Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Puffs don't kill seep.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Puffs don't kill seep. (+2)  
This has come up incidentally before, and the impression I got was there were no strong feelings about it either way. So I'm just bringing it up on its own so we can settle it directly.

Some previous threads where it's come up:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=38370
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=40958

If you push a puff into a seep, the seep doesn't die.

Proposed change: puffs still don't target seep, but if a puff is pushed into a seep, the seep dies. (As does the puff, but that already happens.)

I had a look at the potential impact some time ago and concluded it would be minor - mostly rooms where it wasn't possible to get the puffs to the seep in the first place, or it was only possible at a point where killing the seep was trivial anyways. I could go into more detail on this, since that was some time ago; I don't think any new rooms came out since then which would be impacted.

Personally I don't have strong feelings on this, but I think puffs killing seep has more puzzle potential so I have a slight preference for making the change.

That said, one interesting thing that can be done under current rules: if you push a seep out of a wall, and something else pushes it into another wall before the seep's turn, the seep survives. It is possible to push the seep into a puff during this time, killing the puff and creating ice if applicable, in which case the seep still survives.

Anyways, just bringing this up for discussion.
11-21-2021 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Puffs don't kill seep.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com