Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Is there something in the forum's water supply?
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Re: Is there something in the forum's water supply? (0)  
Personally, I think you're all lovely people, and I would like to invite you to my house for tea and crumpets.

Note: I do not have any crumpets. Or tea.

07-16-2011 at 02:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Is there something in the forum's water supply? (+2)  
Penwielder wrote:
As for the forum in general, one thing I've noticed in the past is that a decrease in the amount of organized stuff happening (which in our case would be stuff like new holds, challenges, contests, SmSs and games) results in not only a decrease in activity, but a degeneration in the quality of the activity that remains.
One of the reasons I'm running all these contests is because of the near total lack of them recently. I actually sent Erik and Mike an email about how it's been a long time since we had any, so we may as well have a whole bunch of them in a row. Of course, it helps when the Illumination goes out on time... :P

Seriously though, this was the first forum I ever spent any serious amount of time on, and it is kind of a shame that the activity level is so low now compared to (what I remember from) 5 years ago. Old friends have become inactive, and new friends have arrived, but not as many of them. I sincerely hope that with the upcoming releases, and enough of the right publicity strategy, we'll see a dramatic uptick in the quantity of quality users. And hopefully, we'll all be able to get along with each other without feeling like we're picking on each other.

07-16-2011 at 02:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
DiMono wrote:
Personally, I think you're all lovely people, and I would like to invite you to my house for tea and crumpets.

Note: I do not have any crumpets. Or tea.
Oh, I can supply the tea - Darjeeling, Ceylon or Lapsang Souchong? :yes

And will cinnamon shortbread do in place of crumpets? :look

07-16-2011 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
da rogu3 wrote:
12th Archivist wrote: I am trying to find those gosh-darned pictures without any luck so far.
Very subtle hint for the second picture:
Click here to view the secret text

Edit: And a question to those who have seen it..

Can I get a hint of the first picture please?

07-16-2011 at 11:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Penwielder
Rank Points: 628
Has anyone thought about the possibility of a third screenshot being out there by now?

07-22-2011 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Is there something in the forum's water supply? (+2)  
Penwielder wrote:
Has anyone thought about the possibility of a third screenshot being out there by now?
What do you mean you haven't found it? ;)

Edit: It's not really a secret:

[Last edited by Tim at 07-23-2011 11:27 AM]
07-23-2011 at 11:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Tim wrote:
Penwielder wrote:
What do you mean you haven't found it? ;)
Is there some magical, mystical way of finding these things? It seems like finding them involves considerable amounts of jumping through wholly unrelated hoops of searches and clues. Either that, or finding them involves browsing through old posts.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
07-23-2011 at 11:49 AM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
12th Archivist wrote:
Is there some magical, mystical way of finding these things? It seems like finding them involves considerable amounts of jumping through wholly unrelated hoops of searches and clues. Either that, or finding them involves browsing through old posts.
If my previous post wasn't clear enough then you might want to reread it. You were just too fast. :)

The pictures aren't supposed to be secret; it's just that I don't want to put them in this thread, and because the Illumination thread (or the General board) is the one that most people read.

07-23-2011 at 12:05 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Tim wrote:
If my previous post wasn't clear enough then you might want to reread it. You were just too fast. :)
Ah. I was assuming these pictures were like the hidden pictures of TCB before that came out, with all the red herrings and search puzzles. Glad to know these are simpler. Good thing, too, since the SmS should be coming out in a week or two. That is, of course, if Mike finds the time to finish up the last few hours of work.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
07-23-2011 at 12:51 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I wouldn't know honestly, since I only drink apple juice around these parts.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-23-2011 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Is there something in the forum's water supply?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com