Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Knight's Honor (Placeholder name)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
IP: Logged

File: Knights Honor.drh (160.9 KB)
Downloaded 104 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Knight's Honor (0)  
I know I should focus myself on Gurenocalypse, but there's been inspiration hitting me yet again, and I just had to make this. This is not your average RPG hold. Your health is capped at 500, and this limit will only increase as Tasks are completed. The number of Tasks available will change depending upon your REP and previous Tasks accomplished. At the beginning, there's only one Task scripted, and the level of this Task is not even done just yet. This hold does not occur on the Eighth.

What's also different is the way keys, equipment and monsters are handled. Monsters respawn. That's right. Endless killing? I don't think so, since no matter your defense, they will be scripted to scale up with your gear. However, your equipment will still be necessary to further progress, as some monsters will start with base stats, and some roads are blocked with 0 ATK but high DEF monsters, which you cannot kill until higher ATK. Greckles are very important, even though score-wise they value with no points, they are needed to buy equipment. You always gain a sum of greckles with each Task, along with an item or something similar. Greckle doors will be inexistant unless really needed, and to illustrate the importance of money, let's take a look at the Knight Plate's price: 500,250 greckles. That's right. Prices are placeholder and may be changed, but with that kind of price I want the player to realise that money indeed is important, even if it weights no score.

Now, you will find keys, potions and often, special items such as Sleeping Bag, Tent and Nice Tent. Keys and potions may be bought from shops, as well as Sleeping Bags, Tents and Nice Tents. Those items, at the cost of several Greckles, can be used anywhere at any time to restore your HP. Depending on the item you use, you can refill 250, 750 or 1500 HP respectively. They will also cost turns, sleeping bags cost 2 turns, tents 3 and nice tents 3 as well. This is to prevent use during boss fights where you fight form 1, then you gotta move to reach the next form and if you stay in the same location for 3 turns you die. You may only carry 3 of each at any given time, this will limit the power-healing through a dungeon. Remember that potions, however rarer as the Task difficulty will become, can and will still be found. I will try to not make any of those items needed at all, only bonuses if you feel like it or need it.

Another different point: World map. Yes, when you leave any important area you will find yourself on the World map! I intend to create a warp system at some point in the future, but maybe not, depending if there would be a severe break of the hold.

ATK and DEF gems will be especially hard to obtain, possibly only when accomplishing some challenges. Maybe I will put some in a shop, but it will then be in limited quantity and it won't be cheap.

Edit: Update! Mount Raazashi now online, along with its first Task. Stay tuned for more, and don't forget to try out the minigame.

Edit: I forgot to mention that downloading the Sandstone room style will give Mount Raazashi a better look. It can be found here.

[Last edited by Fang at 08-31-2009 10:49 PM]
08-21-2009 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
icon Re: Knight's Honor (-1)  
i Love ths hold make a beta tester bored and invite me i am felled with ideas
08-21-2009 at 06:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Knight's Honor (0)  
You know, mike, Beta Tester holds don't offer much else, outside the fact that you can only invite a certain amount of people.

So basically, you can still offer your ideas to him if you wish. It's not like that's illegal or anything...

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-21-2009 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
New update yet again. This time everything should be working.

08-22-2009 at 03:24 AM
minimike98
icon Re: Knight's Honor (-1)  
Make a beta tester bored :thumbsup
08-22-2009 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fang
I won't make a beta test board just yet, I don't know how far I want to go with this. What's the matter with beta test boards anyway? They're not required to test holds in architecture.

08-22-2009 at 04:01 AM
minimike98
Then Whaens the next Update? I love this hold this mite be my favorite hold in the world.
08-22-2009 at 04:07 AM
Dr. Murphy
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Knight's Honor (+1)  
Simply be patient. It pays off to allow an architect time to make quality work.

If that doesn't get through to you, try to imagine working twelve hours a day every day for the rest of your life. Now imagine you have to go to school, eat, spend time with family/friends, live your life, and most importantly, sleep, along with spending twelve hours every day making DROD holds. Catch my drift? Nobody spends all their time doing this type of work, not even Mrimer.
08-22-2009 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minimike98
I would If i Could -_-
08-22-2009 at 07:17 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Dr. Murphy wrote:
...along with spending twelve hours every day making DROD holds.
What you may be missing is that, as far as I gather, minimike spends no more than ten minutes total making each of his holds. For him to imagine putting genuine time and effort into a hold might be difficult.
08-22-2009 at 08:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
minimike98
Ok But whanes the Next Update :thumbsup
08-22-2009 at 09:17 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Knight's Honor (+1)  
Oh. My. Lord. Sarcasm doesn't work, insults don't work, telling him politely and directly doesn't work, modding him down doesn't work, private messages don't work...it's like he's this force of nature. I mean, he's got to be a 35-year-old in his mother's basement, right? There's no way you could do this without actively trying?
08-22-2009 at 09:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I hope not, he lives in the same city as me.
08-22-2009 at 10:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dr. Murphy
Rank Points: 46
:facepalm:

I'm with Dischorran (from different threads). For the most part, that is.

In response to Tahnan's newest comment in this thread, most people are like that, sadly. Direct in their approach and through their path, and enormously difficult to redirect that approach. There are a few ways of changing him correctly, but most would take a lot of time and energy. Too much over an eleven year old! (Plus, I'm sure it would backfire.)

The other way involves reverse psychology. Not sure of that would work either, as it might backfire too and result in a lot of wasted effort.

For the moment, there is almost nothing we can do, save responding to every one of his comments with the face palm smiley.

EDIT:
minimike98 wrote:
I would If i Could -_-
No, you wouldn't after a few days of constant playing (and you had to work on this like a job), you would get bored and tired. After a few weeks, you would be so horribly bored with what you were doing, you would prefer death. After a few months, you start go crazy from the constant pressure everywhere (you are not allowed any free time at all, never). After a few years, you would be a babbling insane permanently.

DROD is just a game, not a full time job. Nobody in their right mind could work in it twelve hours every day all year long and survive. Not even you, minimike. It's like being trapped in a store filled with candy and sweets. It's great going for a short while, but then you get full. After a few processes of stuffing yourself and sleeping the food off, you would crave the taste of other foods. This is the same for DROD. After some time, you would crave the feel, the sounds, and the graphics of other games.

[Last edited by Dr. Murphy at 08-22-2009 02:39 PM]
08-22-2009 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fang
Dr. Murphy wrote:After some time, you would crave the feel, the sounds, and the graphics of other games.

This explains why I'm always alternating between WoW and this...

08-22-2009 at 05:55 PM
minimike98
Whaens The Next Update I Need More More.
08-22-2009 at 09:38 PM
Fang
This is in no way an update just yet, don't download it if you don't want to be spoiled of content. I keep getting my RPG crashed whenever I head over to Roberva Kingdom 2S3E and 2S2E, if you wish to help me find what causes it then feel free to try. Don't post asking for an update or for feedback as to what's new inside just yet, it's not an update and it's not completely finished.

08-23-2009 at 05:05 AM
NiroZ
If you want to debug, it might help if you tell us what version of DROD RPG your using, and what operating system.
08-23-2009 at 05:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
I'm using Windows Vista, and I have 1.1.0.54.

08-23-2009 at 05:16 AM
NiroZ
I can't seem to reproduce the crash (winxp, 1.1.0.54). You'll need to define exactly what your doing.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 08-23-2009 05:19 AM]
08-23-2009 at 05:17 AM
Fang
Fang: [05:20 AM]: More than once I simply zoomed over those rooms in the editor
Fang: [05:20 AM]: A few times it happened when I pressed escape in 2S2E to return to the editor menu

In case you missed it.

08-23-2009 at 05:28 AM
NiroZ
Definitely cannot reproduce. Is there anything in the drod err file? (do a search for drodrpg.err file, check if there's anything listed in it from today)
08-23-2009 at 05:37 AM
Fang
My computer doesn't even find a drodrpg.err file. No .err files actually exist on my computer, it says.

08-23-2009 at 05:39 AM
minimike98
Go to Downlaods>Drod RPG path>downlaod>Install

And then it mite work
08-23-2009 at 05:44 AM
NiroZ
Try looking in application data.
08-23-2009 at 05:45 AM
minimike98
i have no idea whats going on :unsure
08-23-2009 at 05:48 AM
Fang
I have a few folders there, with some files too. Bitmaps, Fonts, Help, Homemade, Licenses, Music, Sounds for the folders and changelog.txt, drodrpg1_0.dat (that's not an error log), and troubleshooting.rtf

Edit: But it's getting late so I'm going to sleep. I'll deal with this later.

[Last edited by Fang at 08-23-2009 05:49 AM]
08-23-2009 at 05:48 AM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
minimike98 wrote:
i have no idea whats going on :unsure
No, really?

08-23-2009 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
minimike98
Nope what is going on?
08-23-2009 at 05:54 AM
Fang

File: screenshot.png (1.1 MB)
Downloaded 35 times.
License: Public Domain
Fang wrote:
Fang: [05:20 AM]: More than once I simply zoomed over those rooms in the editor
Fang: [05:20 AM]: A few times it happened when I pressed escape in 2S2E to return to the editor menu

In case you missed it.

I was really sleepy so I actually mis-named the rooms. It's 1S3E and 2S3E.

Edit: Attached to the file is a very weird bug on the editor map that I juuust got, when I went from 2S2E to 1S3E. I changed rooms again and it crashed.

Edit: Crash again when I try changing 2S3E style to Deep Spaces (or any style for that matter) from Sandstone. This looks like a bug with the room style, if that can happen.

Edit: And yet another crash involving 2S3E, crash when I enter/exit the room multiple times then change with the editor map.

Edit: 1S3E doesn't crash anymore ever since I changed the style to Deep Spaces.

Edit: When I copy 2S3E to another room, the game crashes. If I make a new room and it begins with Sandstone style, if I change it to another style the game crashes.

Edit: I'll list the various stuff I tried to make the game not crash.
-Removing the crumbly walls isn't it
-Removing the rocks either
-Neither for the desk
-Turning the floor to normal floor, nope

[Last edited by Fang at 08-23-2009 03:40 PM]
08-23-2009 at 03:24 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Knight's Honor (Placeholder name)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com