Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : So, what did you do today?
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
IP: Logged
icon Re: So, what did you do today? (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Well today...

I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT!

...so, what did you do today?

Did...she?

Yes, well... at leasts she said she did :unsure

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
06-21-2009 at 06:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
Samuel wrote:
Yes, well... at leasts she said she did :unsure
That's what she said!
06-21-2009 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel

File: amelia_ring.jpg (15.7 KB)
Downloaded 97 times.
License: Public Domain
Do you think she'll like this?

John Lennon
06-21-2009 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
You're planning to give her a ring within one week of kissing her?

you are either very brave or very foolish.

06-22-2009 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
zex20913 wrote:

Both.

Eh Samuel. What's the ring supposed to mean? You're about 11, right?

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-22-2009 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
12th Archivist wrote:
zex20913 wrote:

Both.

Eh Samuel. What's the ring supposed to mean? You're about 11, right?

Today I gave her the ring and she was, well, she was... extremely happy. I got a hug and...

The bird from Peter and the Wolf
All is well, all is well.

John Lennon
06-22-2009 at 09:02 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Sounds nice, Samuel. I don't know why other forumites seems to be giving you a bit of a hard time.
06-22-2009 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Blondbeard wrote:
Sounds nice, Samuel. I don't know why other forumites seems to be giving you a bit of a hard time.
*mumbles something about no-lives not liking when other no-lives lose their no-liveness*

06-22-2009 at 11:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Because an eleven year old kid should totally be buying a ring for a girl he just kissed a week ago.

There is nothing even slightly bizarre about this.

06-22-2009 at 12:01 PM
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
Eh. I made a ring myself for my GF (known her for over a year now).

:?
06-22-2009 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Banjooie wrote:
Because an eleven year old kid should totally be buying a ring for a girl he just kissed a week ago.

The ring only gains significance when a cultural label is attached to it. Maybe it merely was a nice present?

06-22-2009 at 01:51 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Blondbeard wrote:
I think that the ring was a nice present. Sounds like you had an enjoyable last few days. Good job. :)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-22-2009 at 03:43 PM
agaricus5
Nuntar wrote:
Indeed, congratulations and what-have-you.

Samuel wrote:
"Why doth thy Almighty giveth thy
life, when all thy doth is wracketh
it with endless paineth?"
- Sam Lawley (Samuel).
Where is this sentence from? It just annoys me a little... I think if one is going to write in mock Shakespearean, one should at least do it correctly, rather than just stick "th" on the end of everything regardless of grammar. :P
Heh. Well, that could be Meredithian as opposed to Shakespearean.

But no, I haven't done anything particularly useful today. :unsure

06-22-2009 at 05:30 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Banjooie wrote:

It does somewhat depend on what the ring is. Is it a 50-cent from-a-gumball-machine ring? A ring he just spend $500 on? A class ring that he can get back if they stop going steady, as was standard in the 1950s?

What worries me is

I got a hug and...
Samuel got a hug and...a flute? Or is this some sort of oblique "one time at band camp" reference?
06-23-2009 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
Tahnan wrote:
Banjooie wrote:

It does somewhat depend on what the ring is. Is it a 50-cent from-a-gumball-machine ring? A ring he just spend $500 on? A class ring that he can get back if they stop going steady, as was standard in the 1950s?

What worries me is

I got a hug and...
Samuel got a hug and...a flute? Or is this some sort of oblique "one time at band camp" reference?

What I meant was I was quoting the bird from peter and the wolf when he said "All is well, All is well". And it was a class ring.

John Lennon
06-23-2009 at 08:07 AM
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
This may sound strange, but I started a cult today. If you have Facebook give me a message and I'll invite you. Before I explain anything, I need to make it clear that I am a weak atheist and believe that God as organized religion makes it out to be is an impossibility, though I am not completely divorced of the idea of a power holding the universe together, just not a sentient one.

Honestly, this is less of a cult and more of a loophole: we are not aware of what we worship, but we worship whatever God does. Think of it like this: there are more than 100 religious Judeo sects (keeping it under the umbrella of Judaism and its three main divisions, which a vast majority of the world's population subscribes to) that have a concept of hell. This means, assuming that hell exists, there is less than a 1% chance of actually ending up in heaven. I don't like those odds, so I came up with the idea of not worshipping any ideal, but blindly worshipping what God thinks is right, and I've gathered He is the one that makes the decision or at least the guy he puts in charge of the oh-so-pearly pearly gates makes the decision based on that principle.

Sure, it circumvents every single tangible benefit of organized religion, but if salvation is your aim, Mellmonics is your game.

And I also saw Pulp Fiction again, which was what got me thinking of the idea of ultimate redemption in the first place and is still not only a brilliant and rewarding piece of filmmaking, but remains one of the most purely enjoyable movies ever made.

[Last edited by Snacko at 06-24-2009 03:27 PM]
06-24-2009 at 03:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: So, what did you do today? (+1)  
This is a bit backdated, but we lost both our computer and home internet connection in a very strange coincidence on the 27th (our favoured theory is that a lightning bolt basically fried the local broadband servers and that this voltage spike then travelled into our computer via the ethernet port), hence the delay.

But yes, on the 27th, I got up close and personal for a few seconds with the Vice-Chancellor, struggled with some confusing articles of academical dress and generally had a good time at my first graduation ceremony! I'm not very good at ceremonial events, but it's actually more exciting than it looks, and I can now pompously state that I am a graduate and will remain without a proper job a student most likely for another 6 years.

I'll post a picture later on when I can get at my sister's camera.

06-29-2009 at 08:39 PM
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
What I did tomorrow was very fun. I downloaded game called Hazard Ball! It was fantastic. And what then,I had match though Wi-Fi in Pokémon! Guess who won? I did. :) But enough of that,I managed have fun with my friends in Xat.

So,what did you do today?
06-30-2009 at 09:03 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
For the whole last week I've been getting some healthy social life and, I want to say for tomorrow too, I will be.... *drums* going to the Gdansk's Polytechnic to drop my papers there, ha!

06-30-2009 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
Bump!

Today, I got through another slow day at school. Chemistry definitely isn't on my list of favorite subjects, at the moment. After that, I ran about four miles in the woods behind the school with the cross country team. Then I spent some time with my friends. An average day for me.

So, what did you do today?

09-24-2009 at 10:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
BREAK! In other words, breather to do assignments instead of speeches and exams.
09-24-2009 at 11:01 PM
Snacko
I argued with one of my professors over the validity of a number of very obscure jokes in my Pride & Prejudice essay, here's a comment she wrote:

These claims seem to be beside the point (even if you could prove them).

09-24-2009 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
09-24-2009 at 11:48 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
My god, I agree with Jatopian. What is this world coming to?

Save the obscure jokes for your creative writing class. Essays are for communicating clearly and professionally unless explicitly stated otherwise, and shoehorning a joke into your analysis disrupts the flow and confuses the reader.

09-25-2009 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Ah, thank you Dischorran. You expressed clearly and concisely what my painkiller-addled brain struggled with before settling on what in retrospect probably looks like an unwarranted attack.

(but what is this apocalyptic malarkey, Dischorran? I don't recall us having issues...)

09-25-2009 at 01:02 AM
Snacko
Not if the essay is written in an intentionally unfocused style that was meant to parody the style of deconstructive poststructural fiction, a genre in which playfulness and humor are present in a vast majority of examples.

Jatopian, you didn't read the essay.

Also, Dischorran, "essay" is an incredibly nebulous term, and it was in no way an analytical essay, nor did it attempt to be. And by the way, it is my creative writing class.

[Last edited by Snacko at 09-25-2009 01:25 AM]
09-25-2009 at 01:24 AM
NiroZ
icon Re: So, what did you do today? (-2)  
Dude, it's an essay, not a work of art.
09-25-2009 at 05:07 AM
Snacko
If I am going to parody something that has those elements so deeply ingrained in its basic structure, I am going to include those elements.

I chose my topic and I've explained what I was trying to do to my professor and she is working with me to develop that style.

That's what writing majors do. I'm not going to dumb down my work just because I can.

[Last edited by Snacko at 09-25-2009 05:25 AM]
09-25-2009 at 05:25 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: So, what did you do today? (+1)  
Never mind the essay, tell us the jokes!

---

Yesterday I worked out how to tell if a room has blue doors in it _and_ if it has monsters or conquer tokens in it.

Today I've done the same for old rooms and later on I hope to unravel ye olde scrypting

(actually, maybe I already know ye olde scrypting but I need to figured out new and improved scripting (in space!))

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 09-25-2009 05:42 AM]
09-25-2009 at 05:39 AM
NiroZ
Snacko wrote:
I chose my topic and I've explained what I was trying to do to my professor and she is working with me to develop that style.
Yeah, when I want to do something experimental, I usually check with the lecturer before, not after.
09-25-2009 at 10:57 AM
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : So, what did you do today?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com