Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
<<3456
Page 7 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (0)  
I need help! I've driven myself mad trying to answer the girl's riddle and I could only think of
Click here to view the secret text
I tried putting it in a million different words but it doesn't seem to be it!

I need a hint. And I know you can get her to go away in other ways but I don't want to do that. For the sake of the story.

04-30-2011 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
Which riddle? There are more than one that you could have been asked.
04-30-2011 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rat Man
Really? I loaded my game three times and she always said (slightly paraphrased, I think)

05-01-2011 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
An interesting answer, but not quite as fitting as you might think, if you consider it carefully. This is an old riddle, and not one particularly associated with fairies. Consider what things you could break just by speaking a word or phrase (and remember that "broken" may be figurative). And yes, there are other riddles.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 05-01-2011 12:07 AM]
05-01-2011 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Thanks! (By the way, I actually had not thought of using "broken" non-figuratively.)

05-01-2011 at 12:32 AM
Rat Man
Now, I have a couple questions about the

05-02-2011 at 01:11 AM
Danjen02
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
It's the dev's way of getting you unstuck in certain circumstances (one for each). One of them however, is needed for the best ending, although the well certainly isn't required for every playthrough, but it does help.

05-02-2011 at 01:43 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Cogliostro wrote:
As for the why.... I get it. I understand it. But I reported the error to AGS forum (the game engine for Tale of Two Kingdoms) and they shot it down as a scripting error. :?
My first question would be, what version of the game are you playing? This should be found on the title screen. My second would be to send me a saved game. The odd thing is that nobody has encountered this bug so far, as far as I know.

Danjen02 wrote:
It's the dev's way of getting you unstuck in certain circumstances (one for each). One of them however, is needed for the best ending, although the well certainly isn't required for every playthrough, but it does help.
They have no effect on the ending, but one of them is required for a perfect score. More importantly, the early game plays rather differently depending on which you pick. This led to some fun circumstances in the hint forums when the game was first released.

05-02-2011 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rat Man
Sorry to bother you again but I restarted the game and

05-02-2011 at 08:24 PM
Radiant
You're welcome to ask for hints any time you like, that's one of the purposes of this forum.

You don't need the rope per se, but if you want it then

The good luck charm is

05-03-2011 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rat Man
Thanks, Rad! It has also come to my attention recently that there is, indeed a sorcerer's tower that can be entered in chapter 4. I don't know where it is, but I'm about to try the climbable-looking part of the mountain to the north. Wish me luck!

05-03-2011 at 07:11 PM
fluxmaster
Rank Points: 10
Well, I finally got around to downloading and playing this game, and it seems good so far.

I've just started it, but there are a few original features that I really like. The 3-D effect in the intro was well done; that's the first I've seen of that in an AGS game. The ability to ask an NPC to do something for you seems like a very useful innovation. I hope the game makes good use of this feature, which I'm sure it will. I'm not sure why the pipe icon is there, but the other icons make sense. And having a notepad in inventory for taking notes may prove to be useful.

07-23-2011 at 03:34 AM
wonkyth
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
fluxmaster wrote:
And having a notepad in inventory for taking notes may prove to be useful.
Indeed it will! ;)

But Nonsense Transforms it"
- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
07-24-2011 at 03:55 AM
fluxmaster
I'm trying to play that board game that is similar to Go, but I keep getting the message, "That is not a legal move." When I click on Help I am told that I must place my piece next to one of my opponents pieces. But when I try to place a piece on the edge of the board next to one of my opponents pieces, it tells me that I an not allowed to do so. Why is this?

07-24-2011 at 06:01 PM
wonkyth
Basically, you have to capture at least one enemy piece each turn.
I think, It's been a while since I've played ATOTK...

- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
07-25-2011 at 12:37 PM
Fizzii
Rank Points: 22
It's basically a game of Reversi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversi

So yes, you do place your piece next to one of your opponent's pieces. However, to capture pieces, you need to have another piece on the other end of the row of enemy pieces you want to capture. (Ie. you must have one existing piece present lined up with where you're placing your new piece).
07-25-2011 at 01:35 PM
Radiant
fluxmaster wrote:
Well, I finally got around to downloading and playing this game, and it seems good so far.
I'm glad you're enjoying it.

And yeah, as Fizzii said Dampiry is based on Othello, not Go.

If you're interested, I would appreciate it if you could look over ATOTK's walkthrough (presumably after you've figured the puzzles out yourself :) ) and see if you can make some improvement to that. I think the style is not very clear and it misses some parts.

07-26-2011 at 02:14 PM
fluxmaster
I've never played Reversi, but it appears to be a modern variant of the ancient game of Go.

When the Chancellor explains the rules of the game, he only says that I must place my piece next to one of his. He doesn't say that I have to surround one or more of his pieces. So apparently, this game is like checkers, where you must capture if you are able, and not like chess (or Go), where you may choose not to capture if it suits your plan.

07-27-2011 at 05:15 AM
eirekim
I don't know if anyone's playing any more....but I'm stuck at the goblin camp... every time I show them the mask, I get killed...there must be something I've missed, but I've gone over and over it - even started the game over, and it's still doing it. Please Help!
:weep
08-17-2011 at 05:50 AM
linnkin182
eirekim wrote:
I don't know if anyone's playing any more....but I'm stuck at the goblin camp... every time I show them the mask, I get killed...there must be something I've missed, but I've gone over and over it - even started the game over, and it's still doing it. Please Help!
:weep

Well what exactly happens when you show them the skull? Do you just die and that's it or do they kill you?

Does anyone have any idea at all maybe of where you would be able to find sheet music for this game? There are some wonderful piano parts in here

10-09-2011 at 09:03 PM
Radiant
icon Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms (+1)  
linnkin182 wrote:
Well what exactly happens when you show them the skull? Do you just die and that's it or do they kill you?
It has already been answered.

Does anyone have any idea at all maybe of where you would be able to find sheet music for this game? There are some wonderful piano parts in here
Considering the music was composed especially for this game, you're unlikely to find it anywhere else.

10-13-2011 at 12:04 PM
Radiant
Heh...

I was reading through some bug reports for ATOTK (to be honest there aren't all that many). One of them reads, "possible dead end: if you haven't gambled, AND wished for something else, AND left the sorc tower without getting the serpent, THEN you can't buy the flute but chapter 5 can start anyway!"

Turns out that IF you screw up royally like this, THEN you can still get the pot of gold and use it to buy the flute! If you've given the gold to Morholt, then you can sell the crystal!

I had made a complicated graph that points out what you have to do at what point in the game to avoid dead ends in the code, but I'd forgotten it was this elaborate. :thumbsup

10-20-2011 at 12:15 PM
wonkyth
Is there any possibility we could see the graph? :D

- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
10-22-2011 at 11:39 AM
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
Radiant wrote:
Heh...

I was reading through some bug reports for ATOTK (to be honest there aren't all that many). One of them reads, "possible dead end: if you haven't gambled, AND wished for something else, AND left the sorc tower without getting the serpent, THEN you can't buy the flute but chapter 5 can start anyway!"

Turns out that IF you screw up royally like this, THEN you can still get the pot of gold and use it to buy the flute! If you've given the gold to Morholt, then you can sell the crystal!

I had made a complicated graph that points out what you have to do at what point in the game to avoid dead ends in the code, but I'd forgotten it was this elaborate. :thumbsup
Damn, that's pretty impressive. I could never logic something out like that in terms of plot or what have you. I know it's all math and stuff, but still

10-31-2011 at 04:09 AM
Radiant
The game has now been translated into Hungarian, and v1.3 is available for download. There aren't many changes, but I took the opportunity to fix some bugs including the only "walking dead" situation reported (if you left the bottle in Midir's shop when he closes it down). Also, I've added a little bonus at the end if you have a near-perfect Honor and Wisdom score.

http://crystalshard.net/atotk.php?page=down

Since the game now supports translation, I would also be willing to consider a translation to e.g. German, French, or Spanish if somebody is interested in doing that. If you are, send me a PM with some of your prior work.

01-21-2012 at 03:48 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Are saves from 1.2 forward compatible?

01-21-2012 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Jatopian wrote:
Are saves from 1.2 forward compatible?

I'm afraid not; AGS does not support this if you modify the global script.

01-22-2012 at 01:13 PM
LepricahnsGold
Forgive me for bothering you with this but, what is the minimum RAM required for the game? The PDF manual that came with the game lists the VRAM but not the system RAM.

[Last edited by LepricahnsGold at 11-04-2017 05:31 PM]
09-05-2014 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Any contemporary computer should have plenty, don't worry about it.

09-05-2014 at 09:09 AM
LepricahnsGold
Well, I ask because I am an approver at MobyGames.com and someone submitted an entry to replace what they have on file. The site currently has 12mb as minimum requirement. The new entry would say 64mb so I thought I would go straight to the horses mouth for the correct answer.
09-05-2014 at 02:19 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
<<3456
Page 7 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A Tale of Two Kingdoms (An epic faerie tale adventure game, Deluxe Edition now released.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com