Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : New Levels for SubTerra 1 and 2 (Homebrew levels for all to play)
Page 2 of 17
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pampaluna
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Re: New Levels (0)  
Tested? There won't be any effort to solve them then. ?
Pampaluna
06-15-2005 at 11:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
I don't accept any levels for the contest that do not have a valid hard mode demo, for the simple reason that I cannot assume the puzzle is actually possible without tangible proof. So yes, that means other people in the forum can cheat and see your demo, if they want. But then they shall be cursed with horrid nightmares about skelwings and munchkins henceforth.

(seriously though, if you want to keep something a secret, put it on the web somewhere and drop me a private message on where to download it)

06-16-2005 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkmatt
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
Too bad we can't PM you the level. :P Or any other secret thing we can do.

But hey, I can do that.

[Last edited by Darkmatt at 06-27-2005 07:49 AM]
06-16-2005 at 07:24 PM
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226

File: Missing Cloner.SUB (1.7 KB)
Downloaded 184 times.
License: Other
icon Re: New Levels (+1)  
Here's my first SubTerra level.
Featuring easy and hard ways to solve it

Try to enjoy it.

-- Henri
06-18-2005 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132

File: Mover Survival.SUB (1.3 KB)
Downloaded 166 times.
icon Re: New Levels (+1)  
Here's my first attempt. Hope you enjoy it.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-22-2005 at 03:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Karthex
Rank Points: 10

File: Order.SUB (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 173 times.
This is my first attempt at making a level. :) took a few hours to make because subterra kept crashing :(

06-27-2005 at 01:07 AM
NoahT

File: Complicated.SUB (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 161 times.
Here's my second attempt. Enjoy.

-Noah

My stuff:

[Last edited by NoahT at 06-29-2005 04:22 AM : Update]
06-27-2005 at 07:49 AM
NoahT
Hope its alright that I didn't post the complete version of that last level first. And Radiant, about the Ornaments page, it seems people might get frustrated if they're trying to find how access the ornaments, decide to look in help, and find there's nothing about it. If one can find out from a secret level, I don't think that that person should have to make it all the way to that level just to find out how to use an editor function. I therefore think that it would be a good idea for the help to mention it. Either that, or it should be accessable by scrolling the pages normally.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-29-2005 at 07:42 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Just like in S2.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-29-2005 at 01:03 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Dirty Plans.SUB (1.3 KB)
Downloaded 169 times.
My second level

It's more theme-based than the first one.
Note that the actual puzzle is the hard mode solution. Easy mode isn't nearly as cool ;)
07-01-2005 at 11:57 AM
Darkmatt
Umm, S2 does it because it's in beta and there's no real point.

But there isn't one in S1. Radiant's just being mean.

Though if you ask him politely, he'll tell you. ;)
07-01-2005 at 08:32 PM
Radiant
Hey, lots of games have secret codes :)
There's nothing on the secret editor page that you'd actually need for puzzle design, though.

07-03-2005 at 09:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkmatt
But we can't make our levels pretty. :<
07-04-2005 at 01:14 AM
acrobat
Rank Points: 47
Radiant wrote:
Hey, lots of games have secret codes :)
There's nothing on the secret editor page that you'd actually need for puzzle design, though.
Unless you wanted to put more than four hints into your level.

07-06-2005 at 12:34 AM
Radiant
Okay, okay, okay.

07-08-2005 at 08:30 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247

File: Separate Ways.SUB (2.1 KB)
Downloaded 162 times.
Well, seems as though we need some ACTION around here! :)
So here is another level, called 'Separate Ways'. Hope it works.
09-04-2005 at 11:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pampaluna
Radiant, this is Gemma. I can't reach you. Did you get my last two emails? Can you please write back?
Groetels, Gemma :~(
10-06-2005 at 08:59 PM
The Stew Boy
There is such a thing as a 'delete' button you know. And a few of your levels don't have valid solutions, eg Trips and Traps doesn't seem to be possible.
10-28-2005 at 08:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Pampaluna wrote:
..now the fourth and last one...
Ciao everyone!

Thanks, I'm having fun playing those!

10-28-2005 at 10:43 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Pampaluna wrote:
Another thing: why do you mention a "delete button"? Where is it and what should I use it for?
I think he meant that you could have deleted your posts where a file wasn't attached to reduce some of the clutter on the board. It's not that important and Radiant could always take care of it if it was important to him...usually us mods delete duplicate posts that happen sometimes. (By the way, if you were having trouble with attachments, when you preview a post it loses the attachment--there is a warning for this.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-28-2005 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
Pampaluna wrote:

I know that "trips and Traps" is weird, and it's "illegal" because it uses tricks, but it works (there's the Replay to prove it) and it's fun, so I thought I would share it even if it may not be eligible for the contest.
Trips and Traps does not have a valid demo. The level that I downloaded there had a toll and a skull at the beginning, meaning it was not possible to get more than 3 spaces upwards.
And neither Orbs Deli or Orange Bazooka have valid demos. In Orange Bazooka its probably because of this wierd bug that when you drop the rock on the egg, the laser destroys the new gem, and therefore you don't have enough gems to reach the exit.
10-29-2005 at 12:34 AM
Pampaluna
Thanks to Oneiromancer for explaining me the use of the delete button. Sorry if I crowded up the Forum.
Have a nice day, Pampaluna

10-29-2005 at 08:27 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Pampaluna wrote:
It would make your posts far easier to read if you used the quote tags:

Use [quote] to start a quote and then [/quote] to end it.

Trips and Traps does not have a valid demo. The level that I downloaded there had a toll and a skull at the beginning, meaning it was not possible to get more than 3 spaces upwards.

Trips and Traps has a toll and an ORB at the beginning, which means that if you go straight up you push the orb upwards, of course losing one point (you'll make up for that later, catching other gems). Did you watch the Reply?
I don't play much SubTerra, but I have to agree with The Stew Boy on this one - When I downloaded your level and watched the demo of it, all I could see was you moving up and down into the toll gate and bouncing off it (gaining gems in the process), which was a bit odd, and you then exploded at the end.

I then tried it out myself, and managed to amass a large number of gems too, but I couldn't get past the toll square either.

Are you sure your demo works, or have we got different versions of SubTerra?

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 10-29-2005 11:16 PM]
10-29-2005 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
agaricus5 wrote:
I don't play much SubTerra, but I have to agree with The Stew Boy on this one - When I downloaded your level and watched the demo of it, all I could see was you moving up and down into the toll gate and bouncing off it (gaining gems in the process), which was a bit odd, and you then exploded at the end.
I meant orb, yes. And you don't gain gems, the gem limit increases, ie you need more gems to reach exit (in other words you lose gems).
And those other two levels I mentioned before don't have valid demos. When I played either one, and speeded up the replay, you didn't get to the exit (I guess Orange Bazooka is possible but you do need a complete demo). And the laser shouldn't destroy the gem anyway, the gem should merely deflect it.
10-30-2005 at 01:32 AM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
The Stew Boy wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:
I meant orb, yes. And you don't gain gems, the gem limit increases, ie you need more gems to reach exit (in other words you lose gems).
Aah. Yes. For some strange reason, I keep thinking it's the number of gems you have, not the gem requirement.

10-30-2005 at 02:01 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I guess, since Gemma was at the Spiderweb Boards too.

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

10-30-2005 at 11:27 AM
Pampaluna
Ahhh! An old version: this throws new light over the whole thing. I have Version 3.4 of July 2002. Does this explain things? Could this be the reason why my Replay (or demo, as I understand it's called) works on my computer but doesn't work on other people's?
Not for one minute did I suspect my functioning Replay would not work on other computers. So, I'm sorry if I sounded stubborn and embittered.
Now: does anyone know what I should do to have an accepted demo? Download something? What and where? Does it cancel your progress and you have to play all the levels all over again?
Grateful for any help, have a nice day
Pampaluna
10-30-2005 at 08:04 PM
Radiant
You can get the latest version at crystalshard.net, and this should not cancel your progress.

01-08-2006 at 12:51 AM
Pampaluna

File: Trips and Traps.SUB (2.6 KB)
Downloaded 136 times.
License: Public Domain
Hello everybody!
I finally succeeded in obtaining valid demos for my levels, by downloading Subterra again from crystalshard.net. So I decided it would be a nice idea to delete the old messages, that carried unvalid demos, and substitute them with this message, which I hope will accompany my 4 levels (if I succeed in attaching all of them together).
“Orbs Deli”, “Orange Bazooka” and “Green Orang-Utang” are regular levels. I have already sent them to Radiant hoping they will be inserted in the Contest.
“Trips and Traps” is NOT meant to run for the contest. It has some features which, as far as I understand, are not accepted, i.e. two balls one on top of the other and letting orbs slide over explosions. But it’s a really nice level AND it was made by my son Lorenzo. So I’m adding it to the other three I’ve just mentioned, just to share with you all the fun of playing it.
Ok, thanks for your attention. I hope you’ll have fun!!!!
Caterina

01-21-2006 at 08:15 PM
Pampaluna

File: Orbs Deli.SUB (1.5 KB)
Downloaded 125 times.
License: Public Domain
Well, it looks like I'll have to send them one by one. Sorry!
Caterina
01-21-2006 at 08:17 PM
Page 2 of 17
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : New Levels for SubTerra 1 and 2 (Homebrew levels for all to play)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com