Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Halph Has a Bad Day (Winter 2005/6 Smitemasters Selection)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.9/10 (53 votes)
σ 1.40
Author Name:Eytan Zweig
Submitted By:eytanz
Hold Name:Halph Has a Bad Day
Theme:Winter 2005/6 Smitemasters Selection
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:45
Number of Monsters:704
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:10 (+10 / -0)
Poster Message
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
IP: Logged
icon Re: Halph Has a Bad Day (+2)  
NeonElephant wrote:
Click here to view the secret text

05-08-2006 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
icon Re: Halph Has a Bad Day (0)  
Mikko wrote:
Hint for finding the secret room on level 3:

OK, I've restored into each room in this level, and tested the walls of all rooms that were monster-less when I saved them . . . and I see no crumbly walls or weird exits. So either I'm more blind than usual, or it's hidden in some odd fashion . . . what am I missing?

Thanks -
05-25-2006 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Look here:

06-05-2006 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
Non-traditional indeed. Thanks for the pointer.
06-05-2006 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392

File: HHaBD The Chase 2E Dodgy Scripting.demo (1.3 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not, but I have found a bit of dodgy scripting in The Chase, 2E. Basically, you can kill the rock golem, then kill the goblin gate keeper, then when you try to leave the room, three goblins just pop out of nowhere. Demo included.

07-03-2006 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Yeah, someone else already reported this bug to me (via email), and I decided it's not worth updating the hold (which is complicated since I don't have editing rights to the version with the speech) to fix it.

Really sorry about this.

07-03-2006 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bflatjeff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
I just finished this hold (hooray, me!), and so I felt I could read these posts. And people are talking about voices! I didn't get to play with voices! Come to think of it, none of the Smitemaster holds I've downloaded, or the King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0, had voices. And they're supposed to, right?

Anyone help me with what I'm missing here? Something about how I downloaded or installed them? All the voices for Rooted Hold are present.

Jeff

07-19-2006 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Halph Has a Bad Day (+1)  
There was a bug with one of the patches that was fixed in patch 2.14.1. So once you make sure you are updated to the latest patch, redownload any Smitemaster's Selection holds that don't have voices (since they all will) and I think that will make them work again. (Since we can't yet delete SS holds in the game, you might have to download the hold directly from the forum in your profile, and import it manually.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-19-2006 at 12:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Oneiromancer wrote:
There was a bug with one of the patches that was fixed in patch 2.14.1. So once you make sure you are updated to the latest patch, redownload any Smitemaster's Selection holds that don't have voices (since they all will) and I think that will make them work again. (Since we can't yet delete SS holds in the game, you might have to download the hold directly from the forum in your profile, and import it manually.)

Game on,

However, you will be able to delete them next release (2.0.15 patch).

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-19-2006 11:04 PM]
07-19-2006 at 04:39 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Even thought I'm at least 2 months behind everyone else on this hold, I'll I think I will still post my opinons.

I thought that the first level was interesting, I did enjoy the rooms with the guards, the other rooms where not as great, but still fun. The second level looked way harder than it was, and for that I am very grateful, most of the rooms in that level I enjoyed, but there where a few that annoyed me. The third level was the first time I have ever had to deal with more than 4 goblin's at once, and so it was an interesting experience. The rooms where barely different enough to remain intersting, and from memory at least 1 room was just downright annoying, and that was 1S 4E. God damn halph popping out of nowhere! That has to be one of the most annoying rooms I have finished.(I have, however, see worse rooms)

The secrets, however, were hilarious. Definatly the funniest hold I have played, and for that, GJ.

09-25-2006 at 06:47 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I think something weird is going on with my DROD. Can anybody tell me if they see high scores for this hold? I am connected to CaravelNet, but I'm not seeing scores. Nor am I seeing uploadabilities.

Nor can I do a full score upload. Which is weird in and of itself.

11-04-2006 at 09:34 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I don't see anything wrong...

Sounds like it's on your side. I'm not sure what it might be if you have a valid key.
11-04-2006 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Well, the key was apparently invalid. I don't know why. The checkmark was green, and everything's working now. Except uploading my scores doesn't seem to work quite right...and exporting my scores seems to invalidate my key.

11-04-2006 at 10:30 PM
g_zitelli
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I'm logged on to the CaravelNet system in DROD, and I'm browsing the levels, but for some reason I can't find this hold. It's just not listed. Any help?
11-08-2006 at 11:28 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I can see it listed under your unexplored holds so you should have access (I believe). When did you join Caravel?
11-08-2006 at 11:31 PM
g_zitelli
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Only about a month ago, if that. I've been playing JtRH on my friend's computer because it runs better, but I've only used CaravelNet on my own. It wasn't working for a while, so today I finally sat down and messed with it until it did. I'm interested in getting the Smitemaster Selection holds and playing through them. I still can't see it, and I don't have any firewalls or anything set up.
11-08-2006 at 11:38 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Well, in order to get Smitemasters Selections, each CaravelNet subscription makes you eligible for 4 - the one most recently released when you bought it, and the next 3. You'll have to buy the rest. If you have Beethro's Teacher, though, you should be credited for an extra one (there will only be 3 this year, so everyone is getting a free credit) that you can use on this and BatSS, Perfection, or KDD 2.0 and The Choice.
11-09-2006 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
There might be a timing issue as since a certain date, new caravel members can only get SS for free if the hold in question came out after the original signup. I'm not too sure about dates and the details but someone who knows will no doubt reply. Worst case, you may have to buy it seperately which costs next to nothing anyway.
11-09-2006 at 12:15 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
You only get the SS holds that were released while you had CaravelNet membership (and maybe the one before, I'm not sure) So you might have access to Beethro's Teacher, and you will get the next 4(?) sets of Smitemaster Selections.

If you want this hold, you can purchase it here. It also comes with Beethro and the Secret Society, IIRC.

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 11-09-2006 12:21 AM]
11-09-2006 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
BUMP

I just downloaded this thread, and I noticed an error in the dpeech in the first room. After Beethro says 'Yeah, the entrance is a tad screwy,' he is meant to say something like 'But that doesn't mean someone's out to get us'. Instead, he says 'But that doesn't mean you're no good.'

04-04-2007 at 05:52 PM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Not finished this one yet... will add full comments then.

But may I just express my appreciation for Deeper Underground 2 East? Wonderfully inspired horde management room. Really made you think, but without being boring or tedious.

05-25-2008 at 05:58 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Halph Has a Bad Day (Winter 2005/6 Smitemasters Selection)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com