Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online ((and how much have you made?))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
IP: Logged
icon What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online (0)  
There are plenty of ways for money making online from affiliate programs to ads on your webpages.

Personally I like the fun stuff.

Years ago when I first got online I found a site called Freeride. They let you earn points for clicking on their links and checking out their sponsors websites.

It only took a little time each day to click on all the available links. Unless I found a website I really like, then it took longer. It is gone now along with the internet bubble but I earned lots of dough playing it. Over $500, plus I got to visit some very interesting advertisers.

Today I use My Points (MyPoints.com) and Winster (Winster.com) to earn free money online.

MyPoints.com has many ways to earn points. The easy way is just clicking on the email links they send. The most complex is using coupons.

Winster.com is a fun site where you play games. The best part besides the gift cards it that you play with other members. You help each other earn more points. You can pay money for more perks, like no advertisements, but I just play the free version. I have been playing for 9 months and am almost ready to claim my first gift card.

What do you use or do to earn money online?

1. Tell us what you like to use.

2. Tell us why you like it.

3. Tell us how long you have been using them.

4. Tell us if you have claimed any of your reward yet.

5. Tell us how much time you have to put in to earn rewards.

6. Even put up your links with your referral info so we can help you make more money.

~ ~ ~

I didn't create this thread just to get you to sign up under my account as my referral, I wanted to know if there was some great site I was missing out on. But, since you might want to earn money too, why not help me by signing up as my referral. I may do the same for you someday.

If you want to help me earn more cash then do one or both of the following, Email or PM me and tell me an email address I can send you a 'request to join', email to. Both of my choices only give me the ability to get referrals by this method.

I recommend to anyone who wants to earn money this way that they create one or more junk e-mail accounts. Use that junk account only for your money making deals, saves you getting spam in your regular email account.

I am looking forward to more free ways to earn cash online!!

Edit: I forgot to mention DROD contest, while I don't earn cash directly, I have paid for my Caravel membership by my contest participation. Plus, I have had a really fun time.

[Last edited by techant at 04-04-2010 09:04 PM]
04-04-2010 at 10:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
icon Re: What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online) (+2)  
I hear that Nigerian royalty often have trouble making bank transfers, and are willing to pay handsomely for people to act as intermediaries.

04-04-2010 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
icon Re: What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online) (0)  
True , so they say, NOT!!

No, I am NOT looking for scams, that is why I want to know your own personal experience.

[Last edited by techant at 04-04-2010 08:36 PM]
04-04-2010 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online (0)  
I don't understand. What do they get out of giving you "free" stuff?

[Last edited by Jatopian at 04-04-2010 09:05 PM : grammars]
04-04-2010 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
ADVERTISING!!

They get you to look at their advertisements. MyPoints sends e-mails for you to click on which open a new window at their vendors ad. They also have additional advertising items like coupons on their website and they have a search toolbar you can use too. Winster runs ads on the side as you play, plus for free accounts the launch a pop-up ad that runs for a 30 sec count down, every so often.

The hardest thing for businesses is to get their products in front of buyers. Like I said sometime even I like what they are advertising. But, make sure you have a junk e-mail account to use.

04-04-2010 at 10:47 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online (+2)  
My problem with most of these 'free money' sites is that they often cost me in ways that I value more than money: free time and privacy. I don't really have time to click through a bunch of ads, and I'm not particularly interested in doing anything that broadcasts my personal information around the Internet.

That said, I always kind of liked the Amazon affiliates program, because it speaks to stuff that I do like to talk about: books I've read...and really all you have to do is post a link for others to follow. And update your website with sufficient content that people come visit it often enough.

So I'm mixed. On the other hand, I've been working in networking software for almost 20 years now, so in some sense the whole Internet is kind of like a moneymaking operation for me. :)

(OK, I'm off that wagon now...building military robots these days instead.)

Josh

04-05-2010 at 02:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
I agree about needing to evaluate the other costs. I put a lot less time in to MyPoints than I do Winster. I have fun at Winster and have made friends playing. I know some folks who have so much fun they spend money to play. That's not for me. I make it a point to make sure I am counting my time as a cost and is it worth it. If I can relax and make some extra dough then that is great.

Last summer I played an online game called Evony. It had no rewards but the ability to play for free. It was fun but very high maintenance, lots of feeding my troops. I found that I spent far too much time playing. And, when some players on my own team resorted to cheating I decided it was time to go. It wasn't worth it anymore.

I liked your Amazon idea, I will have to check that out. Have a good time with the robots. At least you don't have to feed them, lol
:lol

04-07-2010 at 07:28 AM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
techant wrote:
Last summer I played an online game called Evony. It had no rewards but the ability to play for free. It was fun but very high maintenance, lots of feeding my troops. I found that I spent far too much time playing. And, when some players on my own team resorted to cheating I decided it was time to go. It wasn't worth it anymore.

Ah, Evony.

This article should provide some chuckles.

Fair warning: this link points to pictures that, while they don't show nudity of any sort, certainly pay a bit more attention to certain parts of the female figure.

Josh

[Last edited by jbluestein at 04-07-2010 12:05 PM]
04-07-2010 at 12:02 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online (+1)  
jbluestein wrote:
Ah, Evony.

This article should provide some chuckles.

Fair warning: this link points to pictures that, while they don't show nudity of any sort, certainly pay a bit more attention to certain parts of the female figure.

Josh
No wonder it's the best free web game. It makes you feel like a king! Play discreetly in your browser!

Also: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93649-PopCaps-Evony-Spoof-Ads-for-Plants-vs-Zombies-Keep-Coming

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 04-07-2010 06:52 PM]
04-07-2010 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
I enjoyed both those links, glad I left the game. I wrote them about those ads when they first started, guess I know now that they didn't care and why. Thanks.

Moral Here... You won't earn money playing Evony, but you may lose it.

04-10-2010 at 09:56 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What's Your Best Way to Earn Free Money Online ((and how much have you made?))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com