Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Wubba and Citizen-Based NPCs not Killed by Hottiles or Fire Traps
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 595
IP: Logged
icon Wubba and Citizen-Based NPCs not Killed by Hottiles or Fire Traps (+1)  
I was playing around in the editor using a Wubba based NPC and found that it is completely invincible - it is not killed by fire traps or hot tiles, despite the fact that this should be the case. This is also true of citizen based NPCs and since normal citizens are killed by fire traps and hot tiles, this also shouldn't happen, so this definitely seems to be a bug (thanks Nuntar!).

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

04-30-2017 at 03:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Wubba and Citizen-Based NPCs not Killed by Hottiles or Fire Traps (0)  
Really, I think the problem is that NPCs in general are only allowed to set two vulnerability states via command: "Vulnerable" and "invulnerable". There should probably be a separate state for "wubba-like vulnerability" or something, where sword-type attacks don't kill it but explosions/firetraps/hot tiles do.

Here are some links to Things!

04-30-2017 at 03:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Apparently, it's an issue with the coding, so definitely a bug.

hyperme: from CCharacter::SetCurrentGame() - "case M_WUBBA: SetImperative(ScriptFlag::Invulnerable);"

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:

[Last edited by navithmastero at 04-30-2017 05:05 PM]
04-30-2017 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Bumping to hear community opinion.

10-14-2020 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
icon Re: Wubba and Citizen-Based NPCs not Killed by Hottiles or Fire Traps (+3)  
I'm of the opinion that unless otherwise specified (like, for example, imperative invulnerable), a character should die in situations where its 'real' counterpart ordinarily would. For example, a character roach should die on hot tiles in a situation where a regular roach would die. Similarly, character wraithwings shouldn't die on hot-tiles because a regular WW wouldn't die on a hot tile. This, to me, seems like the most intuitive behaviour.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:

[Last edited by navithmastero at 10-14-2020 03:46 PM]
10-14-2020 at 03:46 PM
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Wubba and Citizen-Based NPCs not Killed by Hottiles or Fire Traps (+2)  
I agree with that. The point of a monster player role is to get the advantages and disadvantages of that monster. Having monster player roles that don't line up with their monster counterparts would actively harm the appeal of using the roles in the first place to me.

10-14-2020 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
This is about NPCs, not player roles. I don't believe there's an inherent connection in the properties of the two things.

But I do think the general point applies.
10-14-2020 at 05:20 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
There was no trivial way to code it for 5.1.1, but since Hyperme was kind enough to implement Behaviors for 5.2, I've used that code and this will be fixed for that release.

PR

10-14-2020 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Wubba and Citizen-Based NPCs not Killed by Hottiles or Fire Traps
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com