Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Flight of the Fegundo (Player role fegundo hold)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
IP: Logged

File: FotF Unsafe Shelter 3N2E Victory.demo (1.6 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Flight of the Fegundo (+1)  
Ask and you shall receive. :)
08-29-2009 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
icon Re: Flight of the Fegundo (+2)  
That was an interesting variation. I intended the solution to be
Click here to view the secret text

08-29-2009 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
icon Re: Flight of the Fegundo (0)  
brian_s wrote:
That was an interesting variation. I intended the solution to be...
:blush Wow, your way is a lot easier!
08-31-2009 at 04:32 AM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
I've just gotten to the jungle, and the only problem I see so far is that I don't need the speed potion in the Unsafe Shelter secret. I solve it the correct way, I think, but keeping the guard's sword on me makes it relatively easy to prevent him from killing babies. The fegundo avatar doesn't do much for me, but that's not a huge issue. Otherwise, it's a really nice hold.

09-01-2009 at 03:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
I didn't even think it was possible without the speed potion! Could I see your demo?
09-01-2009 at 04:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran

File: FotF Unsafe Shelter 3N2E Victory.demo (1.7 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
brian_s wrote:
I didn't even think it was possible without the speed potion! Could I see your demo?
Here you go.

09-01-2009 at 04:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
That was impressive. Now with two harder methods than I originally intended, I am wondering what to do with this room.

Should I mark it unrequired and grant access to a secret room as a reward for using a difficult solution?

Or should I enforce that one of the harder solutions be used (both hard ones would be possible, just not my easier solution)?

Should I just let it go as is, and potentially pass on some good puzzle potential?
09-02-2009 at 03:51 AM
Dischorran

File: FotF Jungle Heat 1N Victory.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
As far as my solution is concerned, if you can arrange to not require the second speed potion to be taken either, leaving the room as is would be fine - not taking the potion should grant an optimization bonus. Rheb would make three different sequential versions of the room, each requiring one of the three solutions.

Continuing the theme, here's a demo for Jungle Heat 1N without using the speed potion. (I really like how you color-coded the orbs and doors in the Entrance!)

09-02-2009 at 05:36 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
I don't think there's any need to enforce my harder solution to the Unsafe Shelter secret room. Your intended solution is more fun. :)
09-02-2009 at 06:06 AM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118

File: Flight of the Fegundo Demos.zip (6.1 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
icon Re: Flight of the Fegundo (+2)  
CSR said you might be interested in these, so uploading a bunch of my demos for the secret room in Jungle Heat. Two of them involve getting rid of an Aumtlich immediately and still being able to complete the room using very different placements. Also, there's a "No Speed Potion" solution (but that one requires both Aumtlich).

As an added bonus, there's also a demo for Unsafe Shelter 1E. I was a little disappointed when I got to the position at the end of the demo ^_^

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 09-02-2009 03:44 PM]
09-02-2009 at 07:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy

File: Jungle Secret 1AumtNoSpd.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
My mistake -- found a way to kill off an Aumtlich immediately *and* ignore the Speed Potion. Demo attached.

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 09-02-2009 07:40 AM]
09-02-2009 at 07:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
New version. Check your demos for the secret rooms, they may all be invalid now. I also added a secret room that requires using the stalwart striking orb trick TFMurphy found. That was a really cool trick, I just had to include it.
09-04-2009 at 02:14 AM
TFMurphy

File: Jungle Secret NoSpd Revisited.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
Finished the new secret (and even kept the Stalwart alive til the end too!)

Oh, and you're probably interested in this.

EDIT: There's also another solution which keeps the Mimic still by strategically dropping trapdoors so that he'll stay in place until you kill the eye, after which you free the Aumtlich and drop the last trapdoors in time for the bomb to explode....

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 09-04-2009 03:42 AM]
09-04-2009 at 02:56 AM
brian_s
Another update, I made a major overhaul to the Jungle Heat secret room. Single aumtlich solutions should be impossible, but you guys have been really good at thwarting my efforts so far!
09-06-2009 at 03:50 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
I can do the intended solution in the Jungle Heat secret room, but can't seem to do anything else in there. Maybe you'd like to rededicate the room to TFMurphy. :P

Also:

The original Unsafe Shelter secret room works fine with the second speed potion removed. There's a spelling error on the scroll. Should be "chamber".

The new Unsafe Shelter secret room is pretty cool too.
09-07-2009 at 03:08 AM
Absolutis
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
How the *@%&# the Icy beginnings 1N can be completed? :bomb
09-09-2009 at 05:54 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Hint:
Click here to view the secret text

Nice hold, by the way :)
09-09-2009 at 01:33 PM
brian_s
It has been about a week since the last update. This update is purely cosmetic. I have submitted this version 8 to the HAs.
09-11-2009 at 11:05 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Flight of the Fegundo (Player role fegundo hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com