Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Kingdom of Loathing (An Adventurer is You!)
<<891011
Page 12 of 13
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Kingdom of Loathing (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
The gifts were given out simply for having played the game that long, Doom.
...yeah, that one was obvious. I was just wondering about the more specific conditions of receiving one.
Hikari wrote:
I suspect the main motivation for wanting to finish the last ascension before NS13 came out is that they made familiars stop retaining levels when you drag them along on your ascension.
Sure, that makes some sense. I've not studied the change list myself... But would that really make such a big of a difference? Getting the arena equipment, using candy hearts, etc. the familiars will grow to reasonable levels fairly quickly anyway.

Also, I'm fully intending to get the stab bat trophy now that there's almost no penalty involved anymore.
06-25-2007 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
there was no penalty before.
make the stab bat level 20 using the arena.
beat NS with whatever familiar you enjoy.
trade that familiar for stab bat, enter rift.
wait til you have 10,000 meat lying around.
buy your trophy.
??
profit.

actually.
I got my slice'n'dice trophy (not displayed because I don't wanna), by getting the bat to level 20 after beating the NS.

edit: oh, you meant "no penalty" as in "you're not missing a change to keep a level 20 something else," didn't you? hrm. I suppose. I under-use familiars, so I never noticed.

[Last edited by silver at 06-26-2007 12:42 AM]
06-26-2007 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Can someone please explain what the heck is an ascension.
06-26-2007 at 06:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: The Kingdom of Loathing (+1)  
When you complete all the quests and start over again with benefits and extra restrictions if you want them.
06-26-2007 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
I see.
Anyway, I've also applied for the smitemasters guild, name Wandering Cloud
06-26-2007 at 08:10 AM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
So.. if LePont could be accepted into the Guild I'd be obliged.

"Oook!"
06-26-2007 at 07:50 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Accepted all four, and sorry for the delay. I was on a vacation, sort of.

Yay, new content!

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
06-30-2007 at 11:59 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Just for the record, the level 12 quest is awesome. So awesome. I have not begun to dig into its awesome.
06-30-2007 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
I haven't played it recently. Is it awesome enough to start over?

07-01-2007 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Uh, yes. If you've stopped playing before NS13, it's a nice day to start again.

Nice day for a white wedding, not so much.
07-01-2007 at 04:30 AM
Nillo
I think the Bounty Hunter Hunter revamp is the most awesome NS13 thing, 'cause I like to go adventure in random places, and now I have a good reason to.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
07-01-2007 at 08:21 PM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Absolutely. Hoorray for filthy lucre.
07-01-2007 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
By the way, I started playing again and just applied.
07-01-2007 at 09:06 PM
Puffazoid
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Oh, Man, I played this for a longtime before this thread, and i STILL love it. :thumbsup

07-27-2007 at 05:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
Randomly decided to get back into this, having played oooh, about 5 or 6 years ago when I was at college (though not for that long). I remember why I enjoyed it so much the first time - it's hilarious. Baseball bats tickle me far more than they deserve to :)

07-28-2007 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
BeefontheBone wrote:
Randomly decided to get back into this, having played oooh, about 5 or 6 years ago when I was at college (though not for that long). I remember why I enjoyed it so much the first time - it's hilarious. Baseball bats tickle me far more than they deserve to :)
My favourite bit would have to be when I managed to steal my own pants , closely followed by the council of loathing ordering me to buy a passport on the black market. :lol
07-29-2007 at 01:42 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Hey everyone, it's Crimbo. Best time to join. Give it a try; it's fun.

12-17-2007 at 03:37 AM
Nillo
So the clan is pretty much inactive at this point, and I'm thinking about searching for a new one to join.

Would anyone care if I just transferred leadership of the Smitemaster's Guild to whoever last logged in, and then left? I haven't decided yet, but if I see an opportunity I might jump ship.

[Last edited by Nillo at 04-22-2008 06:36 PM]
04-22-2008 at 05:41 PM
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
I just started Kingdom of Loathing a few minutes ago, and I just gotta say it's so absurdly hilariously random, it's the epitome of EPIC. :D

Edit: Oops, forgot my name. It's WubbaArmy, currently a level 1 dough acolyte.

Aaannddd level 12. :D

[Last edited by Monkey at 06-10-2008 12:01 AM]
05-03-2008 at 04:42 AM
bdwing
Rank Points: 288
What with the upcoming clan improvements, I was thinking of rejoining a clan. Does anyone have an opening in their clan?

"Until it ends, there is no end."
06-09-2008 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
Ooh ooh!

It's called Smitemaster's Hall (yeah, I know, there's one with a similar name, but still), like the forums, but with stat boosters, and karma instead of rank points. :) WubbaArmy = Monkey. Currently quiet, but just wait. It'll become active.

Edit: Also, I have a forum in the clan, for the non-DRODers, DRODers, and potatoes. :P

Even though I'm advertising in every place it's fit. :P

[Last edited by Monkey at 06-10-2008 12:10 AM]
06-10-2008 at 12:01 AM
Nillo
The new dungeon content is a lot of fun, and it's really easy to make new friends with it. I found a guy who's played the game almost as long as I have, so we have a lot in common, and we both do our best to help each other. I'm glad I got to meet him. :)

06-23-2008 at 01:48 AM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
I'm back in KoL again, as Calamarain. Got a clan atm... but it's a rather small one. I'm willing to move to a larger one, if that clan is sufficiently large to afford Hobopolis.

06-23-2008 at 02:08 AM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
I'm ready to look for a clan... Name's Sillyman. Turtle tamer.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 08-08-2008 02:53 AM]
08-08-2008 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
the smitemaster's guild does regular dives into hobopolis, but we just have three hobo slayers at the moment, so it's not like hobopolis turns over every day in our guild.

edit: welcome to the clan, sillyman.

[Last edited by silver at 08-08-2008 04:05 AM]
08-08-2008 at 03:54 AM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Is the name of the clan "The Smitemaster's Guild"

Just making sure it's easy to find. Or you could just tell us your playername and we can see it in your profile there :)

08-08-2008 at 04:10 AM
Sillyman
I got it, don't worry. Shame I made my account immediately after rollover. Dratted Eastern time.

Edit: Ah well, rollover again in 20 minutes.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 08-08-2008 04:12 AM]
08-08-2008 at 04:11 AM
silver
clan: "Smitemaster's Guild"

I'm "silverkitty" #87774

08-08-2008 at 04:13 AM
Sillyman
Ayup, I noticed. Now then... adventures need refreshing so I can raid the sewers.

Edit: And I need lots more stats. Hehehe.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 08-08-2008 04:30 AM]
08-08-2008 at 04:28 AM
silver
I was replying to calamarain's question, you silly man.

[Last edited by silver at 08-08-2008 04:37 AM]
08-08-2008 at 04:36 AM
<<891011
Page 12 of 13
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Kingdom of Loathing (An Adventurer is You!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com