Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (0)  
mrimer wrote:
I am confused and angered that someone thinks I have a sense of humor.

By pure, dumb luck the man without a sense of humor made me laughing.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 08-16-2008 09:19 PM]
08-16-2008 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kyevan
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 54
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (0)  
mrimer wrote:
Oh for the love of Mike!* Don't make me THINK like that!

(*: I don't know where I picked that up, but I've been saying it since before playing DROD, so I doubt it refers to Mike Rimer... but maybe it does.)
08-17-2008 at 05:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
mrimer wrote:
why??? Sense of humour is a fairly good quality
08-25-2008 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (+2)  
13th Slayer wrote:
why??? Sense of humour is a fairly good quality
Indeed. You should look into developing yours.

08-25-2008 at 09:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
If I'm not being forced to reply to the sub-sub-sub thread that formed from the original sub-sub thread which formed from the original sub-thread which formed from the original thread, my guess to the contest detailed on the original thread would be 46 :glasses

09-01-2008 at 11:07 PM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
mrimer wrote:

O RLY?

09-04-2008 at 06:00 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Initial release at 34. Peaks at 73.

[Edited/altered because magnetic resonance imaging mer has since tossed out a major clue concerning the likely release date.]

[Last edited by Lamkin at 09-12-2008 11:59 PM]
09-04-2008 at 09:52 AM
zwetschenwasser
Rank Points: 200
Is this going to get to the point that people start posting decimals of numbers in between previous posts? To quote the famous line from Dilbert's boss, "NO YOU FOOL!!!" O:-

(This was a general outburst of Noyoufoolery, not intended to a specific poster/post)

09-05-2008 at 11:55 PM
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
At release: 12
Peak: 46

09-12-2008 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (+12)  
It looks like we're currently at 19. Not that it's released yet...but there's definitely some anticipation. More to follow.

Edit: The time is 3:10. The suspense is building, and some of us are feeling the effects. Hyperme is biting his fingernails, hyphz is biting AtkinsSJ's fingernails, and rman is eating his own fingers for nourishment, and to concentrate on not waiting for DROD RPG. More to follow.

Edit: The time is now 3:12. A few more folks have sauntered into the room, making 21, and carefully avoided that biological hazard zone surrounding rman. There are some looks of pity, but nobody is willing to leave to go get help for him. Stay tuned.

Edit: At 3:14 (pi-ish!) some people have left the room, probably to get band-aids for rman. It is good to see that there is still some good in the hearts of humanity. I'm not leaving though. I'm the main reporter on the front line. People need to hear the details of what is going on!

Edit: 3:15. Somebody fainted. 18.

Edit: 3:16. Somebody else decided to join the person who previously fainted. 17. There is so much excitement that people can't stay conscious!

Edit: 3:18. Tragedy struck, as three people have vanished from plain sight. It may have been the bus that drove through the room. I caught a glimpse of the bus driver--it looked like a Poppy. I'm definitely going to call 1-800-BUS-4ALL to report his driving. The anticipation builds as the smell of bus fumes dissipates.

Edit: 3:19. Several people have come into the room through the hole the bus left. I counted 5, but I could be wrong as the dust has yet to settle. Mine eyes stay open! Mine ears are cocked and mine mouth is coughing. Still, my fingers type.

Edit: One of the current DROD optimizers is here. I can't tell how long Syntax has been in the room, but he's looking rather smug--like there's a gigantic, tasty steak on his plate, and he is merely waiting for the maitre'd to bring the A-1 steak sauce so he can dig in and devour that which is set out in front of him. Either that or he's wondering why there's a humongous gaping hole in the room. Ever vigilant!

Edit: The fingernail-biters and bitees are missing. I know not if they were hit by the bus or not, but all that remain are the clippings. rman is still hanging around...barely. 3:23.

Edit: 3:25. I have seen he himself! The man known as both Mr. Imer and mrimer is currently in the room! I know not the mystic keys that he holds, but the people around me are beginning to hold their breath with anticipation. I don't, because I rather like breathing and anticipating at the same time. Pinnacle is looking rather woozy...I hope the other people come back with those band-aids soon.

Edit: 3:26. Recent inductee to the "I know what the R button does" club, wiseoldman, has arrived. I know not if he anticipates the scope of the Event which is about to occur. All eyes are focused on what mrimer is doing now.

Edit: 3:27--SYNTAX HAS VANISHED! SYYYYYNNNNTAAAAAXXXXX!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: 3:28. Worse news! mrimer has also vanished! Oh why do we deserve such torture?! Why do we earn such perilous tormentous agonizing awaiting?! Why?! Tell me, Dischorran! Why?!?!

Edit: 3:30. Ask and ye shall LEAVE. Dischorran has vanished as well! I should...I should stop mentioning names! Yes! That will save us! That will save ME! I've seen more death today than any man should. Oh, Tendry, aid us in our peril!

Edit: Doom is watching me cautiously. I must be more cautious than he. I almost feel that one of us is the next to go. Waiting.

Waiting.

3:31.

Edit: The nail-biters have returned. If they were hit by the bus, they're ghosts! Run!

Edit: I have just been informed that they are not ghosts, but rather they are still alive. They had gone for Band-aids for rman. They returned successfully as well. I hope that no real ghosts come this day. 'Twould be most perilous and scary. 3:33. Doom is watching.

Edit: I see eytanz--he seems to be Mr. Imer's right hand for this project. While mrimer is nowhere to be seen, eytanz is jingling some keys. He is locking eyes with us--seeing the fervor inside. Jingle. Jingle. Jingle. It's getting to me. I look away. 3:35. 19. Somewhere, 4 people who were once here are gone.

Edit: 3:36. The jingling has stopped. eytanz has left. I feel more courageous than when the keys were striking one another. Doom watches. I wait. Pinnacle passed out from not breathing.

Edit: 3:39. The nail-biters have again vanished. I can only suspect that they went for some smelling salts for Pinnacle. Chivalry is apparently still alive in this world. Though how much longer can we last? I know not the answer to that question. If I did, I would answer it. I hope that the answer is something like "a while" or "pretty long". Actually, "long enough to see when DROD RPG is finally released" would be fine with me. Still, I am not holding my breath.

Edit: 3:40. We're at approximately the anticipated time of release. Doom is still watching. mrimer is nowhere to be seen, nor is eytanz. Waiting.

Edit: 3:40 (still) Syntax has returned. I can't tell if that's blood or steak sauce. I am loathe to ask. 23.

Edit: Lamkin has been here for some time. We are huddling together under Doom's gaze. Please let the roll-out commence shortly. 3:42. 23.

Edit: Jingling...jingling... :~(

Edit: I just noticed that wallu is looking at me like I'm crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY! YOU'RE CRAZY! HA! HAHA! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAAA! 3:44. 23 and 12 guests. Who is the 12th guest? More to ensue.

Edit: Slimm tom has noticed the work I'm doing for the world. Glory forever! 3:45. 20+13.

Edit: Huh. There's a Monkey. I hope it isn't rabid. That would just make this day so much more worse like you wouldn't believe. 3:47.

Edit: I almost typed ediot. Sometimes, that's how I feel. Like I'm an Ediot. DON'T LOOK AT ME, WALLU! Doom is still watching. I'm not looking at him anymore. CSR thinks I've snapped. I'll show her. I'll show them all! 3:48. 19+13.

Edit: The nines stare out. Their singular eye, triplicated, is languishing for far too long. mrimer, come and aid us all. Take these nines away and replace them with a one followed by two zeroes, a decimal point, and then as many zeroes as you so desire! If you like the nines, though I can't imagine why, please add an infinite amount beyond that third, so we will be able to play this long awaited RPG! 3:50.

Edit: 3:51. I have forgotten to request a download link as well! mrimer, hear my plea! Provide us with a full bar AND a download link! I know not how much longer I can stand this cursed existence full of unrequited yearning!

Edit: I caught a glimpse of a second monkey. At least, I think it wasn't the first one. This one is wearing a shirt that says "Forum" on it. Oh my! It's the forum monkey! 'Tis Schik! I'm waving as hard as I can! 3:53. 25+13

Edit: Lamkin left me. I am no longer huddling with Lamkin. I need a new huddler. :~(

Edit: I have decided to try to huddle with chinook. It's sounds Eskimoean to me, and I have heard rumor that they enjoy that which is huddling. I must be stealthy, though. They are also like polar bears, which can kill when startled. Stealthy. Stealthy. 29+9 3:56.

Edit: I was unstealthy. Chinook both noticed and fled. I am fortunate, though to have escaped with my life. 3:57.

Edit: wallu is no longer calling me crazy. He is not here. Doom is watching. Waiting. Still 3:57. 27+13

Edit: This forum edit clock is seriously b0rked. I may have stepped on it. 3:58. 25+13.

Edit: Dischorran is back. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 3:59. 23+14.

Edit: Apparently he doesn't like to answer questions. Gone once more. 4:00. 25+13. I never thought I'd last to see that digit 4.

Edit: I have munchies. Scarcely a peep is being made. SHUT UP WALLU! I'M STILL NOT CRAZY! 4:01.

Edit: I'm beginning to question my own sanity. Wallu and Doom are helping me ask. Why won't the mind-hurting stop? 4:02. 25+14.

Edit: It's almost been an entire hour. I may have to cannibalize soon. I don't want to be near me when that happens. Unfortunately, that's something I can't avoid. Maybe if I don't look at myself, I won't smell like fresh...rotisserie......chicken.

Edit: I stuck my fingers in my nose. It's seeming to work. RoboBob3000 is doing that thing where he's staring at me when I'm not looking and quickly glancing away when I look at him. I see the motion--light travels faster than your eyes! Jerk. 4:06. 27+12.

Edit: The Spitemaster claims to have had the first hold in Architecture! I can not believe him. The bar is not yet full. I think he is spiting me. And he's pretty masterful at it. 4:07. 25+18.

Edit: Still in the process of showing CSR. More to follow. 4:08.

Edit: It's apparently the birthday of ErikH2000 and techant. I just want a piece of the cake. STARVING. 4:09. 25+17.

Edit: I was fearful that The Spitemaster had kidnapped mrimer and forced him to hand over the code to the game so that he could make the first hold for DROD RPG. My fears have not yet been allayed. The hold is not up for download on the downloads section...and he does appear to have a legitimate file extension. Something new to fear. Thank goodness the jingling is not happening. 4:12. 28+15.

Edit: I see responses. I will respond in kind. 1. Hate you, now, Dischorran. 2. Hate you too, RoboBob. The end. 4:13. 27+14.

Edit: Banj has arrived. I can tell because I have no idea what just walked into the room, but it said "I'm Banjooie!" And I trust it. Perhaps...perhaps it will allow me to huddle? 4:15. Still 27+14.

Edit: Hyperme and slimm tom have called out The Spitemaster on his FAKE DROD RPG hold. What a meanie, trying to pass it off as real. I'm going to put his name in the "Hate you" pile. 4:16. 24+13.

Edit: I've stopped trying to determine who is entering and who is leaving all of the time. Whoever's doing it, though, is pretty annoying, because I keep having to change the number. And there are these anonymous guests with bags over their heads. Are they too nervous to show that they actually care about DROD: RPG? Are they ugly? Maybe I will end up tearing off one of the bags just to see. Then again maybe not. I'm feeling kind of lethargic because my stomach is devouring itself. 4:18. 26+11.

Edit: I've just had a horrendous thought. What if a game-crashing bug is found and nobody tells us?! Cruel!

Edit: Syntax--April Fools' jokes can only happen on April Fools. This might be an Erik's Birthday Fools joke...but I certainly hope it's not. 30+14. 4:20.

Edit: Slimm tom has gone to the dark side of FAKERY! He has also uploaded a purported hold for DROD RPG. (Still hoping they haven't stolen mrimer's codes. That would make them both evil and mean.)

Edit: The nines! Oh, God, the nines! 4:22. 31+14.

Edit: I broke the news, Spitey! I break all the news! This breaks the # of online users! 32+15! Ha! Of course, we still have not broken that barrier--which doesn't include guests. DO SOME RESEARCH, PAL! 4:24.

Edit: During my last edit, I called The Spitemaster "PAL". This was erroneous on my part. The Spitemaster does not deserve said title, as he is in the "Hate You" list. Crisis averted. 4:25. Also, number down, as 28+13.

Edit: Wishing. And hoping. And dreaming. And praying. Doom is watching. And waiting. The kisses will start. That won't get you into his heart. Wait, what?

Edit: I'm not doing a very good job of showing CSR. 4:27. 30+14.

Edit: I aim not for epic-ness, Hikari. I aim to inform. The dust has settled. There are two gigantic holes in the wall. From a bus. 4:29. 30+15.

Edit: I'll see you there, Spitey. Tell me which playground, which flagpole, and which 3:00. Hopefully by then Tendry will have come and dissolved this dispute betwixt us. Nyah. 4:30. 27+15.

Edit: There are no more red folders. There is only the waiting. Waiting.

Edit: That, and the jingling. Make it stop! DON'T LOOK AT ME, WALLU! Doom is watching...tell me why, Dischorran, so I can show CSR. rman is bleeding through his Band-Aids. 4:32. 28+17.

Edit: Cheese obsessive is calling out to some deity named Bob Saget. I know of only two. mrimer and Tendry. And neither of them are here. The gods have abandoned me! Still...I must...carry on. This is important, what I am doing. 4:34. 30+12.

Edit: It has recently come to my attention that the person I have been referring to as The Spitemaster is actually The spitemaster. If The Spitemaster is here, I apologize. If The spitemaster is here, I don't. 4:35.

Edit: I miss Lamkin. I hardly knew him.

Edit: 31+10. My mouth is getting dry. Yet I thirst more for DROD RPG. Ever forward through time!

Edit: The forum monkey still hasn't waved back. My wrist is getting tired. I think I'm going to stop waving. 4:38. (Jingling...:( ) 31+13.

Edit: The time is now about one hour after mrimer was supposed to get home. I'm looking at you, The spitemaster and slimm tom. I'm looking at you with a look that would spit venom were I a snake. 4:40.

Edit: I have been opening and closing the The Bureaucracy tab for 50 minutes. There is nothing there! Dischorran why?! 4:41.

Edit: How can I trust you, slimm tom?! You and The spitemaster are the ones who have stolen mrimer from us! Your word is worth less than your FAKE RPG hold. I'm frowning at you, now. 4:43. 31+8.

Edit: It seems that another user here is fighting for the side of good! Hikari, thank you for being more than a decent human being. Thank you for being the Churchill to their Hitler, the Abel to their Cain, the Betsy Ross to the Chinese sweat shops. 4:44. 30+7.

Edit: My right arm is missing. It tasted like chicken. I stole rman's Band-aids. 4:45.

Edit: Deceit, slimm tom! Evil must first tempt, else it can not abide! Foul filth! Dirty dirt! Ptooeyable Ptooey! 4:47.

Edit: This just in. Noma is shorter than many of us. 4:47 still. 30+12

Edit: That's it CSR! You tell it to mxvladi. I'll still show you though. I'll show them all. 4:49. 31+13.

Edit: Slimm tom--I know not who this aal is, but there shall be no glory for you. None whatsoever! The glory shall belong to three and three alone! Tendry, mrimer, and Caravel Games! (Caravel Games is like the Holy Ghost.) 4:50. 31+9.

Edit: Thank goodness HA is a tenured position. Moohahaha! 4:51.

Edit: HA! Take that, The spitemaster! Get thyself far away from this realm! 4:52.

Edit: Await! Avast! Where is mrimer, thou scoundrel?! 4:53.

Edit: Pneh--size doesn't matter. Also, a side note to slimm tom: LA LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA. 4:54.

Edit: Hikari too has turned! There is only I left. Be strong, zex. Be strong. 4:56.

Edit: STOP THE JINGLING, EYTANZ. STOP! Doom is watching. 4:57.

Edit: I shall not fall victim to your fiendish schemes, tom. (May I call you tom?) 4:58. 35+8.

Edit: Where did my left arm go? Now I have to type with my nose. 4:59.

Edit: Glorious glories! mrimer hath returned! Perhaps, forsooth, forthwith DROD RPG shall become available to those who have so eagerly and anticipatorially awaited! 5:00!

Edit: Still hate you, RoboBob. 5:01.

Edit: Hikari hath redeemed himself in mine eyes (what's left of them) with the gift of a Rubik's Cube cake. Awesomeness emits from every color and corner of the scrumptious dish. 5:03.

Edit: Pneh has also seen the glories of nose-typing. It shall become a fad which lasts ages, and thusly becomes not a fad but a way of life! Well...my life anyway. Why oh why do I taste so good? 5:04. 34+11.

Edit: Lamkin! *huddles* 5:05.

Edit: My goodness. I have forgotten the person who performs as the voice of Tendry. Who is it? Who is the glorious person who gives phonemes to our hopes and dreams? 5:06. 37+9.

Edit: It seems that there is a high potential for us to break the barrier of 44 users, set upon the release date of TCB. Guests, TAKE THOSE BAGS OFF! TAKE THEM ALL OFF! OH YEAH! 5:07.

Edit: Doom is watching. Waiting. 5:08.

Edit: I decided to take matters into my own hands with Doom. I strode over to him and noticed that he had painted eyes on his eyelids, and was actually sleeping, and it only looked like he was staring at me. So I did the only thing I could do. I bled on him. 5:09. 38+7.

Edit: I have one source saying that Abbyzzmal is doing the voice of Tendry. I believe it to be true, but would like a second confirmation to preserve my journalistic obligation. 5:11. 38+7.

Edit: Gone! mrimer is gone! Woe are we! 5:12.

Edit: I'm cold. 5:13.

Edit: I have been hearing the theme music of Jeopardy for the past hour. 5:14. 35+11.

Edit: Now the sneezes start. Next shall be the sniffling. 5:16. 35+13.

Edit: A realization. It takes 11 strokes of the page down key to reach the edit/delete portion for this post now. This is essential for preservation. I must do all that I can to maintain my disposition and position. 5:17.

Edit: It has been confirmed that Abbyzzmal has indeed given voice to our stalwart hero, Tendry. While justice shall never fully be done to his glory, let us hope that the performance of Abbyzzmal truly makes us reflect on the awesome power of Tendry. Amen. 5:19. And thank you, Abbyzzmal.

Edit: I'm running out of limbs on which to nourish myself. This may get me into trouble in the future. 5:20.

Edit: I shall attempt to get a firsthand report of how much time remains until we see the glorious glorious glorious glories of DROD RPG. I'm going in to the DROD chat, as I've seen rumour that both mrimer and the forum monkey are there. 5:21.

Edit: SCREW YOU, HEISENBERG! SCREW YOU...I THINK. I'm so uncertain...(That was a joke.) 5:25.

Edit: Hikari has reminded me of the glorious cake! 'Tis glorious, and not a lie! Yum. :) 5:27.

Edit: What is this double digit guest thing! Bags off! Off! OFF! 5:28. 35+17 Freaking 17!

Edit: Hikari has found a bug with CaravelNet Chat. Hopefully this will not delay the sweet release of DROD RPG. 5:30. 36+16.

Edit: Need...water...cake...deliciously moist...but not water...must...drink... 5:31. 31+18. Why the decreasing?

Edit: News from the front. mrimer has a "lying NPC" issue to take care of. I know not what that entails, but it seems as though our wait has just been made longer. 5:33. 33+14.

Edit: If I survive this ordeal, I will look back, upon reading this, and either laugh or cry. I haven't decided which, yet, but when I do, I will be sticking to my decision. 5:35.

Edit: mrimer has returned to the forum! Glorious glories await? Perchance to squeal. 5:36. 31+11.

Edit: I appreciate the fact that the derivative of the number of users over time is now positive. Though I may be losing my mind, my mathematics remain intact. 5:37. 34+9.

Edit: I feel my muscles atrophy. I am wasting away. Perhaps soon I must type in smaller text so as to show my diminished abilities. 5:39. 32+13.

Edit: I hope that no forum moderator edits this post. It would be nigh upon impossible to fix. 5:40.

Edit: Reliable sources are mentioning that mrimer is working on what seems to be a hold bug, not a code bug. Hopefully it is merely a text issue, and we will have it sorted shortly. 5:41.

Edit: Thanks again to the wonderful cake-bequeathing Hikari, for confirming said report. Though the glorious glories may be delayed, this intrepid reporter will maintain position until death or release, whichever is sweeter. 5:42. 30+14.

Edit: I've gone through one layer of the cake. It still doesn't twist. Hopefully, I will be able to rotate some portion whilst it is in my stomach, so as to see if the cube was indeed soluble. 5:44.

Edit: Tom, formerly slimm tom, may be spouting unfounded rumour as to the status of the bug-fixing process. Let us hope indeed that they are unfounded. 5:46. 31+15.

Edit: I hope two things. One, that the forum does not have a character limit on single posts, and two, if it does, that I will not approach it this evening. 5:47.

Edit: This is a good user direction. We have 36 people in the room. I don't count the other 17 because they choose to wear their anonymous bags. Remove thine bags, infidels! 5:49.

Edit: Hooow loooong...has this been going on? 5:50.

Edit: I believe that I've become accustomed to the jingling. I miss it when it stops now. I need an apple to go with this cake. 5:51. 38+17.

Edit: The boards remain the same. There is no update of the forum to reflect the release of DROD RPG yet. Yet another sign that the game has not yet been released. Waiting. 5:53.

Edit: I killed one. One of the things I loved the most. A panda. Fairly impressive with just one leg, no? 5:54. 36+20.

Edit: Briareos has come from the dark side of a crappy (so I've heard) movie to the brightness of the anticipatory release of DROD RPG! Huzzah for our German (I believe--either that or Austrian) music aficionado! Hopefully your movie was bootlegged. 5:56.

Edit: My enemy is the only one keeping me alive and awake. If I let my guard down for an instant, I shall become rendered moot. Or dead, one or the other. Vigilance is the price of safety, and insanity the cost! 5:58.

Edit: I have firsthand information that Briareos is indeed Austrian. Our PM system is a good one. I knew we were brotherly in tongue, but not of which country he was. 6:00. The 6! It is but an upside-down nine! Be strong. Be strong.

Edit: I believe that I ought to wake Doom and ask how he so cleverly painted eyes on his eyelids. I may soon need the same tack if I am to survive pre-release. 6:02. 29+9.

Edit: Where is Mr. Potatomoto? We've been waiting. Pea-Steve! 6:03. 34+9.

Edit: There might be a spammer on the Dev board. Sic 'em, people who would know better than I! 6:06.

Edit: Now both of the enemies are away. We are free from their tyranny! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, WALLU! 6:07.

Edit: I spoke far far too soon! As soon as one enemy leaves, the other returns! Strewth and painfulness! We must meet by the flagpole, The spitemaster, so that nothing of this sort may ever again occur. 6:08. 38+13.

Edit: Insane was thrown from a bridge. Alas for he. 6:09.

Edit: mrimer is still here, but has not tossed a scrap of newsworthy glory to us mongrels begging for crumbs from the table. I shall further attempt the puppy-dog-eyes tactic. It is all I know. 6:10.

Edit: What...what happened? I was fine one moment and out the next! Maybe that's what happens when I lose a lot of blood. Regardless! I now return to excellent and awesome news! We are nearly upon the release of DROD RPG! The waiting was tedious, but it is almost (almost!) over. We know this because there are some pages that are down, and some others that are up! Soon the glorious glories shall come to pass! I don't care that eytanz is jingling the keys anymore. I'm going to wake Doom! 7:25. 34+9.

Edit: The anticipation feels headier now! Like we are heading somewhere! By the way, I'd like to thank noma and Fafnir for picking up the mic whilst I was out. But...can I have it back please? It was pretty expensive. 7:27. 33+9.

Edit: Still waiting. I'm feeling wrinkles crawling on my face. 7:29.

Edit: For one of the first times tonight, my name is not the last on the list. Curse you, Znirk! Curse you for the alphabetization of your name! (Firefox recognizes alphabetization as a word? Kick butt word for Scrabble.) 7:31. 24+13

Edit: OH MY! Jutt claims to have the game! Is it possibly true?! 7:32. 26+13!

Edit: There is some doubt. The big folks haven't said things yet. mrimer; forum monkey; Inform us! 7:34.

Edit: This is just a suspicion, but it looks like Jutt will be going onto the "Hate You" list. He may have been misfeeding information about DROD RPG by answering with facts about TCB. Stay tuned for the lynching. 7:36. 28+14.

Edit: There is a link in General which leads to a setup file! It seems that one gamer_extreme_101 may have subverted mrimer, and delivered unto us a link of download potential! Further information forthcoming. 7:39. 32+13.

Edit: This is currently downloading. The game's out, chumps. 7:44. 39+16.

Edit: I (and others) had a bit of a premature infatuation. The demo apparently has some corrupted setup files right now. Perhaps we should have waited for mrimer's official official announcement, and add gamer_extreme_101 to the Hate You list. And, I've already taken care of the second part because I'm awesome like that. Updates to come. 8:10. 23+9.

Edit: There seems to be a bit of a desire from the gurus o' the forum to stop with the downloading before they get stuff ready to download. Essentially, the road's not paved yet. You may get hurt. Don't suicide yourself and murder the game at the same time. That'd be bad. Even though I'm also guilty...I act upon it no longer, though. 8:15.

Edit: Apparently, the link which was posted has been shut down. Take that, door-bashers! (Taken.) 8:20.

Edit: Some folk are currently playing the game. Desire mounting! Resistance failing! Shields up full speed ahead! 8:34.

Edit: It seems that one of the gate-crashers has found what seems to be a drastic bug pretty much right out of the gate. Hopefully this is a workable issue. I know nothing about coding, only of reporting. 8:37. 12+10. The excitement seems to have perished.

Edit: No news. Feels like bad news. 9:03. 12+12.

Edit: There are some technical issues with the release of the game that are being worked upon. If you're reading this and trying to do things with the game and the site at the same time, please stop. 9:12.

Edit: The site is up! This means that the game can be down--loaded! mrimer confirms that the game is safe for purchase and downloading! 9:22. 20+10.

Final edit: I hope you guys enjoyed this report from the front lines. Don't worry--I didn't actually gnaw my limbs off. Also, most of the things I said about people I didn't mean. Except things that you found both true and enjoyable about yourself. And the bit about thanking Abbyzzmal for voicing Tendry. Have fun, and RPG well! :D

[Last edited by zex20913 at 09-13-2008 02:28 AM]
09-12-2008 at 08:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354

I wish that man would stay away
09-12-2008 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
Because.

09-12-2008 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I've heard it's been bumped back to a 2009 release.

09-12-2008 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
And disappoint all 43 of those fans? Nah, they'll just release like vista.

09-12-2008 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Erm... you guys do realise this is an April Fool's?

There is no RPG - just look at the release date. Certainly not April 1st...
09-12-2008 at 09:19 PM
The spitemaster
Tie for most people on fourm. 30 +14

09-12-2008 at 09:26 PM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
This.... is epic.

But I'm going to guess that the forum crashes one minute before the release and 0 users are online. ;)

09-12-2008 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1226
zex20913 wrote:
Edit: Slimm tom has gone to the dark side of FAKERY! He has also uploaded a purported hold for DROD RPG. (Still hoping they haven't stolen mrimer's codes. That would make them both evil and mean.)
Check for yourself before you accuse me of fakery :)
09-12-2008 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Zex29013... I think that you have crossed the line.

PLAYGROUND 3:00 BY THE FLAG POLE

09-12-2008 at 09:31 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
The spitemaster wrote:
Tie for most people on fourm. 30 +14
I believe the record only counts registered members...
09-12-2008 at 09:33 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
Bob Saget, I have to go to class in half an hour. That means It's probably gonna come out the minute before I leave, causing disaster everywhere.
09-12-2008 at 09:36 PM
The spitemaster
I do feel that tug of school classes on me. It pulls and pulls. Still 20 min.

09-12-2008 at 09:40 PM
slimm tom
The forum Monkey just came online! The horror!
09-12-2008 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
slimm tom
mrimer is alive and well, and I can assure you The spitemaster has nothing to do with it, neither do I.
09-12-2008 at 09:45 PM
The spitemaster
I have his phone number. And I bought futures. I'm playing the markets

09-12-2008 at 09:46 PM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Hey guys. So I herd you liek DROD?

09-12-2008 at 09:46 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Mudkip?

Edit: it was mew

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 09-12-2008 09:48 PM]
09-12-2008 at 09:47 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
Guys, I think I figured it out, none of us are clicking the bar right now.

GO GO GO.
09-12-2008 at 09:48 PM
The spitemaster
Most Epic Thread Evar!

09-12-2008 at 09:48 PM
slimm tom
Zex, wasn't I the one who attracted attention to your report? Wasn't I the one who unveiled The spitemaster's fakery? Trust me, as I am not lying.
09-12-2008 at 09:49 PM
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com