Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Voice Acting and Custom graphics (All required information)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
calamarain
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 933
IP: Logged
icon Re: Voice Acting and Custom graphics (+1)  
To answer the questions:

No, you're not allowed to alter pre-existing TCB graphics to suit your needs - they're under Caravel's copyright. You have to have them drawn from scratch.

If you include sounds and custom graphics in a hold, and you export the hold - yes they are included.

As for the voices... feel free to contact any/all of the people on the list who're up for giving voice work. The reason it's best to make sure the hold is ready before you ask for the voices... is because there've been situations in the past where people have asked for voice acting... and then never actually released the hold that the voices were going to be used in.

When the hold's pretty much done, there's a big list of people on the front page you can contact for voice work. I don't need to see the script, just make sure there's nothing offensive in there. If you need eightised swear-words, I'm sure you can ask :)

To respond to Mr Slice - best thing to do to see if the file has actually recorded is to use Audacity. That way, you can see the waveforms of the file. It might have recorded very very quietly, so another possibility is to select the entire file and amplify it, see what comes out that way.

02-20-2008 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
icon Re: Voice Acting and Custom graphics (0)  
Thanks that really helps :thumbsup

02-21-2008 at 03:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Well, I'm a little unclear about the established process for requesting artwork here (do I message Calamarain or all potential artists directly?) so I'm just going to post my request here and see where that gets me.

I need some custom graphics for my hold Porthole. This requests breaks the rules because this is not a complete hold, but I have reasons for needing the graphics as soon as I can get them.

Apart from a couple of bugfixes, I have the main engine of this game completed. Since I will be copy/pasting my engine room in order to create all rooms of this hold, it makes sense to include the correct character graphics in with the engine room before I do all of that, in order to avoid extensive graphics updating.

So for anybody willing to give it a go, here are the graphics I most urgently need.

Energy Pellet: I need a NWSE character graphic that represents an energy pellet (the yellow glowing orb in the screenshot). North facing should indicate northward travel, south should indicate southward, etc., etc.

Energy Pellet Launcher: This a NWSE character that launches the energy pellets. I can't find a good picture online, but people familiar with Portal (or the flash version) should be able to figure out what this looks like.

Energy Pellet Receptor: This is an 8-direction character, although it's really a 4-direction character in two different states. It will represent both an open and closed receptor. The open receptor frames will occupy the NWSE slots. The open receptor is the glowy thing on the right side of the floor in this picture. The closed receptor will occupy NW/SW/NE/SE slots, and can be seen on the left side of the shot here.

Thanks-a-plenty!

04-07-2008 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Yep, posting here is fine. It might encourage new artists to come out of the woodwork as well. The reason there's a list of artists is so that you can message them directly, people who you know are into it.

But the list is by no means complete, so there's no harm in doing both - posting here, and asking them by PM. One thing though - you have got custom characters set up in your hold? e.g. you have a character type called "Pellet" or something, which always appears the same. You should only need to import it once, and set it to always be the graphic for that character. Then, any usage of a "Pellet" type monster will always show that graphic.

04-07-2008 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
calamarain wrote:
One thing though - you have got custom characters set up in your hold? e.g. you have a character type called "Pellet" or something, which always appears the same. You should only need to import it once, and set it to always be the graphic for that character. Then, any usage of a "Pellet" type monster will always show that graphic.
That's a great idea. I'll get started by doing that. Thanks!

04-07-2008 at 07:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kyle10707
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
If you ever need a voice for a kid of ages 10,11,or 12 I can help! :D (No accent)

[Last edited by Kyle10707 at 05-22-2008 04:18 PM]
05-22-2008 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Kyle10707 wrote:
If you ever need a voice for a kid of ages 10,11,or 12 I can help! :D (No accent)
Sure, I'll add you in. Though technically speaking it's not possible to have no accent :) Everyone has *some* accent, just depends where it's from.

05-22-2008 at 04:20 PM
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 229
Could i speak too?

It depends from that what like i have to speak.

05-22-2008 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
Can I join? I am ok at some accents, but I can make a good slayers voice.

05-22-2008 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Sure. Do you both have microphones? I'd appreciate it if you post a sample of your voice on here.

05-22-2008 at 05:48 PM
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
I'll get the sample when Dad gets the uhh... something, working. Or at least tells me how to save it. I'll ask him in 6 hours when he should get home.

05-22-2008 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Now that I have a good mic, I'd like to add myself to the voice acting group. I have a good range for speaking, I can speak clearly either high or low. I also have a basic American accent although if you give me some time I can pull off a Boston or New York accent as well. I also can sing if you give me the tune.
06-09-2008 at 08:15 PM
calamarain
Added you. Welcome!

06-09-2008 at 11:22 PM
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
Hey calamarain, thanks for the great list, but can you set me to "free avatars and tiles, and to PM me" if someone needs something? Thanks!

06-12-2008 at 08:37 PM
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354

File: Announcer.ogg (742 bytes)
Downloaded 37 times.
License: Public Domain
Sample voice from smitemaster selection audition.

I wish that man would stay away
06-16-2008 at 01:10 AM
calamarain
vittro, spitemaster: You're on the list.

06-16-2008 at 01:52 PM
Pneh
Rank Points: 154

File: Voice.rar (794.6 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
Add me! I can do a variety of voices (according to me at least, and my cousin).

My audition for the SmS as audition to this:

[Last edited by Pneh at 06-17-2008 11:53 PM]
06-17-2008 at 11:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pneh
calamarain wrote: Pneh - Wide variety of voices, unusual accent.
Unusual accent? I did other voices in the audition-lines. I would say that I don't have an accent (except when I want to :P ).

EDIT: And oh! My normal voice is pretty deep.

[Last edited by Pneh at 07-16-2008 06:51 PM]
06-18-2008 at 04:38 PM
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
By the way, i am now available for voice acting:)

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-16-2008 at 12:21 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Pneh wrote:
Unusual accent? I did other voices in the audition-lines. I would say that I don't have an accent (except when I want to :P ).

You did a great pirate voice :pirate

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-17-2008 at 03:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pneh
mrimer wrote:
Pneh wrote:

You did a great pirate voice :pirate
Thanks!

I accually thought it was pretty bad... But apparently not!

07-19-2008 at 09:16 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I'm interested in the creation of a new type of monster with a Christmas theme for the December contest. Email me for details.
11-24-2008 at 08:03 AM
calamarain
Guys,

May I point you all towards this forum post

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=28581

Have a look, see if you want to do it :) It involves singing a few lines, which will be edited together into a "Choir" of voices.

03-29-2009 at 12:46 PM
melvin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
I'd also like to speak some (or lots...) voices. ;)

Click here to view the secret text

06-14-2009 at 01:30 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I appear unable to find my microphone, so please take me off the list for the time being.
07-01-2009 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PigmyWubba
Rank Points: 151
Hey could i sign up as a graphical artist(I cant do avatars but im fairly good a pixel art)

I may be new here but on one of my other forums im known for my pixel art and it seems fun!

04-19-2012 at 11:14 PM
Butch32
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 7

File: voicepack.ogg (289.9 KB)
Downloaded 35 times.
Hi cuz I can do beethro halph and other voice! I'm not lying. O:-

07-27-2012 at 11:25 PM
Garlonuss
Rank Points: 275
Depending on availability at the time, I'm willing to give my services for either voice acting or custom art.

As resume:
Voice: I did the voice for Greybeart in GatEB as well as a few of the guard voices. ("Pull the other one" and so on.)
Art: Here's a link to my personal site where I continue to post new drawings and images I make.
Absolutely-Radical.com

Click here to view the secret text

08-01-2012 at 05:14 PM
averagemoe
Rank Points: 487
Signing up for voice acting, my description for the list:

Averagemoe - Male, highly expressive, might not pay attention to casting calls particularly often.

01-31-2018 at 08:30 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Voice Acting and Custom graphics (All required information)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com