Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Flaming peligroso in TCB
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
IP: Logged
icon Flaming peligroso in TCB (0)  
Is it possible to put flaming peligroso in TCB? If so, how do you so it?

Another thing, I saw that the pit image doesn't match at a certain point, I've edited the "Style1pit" image so that that won't occur, but is it okay if I put it here?

[Last edited by Timo006 at 01-12-2008 03:54 PM]
01-12-2008 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
icon Re: Flaming peligroso in TCB? (+1)  
Okay, forget what I just said, I was able to get it in by including this in the Drod.ini

Style=Style1
Style1=Style1

and putting everything that was in the .zip file in the bitmaps folder.

Now I have other problems, My drod.err file gives an error line and I have no idea what it means:
(secreted because it's a bit long)
Click here to view the secret text

EDIT: Ive tried taking the Style1pit out of the bitmaps folder, and suddenly Drod doesn't give an error anymore.

EDIT AGAIN: I've was able to make a new Stile1Pit.png, and it doesn't give an error anymore.

Also, Drod doesn't seem to accept the Style1Tiles.png, does anyone know what I have to do to fix it?

[Last edited by Timo006 at 01-12-2008 03:34 PM]
01-12-2008 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jutt
Rank Points: 863
icon Re: Flaming peligroso in TCB? (0)  
I got the Flaming Peligroso fully working in TCB. To get the Style1Tiles replaced in TCB you will need a .tim file, which I think doesn't come with the Style. Some other custom styles (Sanctum 2 or Volcano for TCB) do have the .tim, which should work for the Flaming Peligroso as well.

I'm not sure why your pit image isn't working.

If you give me some time though I can also make a .dmf file which could save you some trouble.

01-12-2008 at 03:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
icon Re: Flaming peligroso in TCB? (+3)  
Okay, this is it, I've got everything working and this is the result. The pit didn't work because the image was too big. I'll put this here so that nobody has to go to the same trouble again.

EDIT: please use the Flaming peligroso of Jutt that's right beneath this post.

[Last edited by Timo006 at 01-12-2008 08:30 PM]
01-12-2008 at 03:51 PM
Timo006

File: Style1Pit.png (209.5 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Flaming peligroso in TCB (+1)  
Also, I've got a slightly better pit image for use in the JtRH edition, the only difference is that the image now doesn't have a mistake in it near the bottom of a room.

01-12-2008 at 06:04 PM
Jutt
Rank Points: 863

File: Flaming Peligroso.dmf (343 KB)
Downloaded 162 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Flaming peligroso in TCB (+2)  
Sorry for the nitpicking, but I attached a version with one little change: added the water reflections of the walls, which would otherwise show up as ugly red squares. Also this version should be named 'Flaming peligroso' in game instead of 'Style 1'.

On a side note, it might be interesting to put this on the official site, together with some other forgotten styles hanging around.

01-12-2008 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
icon Re: Flaming peligroso in TCB (+1)  
Jutt wrote:
Sorry for the nitpicking, but I attached a version with one little change: added the water reflections of the walls, which would otherwise show up as ugly red squares. Also this version should be named 'Flaming peligroso' in game instead of 'Style 1'.

On a side note, it might be interesting to put this on the official site, together with some other forgotten styles hanging around.

Note: when I import it it only plays the title music, you can fix this by adding a few lines in your drod.ini file, if you want the same music as in the city style, copy-paste the lines that list the music for the city style and replace the "city" part with "Flaming Peligroso". it works even if you have imported the DMF.

01-12-2008 at 06:19 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Flaming peligroso in TCB
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com