Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon (The original 25 levels that started it all)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged

File: King Dugans Dungeon.hold (133.5 KB)
Downloaded 981 times.
License: Other
icon King Dugan's Dungeon (+1)  
This is the official release of King Dugan's Dungeon, as seen in DROD: Architect's Edition. If you have an AE player with progress in King Dugan's Dungeon, importing that player into JtRH after importing this hold should transfer your progress and saved games.

We are now working on an updated version of KDD for JtRH. It will be featured in the first edition of the Smitemaster's Selection. To avoid confusion and duplication, this original version will not be downloadable on CaravelNet, nor will it track high scores.

The updated version will feature new rooms, voice acting, and will take advantage of JtRH's new graphics.

05-31-2005 at 02:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon (0)  
Maybe this has something to do with it but now KDD isn't in Insert DROD Room Image.You can search for help on it though.

05-31-2005 at 02:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
KDD can be found in 'Insert DROD room image", it's just at the very top of the list now.

05-31-2005 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
Schik wrote:
To avoid confusion and duplication, this original version will not be downloadable on CaravelNet, nor will it track high scores.

pbth. why not "KDD 1.6" and "KDD 2.0" ? I don't believe anyone would be confused by "the same hold with 2 different names" == 2 different editions of the same hold. afterall, we all coped with "Palace of Puzzles" and "Palace of Puzzles - JtRH edition" just fine.

I see no reason not to make "KDD classic" downloadable via the in-game menu and upload scores

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-31-2005 at 03:42 AM]

05-31-2005 at 03:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 864
Will this hold be downloadable within the game? And will the SS KDD have a distinct title?
05-31-2005 at 03:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
silver wrote:
Schik wrote:
To avoid confusion and duplication, this original version will not be downloadable on CaravelNet, nor will it track high scores.
pbth. why not "KDD 1.6" and "KDD 2.0" ? I don't believe anyone would be confused by "the same hold with 2 different names" == 2 different editions of the same hold. afterall, we all coped with "Palace of Puzzles" and "Palace of Puzzles - JtRH edition" just fine.
That would help with the confusion part, but it does nothing for the duplication.
I see no reason not to make "KDD classic" downloadable via the in-game menu and upload scores
If we did this, then we'd have two holds with a huge number of duplicated rooms. At least the solutions would be duplicated, even if the rooms had different graphics, or if the 2.0 version had speech or something.

schep wrote:
Will this hold be downloadable within the game? And will the SS KDD have a distinct title?
No, it will not be downloadable in the game. Sorry, but until the 2.0 SS version of KDD is released, you'll have to download it here and import it manually.

05-31-2005 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
I realize this is a huge necro, but think this is the right place to ask this.

Are there any secret rooms in this version of KDD (I know about 2.0)
06-15-2007 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon (+1)  
It was impossible to mark something "secret" in AE. However there are some unrequired 'easter eggs' you can find in the editor, as with many other AE holds.

06-15-2007 at 11:21 PM
NeonElephant
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
Well, there were the warp rooms, which at least made use of secret walls for camouflage. They weren't exactly puzzle rooms, though.
06-16-2007 at 01:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon (+1)  
3 editor only rooms (although one of those is an unreachable room in level 13)

2 warp rooms

and some backtracking rooms on level 15
06-16-2007 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
I am having a terrible time and do not know where to go for help. I tried starting a new topic, but it tells me I am not logged in! I am! Perhaps that is the basis of my problem.

I reached the 22 level of Drod:AE During my play, I was never able to upload my scores. I assumed that was the nature of the game. I tried to view a demo file for room 1N. That is where my real problems began. I am now unable to find any of the rooms I have played and I am at level one again. I do not know where to go to import my played rooms. Since they were never uploaded by me, is there a possiblility I may have lost all my work? Can someone, please give me a clue where I might find it?

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling

[Last edited by junglejane at 02-06-2008 08:30 PM]
02-06-2008 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hartleyhair
Rank Points: 307
As far as I know, only admins can start a topic on Holds...

02-06-2008 at 08:32 PM
junglejane
hartleyhair wrote:
As far as I know, only admins can start a topic on Holds...

Oh, thanks. Can you give me a clue where I should go for an answer to my problem?

02-06-2008 at 08:35 PM
hartleyhair
Rank Points: 307
I'd say General. I think it'd be more on-topic there, though I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your problem...

[Last edited by hartleyhair at 02-06-2008 08:38 PM]
02-06-2008 at 08:37 PM
junglejane
hartleyhair wrote:
I'd say General. I think it'd be more on-topic there, though I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your problem...
Thanks for trying to help. I can't believe 22 levels just up and disappeared on me. I hate to think of starting from level one again and having to do that unthinkable maze on level 13 again. I was hoping to complete the game. :?

02-06-2008 at 09:12 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon (The original 25 levels that started it all)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com