Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Delver's Demise (Assorted Puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.8/10 (20 votes)
σ 1.70
Author Name:Patrick Fisher
Submitted By:gamer_extreme_101
Hold Name:Delver\'s Demise
Theme:Assorted Puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:15
Number of Monsters:88
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:4 (+4 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Delvers Demise Final.hold (116.7 KB)
Downloaded 1850 times.
License: Other
icon Delver's Demise  
Well, this is it. My hold is finished, and ready for release. Thanks goes out to TripleM, Doom, and Tim for testing, and they'll have somthing special waiting for them at the end of my hold.

This hold has puzzles ranging from easy to difficult, so most people should find it enjoyable. Have fun!
06-12-2005 at 05:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
icon Re: Delver's Demise (0)  
good dungeon so far, but I'm stuck at 2N1W.
a tiny hint is welcome

thanx

06-16-2005 at 12:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Delver's Demise (+1)  
If you solve 1N2E before solving 2N2E, you're stuck.

08-18-2005 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
icon Re: Delver's Demise (+1)  
Well, I’ve simultaneously conquered and mastered this hold. It’s a great hold, one that I’m particularly fond of. It’s too bad that I had to do 3 rooms twice due to a point where I was stuck in the roach queen/mimic rooms, not having finished the seep room. (Eytan
noted this above.) Everything was also a little roundabout, or inaccessible, but that’s part of the hold’s thing. I enjoyed it and found the puzzles to be top notch, especially the tar/mud room with its directly Northward variation. The room that I enjoyed the least was the tar/mud/2 mimics secret room, but that’s probably just my taste. I just have low tedium tolerance but (conversely) much perseverance. Well, kudos to Patrick for making such a great hold.

02-21-2006 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Penwielder
Rank Points: 628
icon Re: Delver's Demise (0)  
I found this hold because of gamer_extreme_101's post over in the recent reunion thread and also thanks to the new button on the forum mentioned there.

Like Swivel here, I conquered and mastered this hold simultaneously. The postmastery content was interesting to me just because I've been around for less than two years as of now (and thus I hadn't seen that thing before).

Overall, I liked this. The tar/mud rooms were my least favorites. 2N wasn't bad, but one round of it was enough. The 'tar/mud/2 mimics secret room' was the worst by far. On the other side of the spectrum were 2N2E and 2N1W--both unique and interesting.

It looks like there's not much other work out there by you, and I've already been through Beethro's First Job. It might be interesting to see more from you now, six years later. :)

[Last edited by Penwielder at 06-28-2011 05:55 PM]
06-28-2011 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Delver's Demise (Assorted Puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com