Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : war8 (continue the journey)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.9/10 (10 votes)
σ 2.84
Author Name:khaim
Submitted By:khaim100
Hold Name:war8
Theme:continue the journey
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:16
Number of Monsters:3141
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: war8.hold (156 KB)
Downloaded 1370 times.
License: Other
icon war8  
yes yes
12-24-2005 at 09:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: war8 (0)  
Note: I believe you'll need to restore if you enter 1E from the south. I think you must complete it from the west first.

As far as the hold goes, well it is another war hold. No other real problems that I noticed.
12-24-2005 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I can't even beat the first room on this one. It's obviously possible, but...
12-26-2005 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
The entrance is very hard... unlike many other rooms I test-played in the editor which were easy. All in all this isnt really a good hold because many rooms look quite randomly thrown together. Also the "war" theme is slowly getting old.
12-27-2005 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
khaim100
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 122
about the first room,
Click here to view the secret text

it wont be too hard.

if you enter 1E before the job is done, there is no backtrack. this is why when making linear, 'green door' rooms, you cant get it wrong. :? O:- :glasses :huh :huh -_-

at the last room you can just strike the beast, alas, instead of
wisely using the magnets.

i played a lot of drod, more than other games. but it seems that the real creation is in the levels themselves. if the solution is straightforward, you question yourself why they were even made. if its tough, but not weary, it is art.

12-27-2005 at 06:32 PM
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
I realized this weekend that was the only War hold I hadn't finished yet, so I set to finish it.

This is perhaps the hardest group of rooms for one of your holds, but also the most buggy (which is surprising, as I don't recall any of your other holds having any issues). Once you leave 1E to the east, you can't return. Same with 4E. Also if you solve 2E and then exit to the west you can't return and go to the east.

I got to the very end of the level and only then realized I hadn't done 2S or 2S1E. I couldn't backtrack because of the above mentioned problems, so after restoring and solving the two rooms I missed, I then had to replay 8! rooms to exit the hold. :thumbsdown :no

I've enjoyed these holds for the most part, but try to keep these sorts of problems out of them in the future, OK? :thumbsup

[Last edited by Tscott at 03-27-2006 06:02 AM]
03-27-2006 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: war8 (+1)  
I then had to replay 8! rooms to exit the hold. :thumbsdown :no

8x7x6x5x4x3x2 rooms?
03-27-2006 at 08:04 AM
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
Have a point for the math joke. Now, I'm glad I censored myself a bit on the exclamation marks. When I first typed that I had about four or five of them after the 8- now that would've been a lot of rooms... (of course 40,320 rooms is nothing to sneeze at either;) )

03-27-2006 at 08:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: war8 (-5)  
Why Were This Junk Hold And The war9 Junk War Published But My One or two Was/were Rejected?????

04-12-2015 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
Because your architecture is even worse.

04-12-2015 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Could you please explain why I am far worse than a THREE YEAR OLD?????

04-12-2015 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: war8 (+4)  
It surprises me too, and yet, you manage it.

04-12-2015 at 03:42 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: war8 (+1)  
Important threads to read:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=29182

Pay attention to what makes a hold fun to play, not just what's possible to do with scripting.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
04-12-2015 at 04:00 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : war8 (continue the journey) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com