Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Hold Junkyard (Contribute to the Junkyard's Selections!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
IP: Logged
icon The Hold Junkyard (+1)  
Welcome to the Hold-Junkyard!

If you take a quick look at the architecture board index list, you'll notice that it's a quite long list. In fact a great part of the holds posted in this board are or seem to be abandoned. Many of these abandoned holds contain a lot of good ideas. It's a pity that they are just lying here and rust.

So I had the idea of creating a Hold-Junkyard. Architects can post their abandoned holds here and we will recycle it and use it for a hold compilation. This compilation will then contain selected rooms/ideas/story components/puzzles of the abandoned holds. It will be called.... "Junkyard's Selection" (JS). Junkyard's Selections will appear between 2 and 4 times a year.

Do you have an abandoned hold?

Post it here and we will use your work together with the work of other authors! Just post it here with a "Public Domain" licence and with "Anyone Edit" premissions.
You'll be credited in the hold compilation of course and may also get a few rank points from the recycling team.

Do you want to be part of the recycling team?

Post here and you'll be in! As soon as there are enough holds dumped, I will create a private Beta board and invite you.

Deadline for submitting holds

You can submit your abandoned holds for the first "Junkyard's Selection until 31th May 2007. If we don't have 5 or more holds then, we'll expand the deadline.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 05-07-2007 01:38 PM]
04-01-2007 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
icon Re: The Hold Junkyard (0)  
Sweet! I'd love to be on the team. I also have some holds I can post here, give me a little bit. (Playing Smitemastery 101's secrets)
04-01-2007 at 04:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid

File: Arctic Plight.hold (10.4 KB)
Downloaded 89 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The Hold Junkyard (+1)  
Here's my first hold, called Arctic Plight. It has some pretty good puzzles in it, but it never made it to Architecture.

Edit: I'll have to go dig up some old holds from my KDD files. (This one is from my JtRH file.

[Last edited by tokyokid at 04-01-2007 05:03 PM]
04-01-2007 at 04:59 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I might revive Sudoken's Dungeon, actually, so no need to touch it.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-01-2007 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
The trouble is that many abandoned holds are by abandoned architects.

04-01-2007 at 07:31 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300

File: Proximity mines.hold (11.3 KB)
Downloaded 73 times.
I made this hold and abandoned it.
04-02-2007 at 10:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else

File: Return of the proximity mines(2).hold (7.3 KB)
Downloaded 71 times.
And it's sequel, even though I never published the first one.
04-02-2007 at 10:18 AM
vittro
Rank Points: 479

File: Potions potions.hold (6.1 KB)
Downloaded 67 times.
Here's mine.

04-04-2007 at 01:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nosdrah Circtrebla
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30

File: Alberts Lets have some fun.hold (22.7 KB)
Downloaded 66 times.
icon The Hold Junkyard (+2)  
Here's mine.

04-07-2007 at 05:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468

File: FORGOTTEN_MEMORIES_V14.HOLD (22.6 KB)
Downloaded 63 times.
Part of KDD, so you might have some trouble using it. But nevertheless, here. :)

Keep posting,

04-16-2007 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468

File: The Decoy Cave.hold (1.7 KB)
Downloaded 67 times.
Decoy Cave. A unique idea, but it never made it to Architecture. I still might use this idea in one of my upcoming holds. But still, recycling is good for the world. :P

Keep posting,

04-16-2007 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro

File: King SuperVs Dungeon.hold (314.7 KB)
Downloaded 63 times.
Big, biiiig hold. 19 levels completed. All abandoned for new TCB hold : Dugandy Castle.

04-17-2007 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro

File: SuperVs Beginner Tutorial.hold (10.6 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
And this FULLY scripted tutorial on JTRH elements.

04-17-2007 at 07:34 PM
tokyokid
You know, I think the Super V's Dungon is a bit to big for this compilation. But your tutorial should work out fine.
04-17-2007 at 08:53 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548

File: Dungeon2.hold (10.5 KB)
Downloaded 60 times.
I guess I can contribute with Dungeon2. It's already on the Architecture board but I'll upload it here again. Feel free to do whatever you want with it.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-24-2007 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438

File: Hold In Progress.hold (29.3 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
Here's my hold that's been sitting in a partially-completed state for ages... I can't remember what I was planning on doing with it, unfortunately, though I think I may have put it on hold because I had a character I wanted to have run around backwards... may as well put it up here so that we can make use of the rooms/floors I created, at least.

Also, I want in on the team.

[Last edited by Hikari at 05-04-2007 08:37 AM]
05-03-2007 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Someone Else
I would like to be part of the team, as soon as I get a CaravelNet Membership.
05-04-2007 at 01:18 AM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Would it bother anyone if I took care of SuperV's tutorial?

And I would also like to be part of the recyling team... if possible, that part of the team that does the finishing touches.

[Last edited by Dex Stewart at 05-04-2007 10:17 AM]
05-04-2007 at 10:16 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Yes, you're welcome as a recycler..... you can use any file here that is Public Domain.
05-04-2007 at 12:47 PM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
OK, thanks.

Is there any deadline for when the hold should be finished?
05-04-2007 at 12:51 PM
tokyokid
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
You can submit your abandoned holds for the first "Junkyard's Selection until 31th May 2007. If we don't have 5 or more holds then, we'll expand the deadline.
*cough*!

I believe the deadline is over, if you still wish to continue the project. :)
06-07-2007 at 09:21 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Oh, thanks a lot for the reminder. I don't have much time right now, but I think I'll start with it during the next 3 weeks.
06-08-2007 at 07:44 AM
MeckMeck GRE
icon JYS - The second call for holds ! (0)  
Welcome back to the Hold-Junkyard!

After the solid sucess of the last project "JYS - First Contact" it's now time again to gather the scraps for the next JYS.

Do you have an abandoned hold?

Post it here and we will use your work together with the work of other authors! Just post it here with a "Public Domain" licence and with "Anyone Edit" premissions.
You'll be credited in the hold compilation of course and may also get a few rank points.

Deadline for submitting holds

You can submit your abandoned holds for the second "Junkyard's Selection until 20th December 2007. If we don't have 5 or more holds then, we'll expand the deadline.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 10-19-2007 01:18 PM]
10-19-2007 at 01:17 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Hold Junkyard (Contribute to the Junkyard's Selections!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com