Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : When New DROD Will Be Released? (Naughty Fan Waiting.......)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DROD
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 7
IP: Logged
icon When New DROD Will Be Released? (0)  
So Topic Tells All.. :rolleyes

09-10-2007 at 10:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Znirk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 613
icon Re: When New DROD Will Be Released? (+1)  
The City Beneath has already been sort-of semi-released. Judging by the yellow "patch progress" bar (the 3.1 version, which the patch refers to, is what they want to advertise to the general public and press on CDs), it's also going to officially come out "soonish", but you can already download the demo or buy the download-only full version 3.0.
09-10-2007 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
icon Re: When New DROD Will Be Released? (0)  
Znirk wrote:
The City Beneath has already been sort-of semi-released. Judging by the Deadly Bar Of Death (the 3.1 version, which the patch refers to, is what they want to advertise to the general public and press on CDs), it's also going to officially come out "soonish", but you can already download the demo or buy the download-only full version 3.0.
Fixed. ;)

09-10-2007 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
And if you're referring to the RPG, we don't know but it's in the works.

09-10-2007 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Jatopian wrote:
And if you're referring to the RPG, we don't know but it's in the works.
But if it doesn't have Stanley the Roach, production should stop now, and then nobody will ever know that it was anything more than a forum in-joke.

09-13-2007 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
If Stanley doesn't appear, I have that 'Beach Rallye' comic starring Stanley as one of the contestants. Sadly, I only made it in french, and I have no idea of where it is...

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-18-2007 at 01:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
Off-topic: Let me test something.

Hi DORD!

09-19-2007 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
aztcg7
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
Off Topic: OOOOOO!!!!!! The bar is at 99.5! Given progress, it's likely to be out this weekend, or maybe even sooner!

Or later. Whichever.

09-19-2007 at 03:02 AM
tailchaser
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
icon Re: When New DROD Will Be Released? (+2)  
Well, if by "the new DROD" you're referring to the non-beta CD release of TCB, it seems to me that at least three things would need to be completed first:

1. Mike finishes fixing the known bugs that the 3.1 patch is supposed to fix. Judging from the Deadly Bar of Death, this will happen quite soon.

2. An extensive amount of testing is done on the 3.1 patch to make sure all rooms in TCB still work as they were intended to, no new problems have been introduced, holds saved in the file format 3.0.0 uses can be successfully imported, and in general nothing has been broken by the patch.

3. The final copy of the program is sent to a CD-ROM authoring service. They need to finish printing all of the CDs before anything can be shipped out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when the bar reaches 100%, that may not necessarily mean "the official non-beta CD release of TCB ships today," as much as we (myself very much included!) might want it to already. (I've pretty much been spending my time coming up with evil ideas for rooms in the editor while I wait for the CD to be released.)

As far as the tentatively titled "DROD RPG," we really can't tell when it will come out, since we only have one piece of information, which is that the code for it was finished in April. (but not the graphics, music, level design, or any other things it needs) My guess, though, is that it will be released on April 1, 2008.

09-19-2007 at 05:41 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I should perhaps mention that there is a deadline for the patch, so that we can enter DROD into the IGF. CDs will likely take longer, however.

09-19-2007 at 08:02 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
tailchaser wrote:
1. Mike finishes fixing the known bugs that the 3.1 patch is supposed to fix. Judging from the Deadly Bar of Death, this will happen quite soon.
Currently, there is only one bug left for fixing for 3.1. Schep has dibs on fixing it, so it's in capable hands (which is a good thing, because this bug's a tricky blighter). Besides that bug, an apparently stable 3.1 RC is available and anyone who is willing to back up their TCB installation first may try it out with impunity.
2. An extensive amount of testing is done on the 3.1 patch to make sure all rooms in TCB still work as they were intended to, no new problems have been introduced, holds saved in the file format 3.0.0 uses can be successfully imported, and in general nothing has been broken by the patch.
Yes, we definitely need testing. I can't do all this myself, so I'm going to need whatever help I can get, asap. Otherwise, I'll just have to commend 3.1 to the waves to meet the IGF deadline, which is in less than two weeks. This version is looking pretty solid, though. Maybe some person...let's call them the "Director"... could organize a sign-up for people willing to retest a TCB level or two from beginning to end with the new 3.1 patch. This could be done at any time, starting today.
3. The final copy of the program is sent to a CD-ROM authoring service. They need to finish printing all of the CDs before anything can be shipped out.
Yup. And we've got some nostalgic Danforth goodies ready for the deluxe CD version too, and whatever other coolness Erik has pulled together.
As far as the tentatively titled "DROD RPG," we really can't tell when it will come out, since we only have one piece of information, which is that the code for it was finished in April. (but not the graphics, music, level design, or any other things it needs) My guess, though, is that it will be released on April 1, 2008.
That would be an awesome release date! Erik and I still haven't discussed a schedule for producing/finishing the next game, but I'm still working on it. As soon as 3.1 is released, maybe we'll hammer out a plan and put up a new DBOD.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-19-2007 05:57 PM]
09-19-2007 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: When New DROD Will Be Released? (+2)  
I can confirm that in 3.1.0.46, everything up to River Dugan 4s4e is completable.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 09-19-2007 07:50 PM]
09-19-2007 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: When New DROD Will Be Released? (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Yes, we definitely need testing. I can't do all this myself, so I'm going to need whatever help I can get, asap. Otherwise, I'll just have to commend 3.1 to the waves to meet the IGF deadline, which is in less than two weeks. This version is looking pretty solid, though. Maybe some person...let's call them the "Director"... could organize a sign-up for people willing to retest a TCB level or two from beginning to end with the new 3.1 patch. This could be done at any time, starting today.

Your wish, my suggestion.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

09-19-2007 at 09:26 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : When New DROD Will Be Released? (Naughty Fan Waiting.......)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com