Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : More monsters and booses for drod (Post here new mosters and new booses for the comming drod)
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kasman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon More monsters and booses for drod (-1)  
Boos:
The Master of the illusions of the mirror(traduced by google):
this guy its the most dangerus in universe its the perfection you olny can kill it hit when you destroy all of his mirror armor,its icredibly dangerus is uses the ilusion and the mirros for trap and kill you
skills:
be mercury:be for 3 turns inmortal
ilusion:be him move 3 times in 1 turn(he usues normaly
Mirrors:= the whips of slayer but these aren't for find these are for block you,are 5 mirros move in 8 directions.pd:danger he can create 2 mirror to port near you(3
squares in you actualy back)
mercury wuuba:sumon a wuuba with the color of mercury can do 5 turns).
master canon:EXIT FROM ACTUALY ROOM INMEDIATLY OR HE ARE GONNA TO KILL YOU.(when these 5 turns charge atak,kan blast all room and kill you)

you can kill olny with: no sumoned wuuba(at 5-7 turns of contat with him he be digested)(pd2:he can get out wuuba when you are near)(5 squares)
destroying his mirror armor(try to use his port mirros to atak him from back and rfetreat his sowrd move are oriente every time to you,but tihs oriently aren't itmediatly)after 10 strikes he's whitout armor and you kan kill him and now he olny can use ilusion.
ha i forgot that:ilusion wawe:ha ilusion ball move
uniform
in straight line)that wawe is kill you when touch is some esaly for evade but when tihs ball crash launch other 3 balls in a random direction.
master ilusion:exit form room or you are gona to see you traped (after kill an ilusionary master) intro a a closed lab of mirrors and tjhe master are in in with a long sord kills you inclde when you're defending.

in conclusion thats all of mi boos is't a chanlege for any player try to create and beat him,ha i forgot say the bombs don't kill him directly olny gets 2 hits to his armor. :rambo :medieval :ninja :pepsi
and don't try to fire him lasers or anitihng are launchabe
it is going to bounce to you.(but more weaken).
monster:
kamikaze:these guys ataks you whiout any strategy,whe are very rivlas of brain and where are one in the room are gona to fight to death.(this figth are determined by probabilityes)(barin and kamikaze have 50% of win in this battle.
but when are gona to atak to you are some easly to kill.
pd3:taken care of heavly number of theses or you're gone to te easy kill.

[Last edited by kasman at 05-05-2007 08:21 PM]
05-05-2007 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: More monsters and booses for drod (0)  
I see you have a probability-based idea. This is bad.
From this, I will assume that I wouldn't find it worthwhile to decipher the remainder of your poorly written post. Sorry.

05-05-2007 at 08:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kasman
sorry im not good in english and i used gooogle for one words.
a good tihng from the the master of ilusions of mirror:it's unique and appear wehn you olny need 5 levels to win a good idea is weak is imba abilitis be like:master ilusion and master canon
modificacion on boos.
master canon:a blue wawe strike 3 lines of quares.
master ilusion:olny appear near you when him cast after 3 turns of chage.
adn his armor dissapear after 5 hits,do you like more now?.
ha and when you kill it you kill it form the the rest of game but he recovers 1 armor every drod clok time retuns of 1 to 1(some time to blast him fast and the thing whats happen when you hit him with laser or torwable tihng olny retuns to you when was is a laser it's olny 1 line-square laser)

[Last edited by kasman at 05-05-2007 08:40 PM]
05-05-2007 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
I don't want to be rude, but I can't (And I mean I can't) read what you're saying. You really should brush up on english. It isn't that difficult to use proper spelling and punctuation. You idea could be good, but we'll never know if we can't understand what you're saying.

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
05-06-2007 at 01:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
zonhin wrote:
It isn't that difficult to use proper spelling and punctuation.

I'm still struggling with it. :blush
05-06-2007 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
icon Re: More monsters and booses for drod (+1)  
NiroZ wrote:

Weh? Minor infractions are nothing, if on the whole you can figure out what the frack people are saying. Sometimes it's annoying if it's a common error and you still remember your teaching from gradeschool about it (like me >_>), but as long as it's possible to figure out the intended meaning without straining your brain too much no harm is done. I rather think on the whole you do a damn fine job, and I don't think I've noticed any places where you've made any egregious errors of this kind.

As for the offending posts, I think I can translate them from faux-Engrish (which, unlike real Engrish, isn't so much funny or weird as it is English botched only enough to make understanding it a bit of a nuisance). semi-edit: After fixing up the first post, I'm not really sure I want to do the second, since it was a tad time-consuming. The fixed version of the first post (Italics indicate added notes, most of the rest was considerably altered):

Boss:
The Master of Mirrors and Illusions (Deduced by Google):
This guy is the most dangerous foe in the universe. It's the perfect monster, and you can only kill it when you destroy all of his mirror armor. It's incredibly dangerous, and it uses illusions and mirrors to trap and kill you.

Skills:

Mercurialize: The master becomes immortal for three turns.
Illusion: The master moves three times in a single turn.
Mirrors: The master's 'normal' attack; he uses these like the slayer's wisp, but instead of using them to find you, he uses them to block your movement. He uses five of them, and they can move in all directions. Be careful, as he can cause two of these to teleport behind you (leaving you only one space to move away from him).
Mercury Wubba: The master summons a mercury-colored wubba, which can move 5 spaces in a single turn (?? ..Not enough words to translate properly)
Master Cannon: EXIT THE ROOM ASAP OR HE WILL KILL YOU. Basically charges his laser for 5 turns and then fries the whole room. (>_>; )

You can only kill the master with a normal wubba (touching one will cause the wubba to eat him, and after five to seven turns of contact with the wubba the wubba will finish eating him, but if you get close he can escape the wubba's clutches), or by destroying his mirror armor (you can try to use his teleporting mirrors to attack him from behind and retreat, as while he will try to block your sword with his own he can't move as fast as you), which is completely gone after 10 strikes (making the 11th strike the one that finally kills him, and after his armor is gone he'll only be able to use Illusion).

Ha, I forgot to mention something about a couple other skills:

Illusion Wave: It's an Illusion Ball (??? ..Not mentioned at all from what I see, but maybe it's just meant to be a ball of energy) that is fired at you and moves in a straight line. It's easy enough to evade, but when it hits something it launches three more balls in random directions that will also kill you on contact.
Master Illusion: Leave the room if this happens, or else after killing a false version of the master you'll be trapped in a labyrinth of mirrors, where the master will hunt and kill you with a 10-foot long sword that can make its way past yours (so even if you block it, he will move towards you and kill you).

In conclusion, that's all I have on my boss. It's a challenge for any player to try to create (?) and beat him. Ha, I forgot to say that you need at least two bomb explosions to destroy his armor (one's not enough). Also, don't try to bounce any lasers or anything that's launched across the room at him, or else it will just bounce back at you (but in a weakened form).

Monsters:
Kamikaze - This monster attacks you without any strategy, they are the rivals of brains and if there's a brain and kamikaze in the same room, they will fight to the death (the winner is determined by a coin flip, aka there's a 50% chance that the brain survives and a 50% chance that the kamikaze wins). If you don't take out a lot of these monsters quickly, you'll be an easy kill.

:sigh: After rewriting most of that, I have to say that this boss idea is NOT a good one for DROD. It might be passable in a console action game (though I'm not even sure complete and total annihilation fits in there for a boss ability; you do need your players to finish it otherwise they'll hate your guts for making it impossible to finish and possibly not buy your next game), but this is a puzzle game. Puzzles aren't meant to rely on luck; you should be able to solve them exactly the same way someone else did, and especially in this puzzle game since one of the key draws and intentional design pursuits of DROD is the ability to know exactly how everything in the room will react to your actions before you do them. This goes against that ideal (known as perfect information) quite egregiously, and I don't think too many people are going to support turning away from that.
05-06-2007 at 06:31 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
BDR wrote:
NiroZ wrote:

Weh? Minor infractions are nothing, if on the whole you can figure out what the frack people are saying. Sometimes it's annoying if it's a common error and you still remember your teaching from gradeschool about it (like me >_>), but as long as it's possible to figure out the intended meaning without straining your brain too much no harm is done. I rather think on the whole you do a damn fine job, and I don't think I've noticed any places where you've made any egregious errors of this kind.
I was just trying to point out that it isn't as simple as zonhin was saying, especially if your not sure exactly what you're saying in the other language.
05-06-2007 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Out of fairness: kasman's English is much better than my Spanish. It's not really fair to criticize his imperfect command of something that's not his native language. (Kasman: you can always try posting in Spanish; it's possible that someone here will know it well enough to translate it.)

("Traduce", by the way, is probably "translate" and not "deduce". "Can do five turns" is probably "which he can do once every five turns".)

Regardless, BDR is exactly right. Too much of this suggestion is contrary to the nature of the game.
05-06-2007 at 09:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
For what it's worth, I'd find the above much more readable after some spell-checking and with an actual structure, featuring punctuation, proper paragraphs, capital letters and the like. That doesn't seem to require any significant knowledge of the queer English lingo.
05-06-2007 at 09:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zonhin
NiroZ wrote:
zonhin wrote:
It isn't that difficult to use proper spelling and punctuation.

If I can read what you're saying, I'm fine. Heck, the whole reason I can spell so good is because of the spell checker in Firefox.

05-06-2007 at 04:35 PM
Thy Dungeonman
Rank Points: 32
Alright, here's some I had, because I think a dedicated monster thread is kind of a good idea (Maybe people will post their ill-thought out "Invulnerable goblin queen that teleports and shoots lasers" ideas in one spot so we can ignore them seriously it's like some people who post ideas here have never even played this game or realized this ISN'T FRELLIN ZELDA AND YOU CAN'T DODGE STUFF IN REAL TIME AND IT'S A PUZZLE. grumble grumble grumble )

Here's some I had:

Archers: Discussed in another thread, where I described thier AI in more detail. They don't try to get closer, they get you in their line of sight. Once they do that, it takes them one turn to pull their bow back and one to fire. You get hit by an arrow you die. Unless your sword is in the way. I guess. And so does anything else. And the arrows ring orbs. Yay.

Playing chicken with these could lead to all sorts of awesome crap, like standing in between two archers and getting out of the wat so that they shoot each other, or getting them to hit orbs that you can't.

BFAFH (Big F***ing Adder From Hell): This is a snake, of course.
Except that each body section is a TWO BY TWO SQUARE.
In fact, it moves twice as fast as you do.
How is that fair? Well, there's a drawbak: IT'S NOT THAT BENDABLE.
A normal snake can make two turns in sucession and double back on itself. THIS CAN'T.
EX:
normal snake can go like this:
/-----o - HISS
\----->

Big F**ing snake goes like THIS:
/-----o - HISS
|
\----->
So if you make a couple of choice diagonal moves you MIGHT be able to evade it.
Being an adder it eats everything, including orbs and obstacles and other monsters.
It has serpant and adder vulnerabillities, but it takes four sword strokes to make it lose a section.
I can see this being hilarious at least, who doesn't want to play chicken with a huge snake and make it everyone?

Fairies: My attempt at a teleporting monster.
Fairies only move when you can't see them. If a golem in their current place would be standing still and confused, they'd move. If they are in a position that is somewhere from 3 to 9 o' clock from your sword, they'd move. Otherwise, they stay still. However, you can't just sneak up on them, because if you point your sword at them, they will teleport an equal number of sqaures behind you IF their is NO WALL in that space. (note: they can fly)

Example.
./..
0....F
(four spaces between you and fairie)
(turn once to the right and...)
F....0-...(poof)

Mirrors do nothing. I think. I'm not sure how to work in mirror interaction.
They're basically a cooler version of evil eyes. You could set up minefields of them and force

Kitten The Kitten from Nethack that eats monsters for you but can get lost easily (if it gets out of your sight, meaning outside that square range covered by an invisible potion it will wander in a suitibly predictable fashing). You lose if it dies because Beethro doesn't like dead kittens (or DOES HE?). But it eats monsters. Good kitty.

In the presence of a brain it WILL try to kill you and you STILL can't kill it.

There. Three ideas that I'm not sure needed their own thread and one that already did that I personally think have potential for awesomeness.

[Last edited by Thy Dungeonman at 05-08-2007 03:53 AM]
05-07-2007 at 07:37 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Um...maybe, yuck, yuck, yuck. In order.

Archers might be cool if Beethro's sword reflects arrows like eye beams, and the arrows are dangerous to monsters too, and can only kill one thing.

2X2 snake? No. Stop all thoughts of this now.

Fairies? No teleportation. Yuck.

Kittens? I like the idea of a sentient monster killing aid, but not one that totally changes mentality when brained. Nor one that dies if it leaves a radius.

05-07-2007 at 10:18 PM
Thy Dungeonman
Rank Points: 32
Archers: Arrows in my mind are ONLY meant to kill one thing. It would not be managable otherwise. The sword stopping stuff idea is probably necessary.

Adder: I will not stop thinking of it. It haunts MY DREAMS.

Fairie: Why not? The way I described, they don't move when your tavelling towards them and the teleportation is easily manipulatable. You could do all sorts of crazy stuff, like teleport them on purpose onto an island with a clone or something.

Kitten: It doesn't DIE when it leaves your sight, it just wanders. Possibly you could do something to tell it to sit or stay. I mean, they're kittens, they don't have much of an attention span.

And I'm keeping the "brain affects kittens" idea, because it adds some really cool possibilities, like puzzles where you simply have to avoid all the kittens (and manipulate them into "safe spots") while making your way to the brain.

Brain affects most creatures in odd ways anyway.

[Last edited by Thy Dungeonman at 05-07-2007 11:25 PM]
05-07-2007 at 11:24 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
zex20913 wrote:
Kittens? I like the idea of a sentient monster killing aid, but not one that totally changes mentality when brained. Nor one that dies if it leaves a radius.
Everytime you screw up, DROD kills a kitten.

Please, won't somebody think of the kittens? :lol

05-08-2007 at 08:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BDR
Rank Points: 106
:wonders how DROD is able to kill kittens: Does it, like, possess the computer and make it eat them somehow, or does it just think about the kitten dying and 'make it so'?
05-08-2007 at 09:21 AM
zex20913
It hires me. I hate kittens.

05-08-2007 at 12:57 PM
kasman
ok the master of ilusions of mirror are so much.
i'm gonna do do killable mosters.
monster:
rat:you can kill without sword(the rats are normally in dudegons and don't worry can't kill you)
Fliying sword:a sword fliying,be caeful thath hurts.

Double sworded banana:A living banana with 2 short swords.

Beetro Evil clone:=by guard but have the same body of beetrho but don't have his mind.

NPCs:
Young boy(halph):it's halp with 18 Years old age he helps you striking orbs stuning monsters and more things.

Slayer king:The king of slayers.

Priest Globin:yes do you readed good a globin working of priest.(you see one of theses in your mind?)

05-10-2007 at 12:58 PM
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
kasman wrote:

Seriously, this made my day :lol
I'm gonna do an NPC later. :fun

[Last edited by vittro at 05-10-2007 02:25 PM]
05-10-2007 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zonhin
kasman wrote:
rat:you can kill without sword(the rats are normally in dudegons and don't worry can't kill you)
It would be intresting (Read: Not useful) to have some background creatures running around
Fliying sword:a sword fliying,be caeful thath hurts.
How does it behave?
What the heck?
Beetro Evil clone:=by guard but have the same body of beetrho but don't have his mind.

NPCs:
Young boy(halph):it's halp with 18 Years old age he helps you striking orbs stuning monsters and more things.

Slayer king:The king of slayers.
What use are these?

Priest Globin: yes do you readed good a globin working of priest.(you see one of theses in your mind?)
I don't think Eric wants religion in DROD.

By the way, I see you've already improved your English a bit. Congratulations!

05-10-2007 at 11:08 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I want goblin priests.

They worship the almighty Wooden Lightbulb.
05-11-2007 at 08:57 AM
zex20913
No no, Banj. He's talking about globin priests. Every time you kill a monster, the blood congeals into another monster when a globin priest is in the room!

05-11-2007 at 11:40 AM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Boss ideas then? Hmmmm.

The Slayer is already quite a nice vicious one, that mainly has to be avoided (yes, slayers *can* be killed in certain situations, but they're still nasty).

A few ideas to throw in then.

Superguard: Nice simple one this. They would move and act like normal guards, with one exception - heavily armoured with asbestos shoes, so immune to sword blows and hot tiles. Can only be killed by platform/bridge dropping, being eaten by an adder or bomb/fegundo explosions.

Watch Tower: Fires paralysing beams in all eight compass directions (like an aumtlich), that can be deflected by sword or reflected by a mirror. Does not rotate, it will fire in any direction that will hit Beethro. However, it is completely stationary. Possible idea - leaves rubble behind when destroyed, like a golem.

Telepath: Acts like a brain (smartening up all monsters), but is mobile, and runs away like a roach queen

All of those should be reasonably easy to implement, and shouldn't be game-breaking.

05-11-2007 at 03:08 PM
Banjooie
zex20913 wrote:
No no, Banj. He's talking about globin priests. Every time you kill a monster, the blood congeals into another monster when a globin priest is in the room!

Shut up, that's actually kind of awesome.
05-12-2007 at 08:52 AM
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
zonhin wrote:
kasman wrote:
It would be intresting (Read: Not useful) to have some background creatures running around
I think it might be interesting to have a 'bait' monster, that flees from you, and has a kind-of decoy effect. Not sure how usable it would be; it just popped into my mind when I read this, and this is a bit of a bizarre topic anyway. :P
05-12-2007 at 11:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kasman
new monsters:
Dancing armor:moves like mud and tar every turn is cancing its funny to figh vs them.

ghost: the gosth of all life can walk inside and flying on the
precipices ,you olny can kill him with a espectral sword

orcs:are more dangerus by globin these guys are the oposite of globins are some brutal and brave you need 2 hits with you sword to kill him don't worry whn you strike with you sword he retreats 5 suqares later charges again(he haves an axe and these axe occupies 3squares example:S=sqare A=axe,O=orc.
SOS
AAA
SSS
new weapons:
crossbow:olny you can trow with him 1 arrow move all of straight line in 1 turn but waste the turn of lauch(expaleyou have a goblin in a place you can't enter you fire with the crossbow and kill it but be caeful when one moster is near after shoot you neeedf 1 move to to take again you'r sword for take one croosbow simpli move in the same plare are these crossbow to take(fire button:f,retun to sword button:r(the crossbow moves to you invetory)
espectral sword: his taken is equal by crossbow but olny works intro the room you are in this moment that sword can kill ghost and anything like normal sowrd ha and wuubas can't detec this sword.

[Last edited by kasman at 05-14-2007 12:25 PM]
05-14-2007 at 12:22 PM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
As a wise man noted in a thread long-forgotten, but absolutely awesome...

I vote we dissect him and do all kinds of weird experiments to find out which.

Anybody with me (: ?
05-14-2007 at 04:37 PM
Banjooie
My good sir, when something like this drops into your lap, you stop, collaborate, and listen.
05-14-2007 at 11:06 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Dex Stewart wrote:
...which what?

05-14-2007 at 11:35 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Jatopian wrote:
Dex Stewart wrote:
...which what?
I wondered, too. He meant this.
05-15-2007 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
Jatopian wrote:
...which what?
I wondered, too. He meant this.
Should we file this under "Which Hunt", then? :P

05-15-2007 at 09:25 AM
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : More monsters and booses for drod (Post here new mosters and new booses for the comming drod)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com