Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Koenigsburg Swamps (Various and some bridges.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.9/10 (10 votes)
σ 0.94
Author Name:incnone
Submitted By:incnone
Hold Name:Koenigsburg Swamps
Theme:Various and some bridges.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:14
Number of Monsters:113
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:16 (+16 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Koenigsburg Swamps.hold (22.3 KB)
Downloaded 1220 times.
License: Other
icon Koenigsburg Swamps  
My first hold, a single level with 9 or so rooms of difficulty average to somewhat hard.
08-03-2010 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps (+2)  
The new hold by the new architect.

I loved this hold, personally. It is small but majority of rooms are very challenging. There are both clever lynchpin and tough manipulation puzzles here. So, despite being small, it might take you a while to complete.

I hope to see more holds from incnone.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 11-02-2010 07:47 PM]
08-03-2010 at 04:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps (0)  
I've only seen half the hold so far (and cleared only half of that), but so far this has been a fantastic hold and really needs more attention. The rooms so far have been rather hard but entirely fair; they have the classic theme of "Oh wait, I didn't notice that, now I need to go back and do it right this time," but every time it's my own fault rather than that of an overly busy room. Very nice work from a novice architect!

08-11-2010 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps (0)  
For the record, I'm in pretty much the same place as Dischorran. Really, really, well-designed hold, quite difficult but very enjoyable.

Not rated yet because I haven't managed to beat it yet.

Josh

08-11-2010 at 03:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps (+1)  
I've now finished the hold; I'm one room short of mastery, and perhaps I'll return at some point to try to finish it off.

Normally I'd try to provide some criticism for making future holds better, but I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this one. The rooms are very tightly constructed, perhaps most noticeably at the start of 1N. The rooms, while universally quite difficult, don't rely on extensive trial and error or obscure tricks of monster manipulation to achieve their difficulty. Being a tough hold, it's small enough not to outlast its welcome, and has no discernible filler.

Very cool.

08-15-2010 at 01:44 AM
Ivcha Pivcha
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 80
Although I prefer posh holds, this one has lovely puzzles (some of them are really :frusty ) and that is the only reason why I struggled through this swampy hold.
Click here to view the secret text

I like when hard hold is as small as this one, so 9 for fun and 7,5 brains from me.

Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup? ~ St. John Bosco
10-04-2010 at 08:23 AM
PMIT
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 159
This is a great, if relatively difficult, hold (from a new architect no less), and if you haven't at least attempted it, you should. There is some fluctuation in general difficulty, although even the two "easiest" rooms managed to trip me up by overlooking tiny details. I liked the rooms at the four corners of the non-secret area the most, although all of the rooms were enjoyable to work through.

There's a loose theme of platforms and bridges (I must say I underestimated the bridge as a core puzzle element), and a lot of experimentation, only to slowly realize the correct approach. Even if that's not your type of hold, I would say it's still worth checking out.

10-28-2010 at 05:38 AM
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
I finally got around to do some droding and picked up Koenigsburg Swamps.

This is a lovely not too big not too small very difficult hold. The hold consists of a very nice mix of puzzles with a hidden trick, hack and slash action rooms and more straightforward puzzles. My favorite room has to be 1S which reminded me of some rooms in Beethro's Teacher. It takes a couple of tries till you realize the room is clearly impossible, then you find the trick, and every other attempt you make you will learn something new about the room, until you finally gets it all perfect.

Koenigsburg Swamps is definitely the best drod experience I've had in very long time. Have some karma :)

01-30-2011 at 06:11 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Koenigsburg Swamps (Various and some bridges.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com