Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Truthbringer Info Exchange (A place for bartering information) This topic has been locked
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
IP: Logged
icon Truthbringer Info Exchange (+1)  
O.K. here's the deal: If you want my five clues, just PM me and I'll send them to you. While I would greatly appreciate you returning the favor and PMing me your five clues, I won't require it. Send me all, some, or none at your discretion. All I ask us that you not send me false clues.

I'm starting a new thread because the general discussion thread is crowded enough that it will be easy for people to overlook individual posts. Having a thread specifically for public offers or requests to exchange information seems like a good idea to me. If the moderators disagree, they can feel free to merge or delete this thread; I can always repost in the general thread if neccesary. However, I'd really appreciate if this thread was stickied for the contest's duration.
11-08-2005 at 02:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Truthbringer Info Exchange (0)  
I will forward at least some (three) of my clues to any interested party who contacts me in private. An outline of what you know about would be appreciated.
11-08-2005 at 03:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
vylycyn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 486
Anyone can see my clues after this timer runs out, but if you want to see them before then, send me a private message/email and I will send them to you.

Here are the clues:

The Patron is in same cave as 73rd Archivist.

70th Archivist and Fetching Facility are in caves on opposite sides of the Bronze Barrier.

Caves containing First Secretary and 71st Archivist are on opposite sides of Tunnel E.

Storage Index Archives are farther south than Tunnel H.

Fifth Secretary works in same building where 75th Archivist works.

11-08-2005 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
holy cow! I've already seen at least three people lie to me (they sent duplicate clues). I know who you are, and you know who you are too. If you would like to send your actual clues to me I would appriciate it. Otherwise I'm going to post your names here. Yes I know...a threat. I was honest with you though!

:angry

I love this contest. :thumbsup
11-08-2005 at 06:06 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
MeckMeck GREs Info Shop.
=======================

Article                     Cost
======================================
a) 2 clues                    1 Clue
b) 3 clues                    2 Clues
c) 4 clues + 1 faked          2 Clues
d) 5 clues                    4 Clues
e) 5 clues + 2 faked          3 Clues
f) Supprise Box               2 Clues
h) 15 clues (this rocks !)    12 clues
i) 15 clues + 3 faked         10 clues

Just send me a PM with the deal you want to do and the payment. The supprise box contains something random.

I will roll 2 dices. The first indicates the number of clues. (In case of a 6 youll get 5 clues and the second dice wont count). If the second dice rolls a 1,2,3,4 nothing will happen. 5 will add 1 fake clue ; 6 will add 2 fakes. Ill be honest on this.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 11-09-2005 12:52 PM]
11-08-2005 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
PM me, I'll send you ten of my clues. Send me five I didn't send you. I'm not going to check for false clues, but I will consistently send the newest clues I receive. This means that if you send me false clues, everybody is going to get the false clues rather quickly, at which point you're going to be rooted out as a dirty stinking liar.
11-08-2005 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I'll give information on one thing of your choice to the first person who contacts me with information about something that I need from the list below. (If I have any, that is. With so high amount of clues as I have, that's quite likely, though. And if I don't have any, you can choose again.)

Guesthouse
Office of Renaming
Oremite Barrier
Handler

EDIT: Added more place/person options.

[Last edited by Doom at 11-08-2005 08:08 PM]
11-08-2005 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
The Hold Box contains 1-5 clues. Youll get them depending on your hold quality. You can mail it to daniel.blochinger@vr-web.de. The hold must not be larger than 10 rooms ! Anyone Edit.
MeckMeck, this is an interesting idea but illegal for the contest. You aren't allowed to trade clues for anything outside of the contest itself. So you can trade for information or behavior related to the contest, but not other things like holds, rank points, lollipops, etc.

And not to sound harsh, but I need to make sure this rule is adhered to for the contest to be fair. So after today, if I hear of anyone trading for out-of-game incentives, the offerer will be disqualified and anyone who accepts the offer. Ignorance of The Law will not be an acceptable defense. :)

-Erik

11-08-2005 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
robin
Rank Points: 842
I'll will negociate.
for each clue you send me you get one back.
fair and square.
I'm most interested in your 5 originally ones.
But others are also welcome, so I can check how trusty they are.
I also want to make alliances, meaning everything I've got will be shared.
:thumbsup

11-08-2005 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Truthbringer Info Exchange (+3)  
I've won two contests before, so I think my loyalties will lie with the newbies.

If you haven't participated in any contests before, PM me and I will give you my clues. No joke. I certainly don't think I'm in the need for any more DROD merchandise, so I'm honest-to-god going to help you out. I encourage other regular contest participants to board this train with me.

So newbies, let me know if you want in on this once-in-a-lifetime deal and I'll add you to my list. Regulars, if you want to support this noble cause, let me know and perhaps I can be the middleman for all of this data transfer, if need be.

Viva la revolution!

11-08-2005 at 07:41 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
My clues contain:

Second Secretary

75th Archivist works

Sixth Secretary

Negotiator

Manipulator

Tunnel E.

The Complaint Department

Tunnel F.

Storage Index Archives

Tunnel H.

77th Archivist

Confectionary

Tunnel G.

Ninth Secretary

Tunnel B.

Tunnel A

71st Archivist

Office of Inequities

Seventh Secretary.

Tunnel G

74th Archivist

I only have 10 clues right now, but they include info on all of these. If you would like one of the places (that means you may get bonus info because several places can be mentioned in one clue) and would like to exchange to me something I do not know about, please PM me.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-08-2005 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I don't need more rank point.

And while an item from the prize pile will be cool, I don't really need one either.

But I do want to solve this puzzle.

So I will make the following deal to anyone interested - send me all the information you have, telling me which pieces of information are 1st hand and which 2nd+ hand. In return, I promise you that when I solve the puzzle, I'll send you all the true information I have (and I'll be in a position to tell true from false), and will wait 24 hours - or for your ok - before sending the solution to Erik. Of course, if several people agree to this deal, this will put them on equal footing with respect to information from me, but they'll be far ahead of the rest of the crowd.

I will also promise not to share any information I got via this deal with anyone else unless I have your express permission.

Note that I'm only asking for information you have now, but of course, if you agree to the deal, it's also in your best interest to keep me updated, since the sooner I solve the puzzle, the sooner you get the information from me.

11-08-2005 at 08:47 PM
Chalks
somehow, this strikes me as the sort of coniving we have been warned about.... :D
11-08-2005 at 09:06 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
I don't really have any clue how to organise my strategy here, but anyone who PMs me with a couple of clues will get a couple of clues in return, I'm not in the stage of lying about clues yet, but I may be in a week or so so hurry up :D
11-08-2005 at 09:15 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
There is already a contradiction in my collected "facts". Somebody is a stinking liar. I have a suspicion about who, but I need a little more info first. So the first person to PM me a FIRST-HAND fact about Seventh Secretary and 78th Archivist in order to confirm will get two free requests of me. That is, name a person or place and if I have info, I'll give the most reliable fact I can (first-hand if possible, or by number of times I've heard it if not). People who already told me a statement involving 7th and 78th are ineligible.

Edit: Never mind, this approach didn't really work, but I figured out what happened.

[Last edited by schep at 11-09-2005 05:59 PM]
11-08-2005 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
It strikes me that I made two somewhat contradictory remarks there, so here is a clarification -

- When I said that I won't send information that I got from this deal to other people, I meant I won't do so before solving the puzzle. Once I solve the puzzle, I'll send all true information I have to everyone who sent me data, no matter how I got it.

If you already sent me information and are unhappy about this, let me know. I'll delete the message from my PM inbox right away (you can verify this from your PM outbox). To give people time to do this, I'm not going to start organizing information from the messages I've already recieved for the next 30 minutes. Once those are over, I'll start collecting the data, and try to solve the puzzle. That will probably take a few hours, so there's plenty of time for anyone else to get on board. I'll make a public notification of when I solve the puzzle since that's when the deal ends.

11-08-2005 at 09:22 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
I just realized something. eytanz was the one who made the most suspicious statement in my set of three contradictory "facts". I don't know what this means, but you might want to wait on taking up his "deal".
11-08-2005 at 09:32 PM
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
Well, I already sent Eytan everything I know, which is 50-some statements (true or false yet to be confirmed) that I got from my little stunt. Of course, I kinda shanked those who gave me the info, so I figured I'm out of the running, so Eytan might as well take it, and I might get more true statements from him.
11-08-2005 at 09:36 PM
RoboBob3000
Regarding the enumeration of the secretaries:

Does anybody have any clues where it is written "7th secretary" instead of "Seventh secretary" for example? If not, I think we have an inexperienced counterfeiter on our hands.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 11-09-2005 12:34 AM]
11-08-2005 at 09:37 PM
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
I'm 95% sure that everything Robobob sent to me privately is false. Also 95% sure that everything Maruog sent me is true, thanks buddy!
11-08-2005 at 09:44 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Regarding the enumeration of the secretaries:

Does anybody have any clues where it is written "7th secretary" instead of "Seventh secretary" for example? If not, I think we have an inexperienced counterfeiter on our hands.

I've seen a couple of second hand clues like that too. On the other hand, one of them is backed up by two other people who wrote the number in words as it should be, so I'm not sure whats going on.
11-08-2005 at 09:51 PM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: Truthbringer Info Exchange (+1)  
I'm 95% sure that I'm going to try and smear Clayton and nobody is going to believe me.

Also, my clues:

1.Ninth secretary works in storage, as does the dispatcher, as does the tenth secretary.
2.RoboBob is not a liar.

11-08-2005 at 09:52 PM
robin
ClaytonW wrote:
I'm 95% sure that everything Robobob sent to me privately is false. Also 95% sure that everything Maruog sent me is true, thanks buddy!

I think you mean the exact opposite off what you write

So who is to believe now :devil

11-08-2005 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Heh heh heh. This is fun to watch. :)

-Erik

11-08-2005 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
First batch of 10-for-5 sent. If you didn't get yours, PM me. I'm not deleting any PMs until this is over, and I'm keeping track of who sent me what.

I currently have 30 clues. This is going to be very interesting if I ever break the maximum number of clues.

Once again, I will send you 10 of my clues for 5 of your own. Lie if you want to--but I, and everyone else will know soon enough.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 11-08-2005 10:04 PM]
11-08-2005 at 10:03 PM
RuAdam
Rank Points: 157
RoboBob3000 wrote:

2.RoboBob is not a liar.

I got the same clues Robobob3000 sent me from other people also, so unleass a lot of people lies exactly the same thing, than RoboBob3000 is not a liar.
11-08-2005 at 10:06 PM
RoboBob3000
RuAdam wrote:
RoboBob3000 wrote:

2.RoboBob is not a liar.

I got the same clues Robobob3000 sent me from other people also, so unleass a lot of people lies exactly the same thing, than RoboBob3000 is not a liar.

And let's not even get into the fact that I never sent Clayton any PM at all.

11-08-2005 at 10:17 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I need desperately Guesthouse, Handler, Office of Renaming and maybe Dispatcher information.

I'm prepared to give at least triple amount of stuff in return for anything that's about those.

I need to go to bed soon, anyway... So I won't have any time to spend with this until after school tomorrow... that's about 17 hours! :?
11-08-2005 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
robin
I'm out for the night,
but PM's with offers are still welcome.
Remember everyone who send me his 5 original clues will get mine.

11-08-2005 at 10:46 PM
Chalks
btw, I am willing to vouch for robin...quite trustworthy imho.
11-08-2005 at 11:08 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Truthbringer Info Exchange (A place for bartering information) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com