sneeze sometimes. What's up with that? (Must google.)
04-16-2011 at 04:28 AM
Jatopian
No the pretzel M&Ms were pretty unremarkable; I've met no one who disagrees.

Also, I had a horehound flavor candy recently. That's an odd flavor all on its own, and I've never had it with any other flavor.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 04-16-2011 08:55 PM]
04-16-2011 at 08:54 PM
Rat Man
I've never heard of pretzel M&Ms but I'd steer clear of them. Sounds like nothing good.

04-16-2011 at 09:11 PM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1073
Salt + Chocolate = But why?

I guess some people like the opposing flavours or something. Of course, why you'd ruin perfectly good chocolate with nuts is a different matter.

04-16-2011 at 09:42 PM
skell
hyperme wrote:
Salt + Chocolate = But why?

Because it gives an interesting taste. As I mentioned eariler, Kit Kat combines salty peanut butter with sweet chocolate. It is unfortunately discontinued, at least for now, but it was a very nice (or at least worth trying) taste.

I guess some people like the opposing flavours or something. Of course, why you'd ruin perfectly good chocolate with nuts is a different matter.

Nuts are awesome, even more than chocolate, and the combination gives also a very nice taste... Wait, there ARE people who don't like chocolate covered nuts? :w00t

04-16-2011 at 09:48 PM
Jatopian
Rat Man wrote:
I've never heard of pretzel M&Ms but I'd steer clear of them. Sounds like nothing good.
Eh, there was nothing wrong with the concept, but the execution was terrible.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 04-16-2011 10:02 PM]
04-16-2011 at 10:02 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
skell wrote:
Nuts are awesome, even more than chocolate, and the combination gives also a very nice taste... Wait, there ARE people who don't like chocolate covered nuts? :w00t
Wait, what? Nuts better than chocolate?
Clearly, this is your problem.
04-20-2011 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Someone Else wrote:
Clearly, this is your problem.
Clearly, you've never tasted shagbark hickory nuts.

04-20-2011 at 03:28 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : I like pretzels in my ice cream (Do you?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com