Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged

File: Glitch Demonstration.hold (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (+1)  
I'm not really completely sure it's a bug, but this does seem like unintended behavior.

If an NPC has the imperative "Pushable by Both", that should mean that it can be pushed by anyone's body and by anyone's weapon. It can be pushed by anyone's weapon, but I've found the the bodies of mimics, time clones, stalwarts, soldiers and guards will not push it. Beethro's body will push it, which leads to strange inconsistent behavior between recording a time-clone and playing it back (namely, it stops at the "pushable" NPC and doesn't move if you originally pushed it with Beethro's body).

I've attached a one-room hold demonstrating the issue.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

07-22-2015 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (+1)  
Probably related to this:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=39843

To summarize both reports: Characters with "Pushable by body" or "pushable by both" seem to only be be working as expected for body pushes by the player, and not by Beetrho Doubles or NPCs that can usually push mirrors (but weapon pushes are working?)

Expected behavior: "Pushable by body" and "pushable by both" NPCs should be pushable by Bethro doubles (mimics, time clones) and constructs. Do NPC types that are usually able to push (i.e. human types) work? In this thread skell implies that pushable by body/both only allow pushes by the player (but also somehow constructs and human type NPCs), but I'd guess that the general consensus is that Beetrho Doubles should also be able to push "pushable" NPCs just for the sake of consistency since they can push mirrors and powder kegs.

07-22-2015 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (-1)  
It's a duplicate of this report I presume.

Not a duplicate of the report, but the fix to this is covered in the fix in the linked thread. That's what I was supposed to write here.

[Last edited by skell at 07-24-2015 03:39 PM]
07-22-2015 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
icon Re: "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (+1)  
No, that report is more about how Beethro responds to the various "pushable" imperatives. Apparently it's not a bug, it's just that the imperatives are confusingly named. (The default is that pushing weapons can push something; "Pushable by Weapon" adds pushability by sword, like a mirror. Perhaps it should be renamed "Pushable by Sword".)

The current topic is a serious bug: Imperative "Pushable by Body" should make the player, mimics, temporal projections and constructs able to push something, but it's only working for the player.

07-23-2015 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
The current topic is a serious bug: Imperative "Pushable by Body" should make the player, mimics, temporal projections and constructs able to push something, but it's only working for the player.

And if you check my answer in the topic I've linked you'll notice:

- Pushable by Body makes character pushable by the body of the player (and only of the player) similar to how mirrors and kegs can be pushed. Of monsters only constructs can push these. Characters with identity construct or any human identity can push them (so if a given type can push mirrors it should also be able to push a character with imperative Pushable by Body). Such a character can still be pushed by staff and other weapons which are natural pushers.

Which covers how Pushable by Body was meant to work from the very beginning and how it will work in 5.0.2.

07-24-2015 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
icon Re: "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (0)  
skell wrote: - Pushable by Body makes character pushable by the body of the player (and only of the player) similar to how mirrors and kegs can be pushed. Of monsters only constructs can push these. Characters with identity construct or any human identity can push them (so if a given type can push mirrors it should also be able to push a character with imperative Pushable by Body). Such a character can still be pushed by staff and other weapons which are natural pushers.
So which do you actually mean?

07-24-2015 at 03:24 PM
skell
icon Re: "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies (+2)  
That's a good question. It's been a while since I wrote that so let me take a look into the source code. The intended way for it was to make them pushable in the same way as mirrors (and now kegs) are.

So:
- Beethro, regardless of the player role, can push
- Constructs can push
- Construct character can push
- Human characters can push (Mimic, Clone, Decoy, Slayers, Guard, Stalwart, Soldier, Beethro, Beethro in disguise, Gunthro, Temporal clone, Halphs, 'Neather, Citizens, Architect, Instructor, Negotiator, Coordinators)
- Human monsters (not characters with a role!) can not push characters, because they can't push mirrors either

So in short, if a given entity can push keg or a mirror with their body, Character pushable by Body will also be pushed by them.

I hope that makes it clear :). I should note it in the other thread too probably.

07-24-2015 at 03:37 PM
skell
Alright, I am marking this as duplicate of 38434 because this issue got fixed by that change.

07-24-2015 at 03:40 PM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1062
Constructs and Appropriate Characters can now push 'Pushable by Body' NPCs.

However, Mimics and Timeclones cannot, despite the fact they can push mirrors/kegs.

(Tested in 5.0.2.1004)

08-10-2015 at 08:34 PM
skell
In. 5.1.0.1006:
* Temporal projections and mimics can now push NPCs with imperative Pushable by body

11-01-2015 at 03:24 PM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
Temporal clones and mimics are pushing NPCs correctly in Build 5.1.0.1006 :thumbsup

I tested all 3 types of pushability: push by body, push by weapon and push by both, and all 3 performed as expected.
11-07-2015 at 04:47 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : "Pushable by Both" imperative can't be pushed by non-Beethro bodies
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com