Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : About the Prize Pile. (For discussion related to the Prize Pile.)
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
IP: Logged
icon Re: About the Prize Pile. (0)  
Znirk wrote:
1. Yes, I have 10 contests on the list, but only six of them are after the August 2006 8-timer-prize cutoff date. Although it's discussed in this thread, I can't reliably work out whether I need two more, or have two left over.
You only need one credit from before August 2006 to qualify for the old rules, so this pick can be anything from the pile. Your credits for DROD# and Bluff Me Again then count as the first two credits towards your next 8-timer prize, which would have to be from the 8-timer collection.
10-22-2008 at 10:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
icon Re: About the Prize Pile. (+1)  
Ironic, actually. I was introduced to DROD through the marvelous game of Lux, and Lux is coincidentally on the prize pile! :D

11-29-2008 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
So I'm guessing this is as sensible a place as any to request a prize? (The Prize Pile doesn't have any actual instructions on the right way to do that. Post in the Prize Pile? Post in the poll topic for the contest? Post in the...well, anyway.)

So I believe I mailed Mr. Imer, but in case that didn't go through, and believe me I'm pretty skeptical about my mail these days: I've got an eight-timer prize that I haven't claimed, and coincidentally my CaravelNet subscription just ran out, so to whoever it is that can make it happen, I'd love to use that prize for another year of C'Net. Thanks!
11-29-2009 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Tahnan wrote:
So I'm guessing this is as sensible a place as any to request a prize? (The Prize Pile doesn't have any actual instructions on the right way to do that. Post in the Prize Pile? Post in the poll topic for the contest? Post in the...well, anyway.)
Sure! I'll handle cash-ins here.
So I believe I mailed Mr. Imer, but in case that didn't go through, and believe me I'm pretty skeptical about my mail these days: I've got an eight-timer prize that I haven't claimed, and coincidentally my CaravelNet subscription just ran out, so to whoever it is that can make it happen, I'd love to use that prize for another year of C'Net. Thanks!
No, I didn't receive anything, so thanks for the resend. I've given you a new year subscription to CaravelNet. :)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-30-2009 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Whee! Thanks!
12-01-2009 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
I would like to claim "Something Rotten" as one of my 8-timer prizes. (I have one for contest participation and another for winning the participant portion of the Mini Contest Contest.) Do I contact Matt directly and/or PM Dex?
12-03-2009 at 04:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
noma wrote:
I would like to claim "Something Rotten" as one of my 8-timer prizes. (I have one for contest participation and another for winning the participant portion of the Mini Contest Contest.) Do I contact Matt directly and/or PM Dex?
Yes, please do both. Have Matt contact me and I'll reimburse him for shipping. If you don't hear from him in a reasonable time, please PM me and I'll take care of it.

12-04-2009 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Rank Points: 121
Do you get your 100 rank points the moment you add to the prize pile or after you ship your item? I normally wouldn't care so much but I want to do an unofficial contest and I want to say they'll get modded up 25 times if they win. But I don't want to disappoint anyone if it turns out that I can't.

[Last edited by Rat Man at 06-16-2017 06:59 AM]
03-23-2011 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Rank points aren't mod points, and get the points when your item is chosen. If we gave points just for adding items, people might start offering a bunch of crap or even fraudulently offering items just to increase their stupid rank total.

03-23-2011 at 10:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
I did not think that rank points were mod points but I knew that if 100 rank points just suddenly appeared, I would have 50 mod points to offer to the winner.

03-23-2011 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
No, you wouldn't, not unless you were given the rank points via a post being modded up. Admins can and do directly adjust rank point totals.

03-23-2011 at 11:23 PM
Rat Man
Oh, is that how it works? No mod points for contest winners and so on? Well, thanks! Now I won't be disappointed of I ever do win a contest or have my stuff chosen from the prize pile!

03-23-2011 at 11:27 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
TBH... Mod vs Rank points have always confused me too. Thought there was some link between them...

@Rat Man:
I'm sure an admin will help distribute mod points on your behalf if the contest is worthy...
04-28-2011 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Mod points are the points you have to spend on others' posts, rank points are, well, your rank.

Normally it costs two mod points to award one mod point and one rank point or to remove one rank point. Contests violate this rule. Additionally, to seed the system, some trusted regulars such as the admins periodically get their mod point totals inflated to very large numbers so that they can rank others up.
05-17-2011 at 08:25 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rat Man
Bet I can hack it and give myself an unlimited supply of rank points.. WA HA HA HA!!!!

05-17-2011 at 06:47 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
You probably could, but I don't think that Schik would be too happy.
05-18-2011 at 01:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: About the Prize Pile. (+3)  
Go for it.

05-18-2011 at 01:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Crossposting like a boss here.
(like a bawss)
I don't see anything in the prize pile I want, but I suspect I could find use for a free copy of DROD: TCB to throw at someone out there in internets. How would I go do that?

05-19-2011 at 02:28 AM
Jatopian
What makes the Deluxe edition of the TCB CD deluxe?

06-13-2011 at 06:02 PM
mrimer
Jatopian wrote:
What makes the Deluxe edition of the TCB CD deluxe?
It's a boxed set that comes with a 18x11 (iirc) poster of Dugandy, drawn by artist Brett Boyette who did this and the previous SmS CD cover art.

06-19-2011 at 12:55 AM
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
I saw some prizes are not have "...has been claimed by...". Are this are claimable?

And, what condition to get the 8-timer prize and First-time entry?

06-06-2017 at 08:24 AM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
First-time entry: 10 rank points for the first official contest you enter. You don't get a Prize Pile pick for this, just the points.

8-timer: Every 8 official contests you enter. You get a Prize Pile pick, but only those prizes specifically noted as available for 8-timers.

06-06-2017 at 02:00 PM
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37

File: are this claimable.png (256.4 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
Are those prizes in prize pile that has not contain "...has claimed by..." (see in the attached picture for more details) is still claimable?

06-10-2017 at 08:41 AM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : About the Prize Pile. (For discussion related to the Prize Pile.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com