Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Beam Attack behavior on Custom Equipment
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
IP: Logged
icon Beam Attack behavior on Custom Equipment (0)  
The Really Big Sword has the unique effect of being able to block Aumtlich beams with its blade. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add this to custom equipment. It would be nice if like other attack-based behaviors, that this behavior is repurposed when placed on Custom Equipment.

On Custom Swords: You can use your sword to block beams. This doesn't allow you to protect your back, obviously.
On Custom Armor/Accessories: You are immune to beams so long as your custom equipment is enabled.

EDIT: Perhaps complete immunity for shields isn't the best option. As an alternative example, the "back turned" check used for goblins could be repurposed in that you can only protect yourself with a beam-deflecting shield if you're facing in the rough direction of the beam. So to cross one safely with just a shield, you'd have to either face the beam with a sword out, or cross it diagonally against the beam if you don't have a sword controlling your facing (or if you don't want to face the Aumtlich dead-on). Or perhaps this could be left for another alternative trait? Opinions welcome.

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 09-16-2008 03:08 PM]
09-16-2008 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: Beam Attack behavior on Custom Equipment (0)  
This sounds very, very necessary. Though Armor, being Armor, should have Beam Attack defend against any direction of beam.

09-16-2008 at 08:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
On the topic of aumtlich beams, it would be neat to manipulate them with 90 degree (etc) mirrors. I figure that if an NPC can detect being hit, and from a particular direction (which is my feature request), using that event to turn on its own aumtlich beam in another direction would do the rest.

That said, I say this without any plans to make a hold with this right away, so maybe I'm just being a pest. :)

09-17-2008 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I like this idea. At least I can then have a shield that blocks rays, without having the need of a really big sword (especially it's high stats).

I'm not sure about the reflections stuff though. That would need more testing.

09-17-2008 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Beam Attack behavior on Custom Equipment (+1)  
This old feature request has been superceded by http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=35930 and you can mark this one's icon as closed/tick.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-03-2020 01:19 PM]
10-03-2020 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Beam Attack behavior on Custom Equipment
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com