Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : PokeFarm Q (A game about farming Pokemon that 132nd Skywatcher loves)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
IP: Logged
icon PokeFarm Q (0)  
PokeFarm Q is simple to understand--a Pokemon virtual pet fangame played online, and it's fun. I also play it, of course--it's even in my signature.

You can click people's Pokemon or eggs without an account, but to own any and do other features of the game, you have to sign up. It's entirely free to play, too.

This post serves as a general discussion thread for the game, as well as a compilation for the profiles of users of CaravelNet that also play PFQ. (If you sign up, by the way, make sure to set your referral to Camwoodstock!)

Profiles of Caravel Users - (Multi-profile view)
Camwoodstock (me!)
Xindaris

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery

[Last edited by Camwoodstock at 01-28-2018 05:32 AM]
01-28-2018 at 05:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: PokeFarm Q (0)  
I'm honestly not 100% sure this qualifies as a "game". It's more like one of those "Dragon egg hatching sites" from the early 2000s or so, but with pokemon. Not a bad example of one of those, though; seems to be active. If someone's making money off this thing, I wonder how long it has before Nintendo notices and shuts it down...

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 01-28-2018 06:52 PM]
01-28-2018 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
So [url=http:/ http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=35764]Techant's meltdown but with Pokemon? I guess that's cheaper than my hobby of clicking the buy game buttons on Steam.

01-28-2018 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Xindaris wrote:
If someone's making money off this thing, I wonder how long it has before Nintendo notices and shuts it down...

Actually, about that last point--if memory serves me right, Game Freak (the actual guys behind Pokemon) have actually approved of the game and are entirely okay with it even for profit, so long as it doesn't do anything too stupid/anything they wouldn't do anyways.

01-31-2018 at 11:44 PM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
That just makes me angrier at Nintendo.
Dumb farmvillesque dragon hatching thing people are making money of with the wonderful model of "3 forms of virtual currency, one of which costs money": Totally fine.
Amazing remake of an old gameboy game composed about 70-90% of original content available for free and costing none of their profits: DESTROY AT ALL COSTS!

I mean, Gamefreak might be officially considered the one making the decision, but that had to be approved by Nintendo somewhere along the way.

(Yes, I'm still angry about AM2R. I'm not sure I ever won't be.)

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 02-01-2018 12:08 AM]
02-01-2018 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Xindaris wrote:
That just makes me angrier at Nintendo.
Dumb farmvillesque dragon hatching thing people are making money of with the wonderful model of "3 forms of virtual currency, one of which costs money": Totally fine.
Amazing remake of an old gameboy game composed about 70-90% of original content available for free and costing none of their profits: DESTROY AT ALL COSTS!

I mean, Gamefreak might be officially considered the one making the decision, but that had to be approved by Nintendo somewhere along the way.

(Yes, I'm still angry about AM2R. I'm not sure I ever won't be.)

Hey, if you ever get stressed, just remember that there are worse things than your current predicament, and that you can be thankful your problem isn't at that level of troubling. Like King Dugan's Dungeon Level 13!

02-03-2018 at 09:40 PM
Camwoodstock
Two things I'd like to say in this second, non-reply post.

1) I'd love to give a shout-out to my close friend who also plays PFQ, Esme! While she only has passing knowledge of DROD via me, she's a lot more savvy with this game than I am, and she also has a LOT of neat stuff. Go ahead and click her fields and whatnot if you want! Just don't ask who named the Ralts in her Ralts hoard fields. That's me. I was also given too much power.

2) While this isn't "new" since my last post, I figured I'd show off this guy over here since he's not only Albino (one of the many things exclusive to PFQ), but he's named after a DROD character and I am entirely shameless about it.

02-05-2018 at 02:09 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : PokeFarm Q (A game about farming Pokemon that 132nd Skywatcher loves)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com