Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : How did you find the site? (Just interested.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
egg egg
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
IP: Logged
icon How did you find the site? (+1)  
Back in about 1999, I remember having a disk with hundreds of shareware games on it. My favourite one was called Deadly Rooms Of Death ( I think it was webfoot). Only being eight or nine at the time, I couldn't even beat the third level.

One day last year, I remembered all this and Googled DROD, and Drod.net seemed the obvious place to get it again.

04-10-2005 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AtakeeR
Rank Points: 36
icon Re: How did you find the site? (+1)  
I found DROD and this site by... Home of the Underdogs, I was searching for good, hard puzzle game and something based on levels not on score. I played KDD and I found that "it was it" on some of lvl 3 rooms, then I passed next levels rather quickly. First major problems appeared on lvl 8 - but not with three mothers room, it was 3S 1E that was hardest for me. Next problems sowed up on 9th level which is still hardest (or maybe rather most annoying) level for me. Now I'm waiting for KDD on JtRH (I just can't play under AE, JtRH is so beatiful, and suddenly AE looks horrible - before JtRH I thought that graphics of AE are very nice, but now I can't even look on it for longer than 15 minutes :)).
04-10-2005 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: How did you find the site? (0)  
Gamestar.
04-13-2005 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ostegolectr1c
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
Home Of The Underdogs :D

04-15-2005 at 09:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Rank Points: 67
I found this wonderful site through The Underdogs also. I was really glad to find that DROD had been taken over by Caravel. I first played the Webfoot demo from a cd of 1000 games that I used to have (Its long gone now...). After the demo, I wanted to play the full version, but you had to register...

Thank goodness it ended up in the hands of Caravel. :D

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:04-18-2005 at 03:16 PM: Email Notification off]

04-15-2005 at 04:06 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: How did you find the site? (+2)  
I was trying random words to see if the domain name was taken.

04-15-2005 at 05:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
A friend of mine got me hooked on the game many years ago (when it was Webfoot DROD). After a year or two, I found this site by doing a search on the internet.
04-15-2005 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
The real story is slightly more complicated than this, but I'll just point my finger at jdyer.
04-15-2005 at 11:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
When I was in third grade, I went to a Jewish after-school program. That year they had six Windows 95 computers in one room, and there was also a CD of 100 games. By gosh, the first game on the CD was DROD. It was only the demo of Webfoot DROD, but I eventually got into the game, and later on downloaded the full version of Webfoot DROD at home. Browsing for DROD sites online brought me to DROD.net.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

04-17-2005 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
minhtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Underdogs.
I went to Puzzle sector, made a sort and saw DROD is at the top with a link to this site.
04-18-2005 at 07:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
One of my friends told me after he was trying to find out where to get Webfoot DROD. I didn't even think of googling for 'deadly rooms of death' :fun .
04-18-2005 at 11:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Svante
Rank Points: 169
I followed a link from a site that I discovered by following a link from a gamemaker site.

-Svante
05-27-2005 at 04:08 PM
Ravon
Rank Points: 220
I went to the same after-school program as Noah, but later, try as I might (every shareware collection available), I couldn't find DROD. Later, I downloaded Caravel, got to level four and stuck, and forgot about it. Then, I think about a week after AE came out I discovered that and the site.

So that's my DROD history
06-01-2005 at 09:07 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Google baby!

Actually, I think I was looking for a walkthru or something because I was stuck on a room in Caravel DROD.

06-01-2005 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
roach strangler
Rank Points: 57
icon Re: How did you find the site? (-1)  
Google.
12-17-2007 at 08:53 PM
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
I still don't get why that sort of bump is considered so bad... Yeah, roach strangler was pretty useless, though it can still be a fun topic to post in, even though it's old. I feel like even if you bump a fun, old, topic, posting with some actual content, people will still get angry on you... :?

Sorry for posting this here, (I don't even think this is a good example myself... But I hope you'll see what I mean.) :)

12-18-2007 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
To misquote Wikipedia, epic necrobumps require epic content. If strangler posted a huge post explaining how he and his friends have gone to a haunted house on a bet, and he was the only one brave enough to go in, and then he saw a spooky stranger with a hook for a hand, who pointed his hook to a wall, and on the wall were the letters DROD written in blood, and when he turned around the stranger was gone, and then the lights have gone out, and he ran away in terror, and later when back home he couldn't sleep thinking about the mystery of DROD, so he googled it, and that's how he found this site, I bet nobody would mod that post down.

12-18-2007 at 01:06 PM
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
My dad. (Again)

12-18-2007 at 01:24 PM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Mr. Slice wrote:
My dad. (Again)
My mother is quite into puzzle games. I've tried to introduce her to DROD, but not had much success. It doesn't seem to fit with her - she prefers word, number and logic puzzles. My argument that DROD is one gigantic logic puzzle has gone unheeded :P

12-18-2007 at 01:31 PM
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
Ever since he stopped playing, I've tried to convince him to come back.

"No! There's no undo button!"
"Uh... dad, yeah there is."

Fortunately, he still playtests my holds, (Yes, I'm going to give my first) so there shouldn't be too many mistakes. So far, I guess my plan to bring him back to the light is working!

12-19-2007 at 03:48 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I followed the announcement on DROD.net that they were introducing a new URL.

Someone else showed me DROD.net.
01-03-2008 at 10:48 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vinheim
Rank Points: 300
To my luck, searching for a good freeware game got me 2 great links

1. First one linked to a site that recommended Tower of the Sorcerer

2. Second one linked me to a freeware games website when JTRH wasn't released yet, just AE. Due to being too young and stupid to finish any of AE's puzzles I quit. Few years later I had enough money to buy any shareware game, but only one. I searched websites and it recommended DRoD when JTRH was released. I tried out the demo and though the gameplay of the game was different to the Gamecube games I got used to, it was pretty addicting so I bought it, got addicted, had my highschool life wrecked (just joking) and am still playing it now. TCB is astounding compared to JTRH, but that's for another topic...
01-05-2008 at 07:23 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : How did you find the site? (Just interested.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com