Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : 46-th Slayer adventure (Challenging hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
IP: Logged

File: 46-th Slayer adventure.hold (12.2 KB)
Downloaded 57 times.
License: Public Domain
icon 46-th Slayer adventure (+2)  
This is little hold(7 normal puzzles and one secret). I played through. I think this hold is more difficult that Dungeon of sould or Imperial palace. Puzzles are based generally on monster manipulation.
Some pics:
Click here to view the secret text

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say. Demo is provided to 1W. And please tell me if you find easy solution of difficult room. :|
EDIT AGAIN:Attached more checkpoints to 4W 1S. I submitted it, now I wait until it arrive in Holds board.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-24-2008 08:37 AM]
04-19-2008 at 03:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: 46-th Slayer adventure (0)  
Hiya,

You've currently got 4 or 5 holds up on the Architecture Board. While this one looks cool, have you considered uploading/finishing the other ones as well? Thanks :)

*has a look at this one*

04-19-2008 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Well, some reasons why don't I continue my other holds now:

- First, they use 3.2, and 3.2 isn't official version for now.
- Second, (this about "Long journey") puzzle creation for weaponless harmless persons was too difficult for me.

Anyway, I promise to myself I'll continue them when 3.2 is official version or when I have enough skill to create puzzles for harmless swordless persons or when I would like.

And I'll never post parts of holds to Architecture thread again. Only ready holds.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-19-2008 03:46 PM]
04-19-2008 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Fair enough :)

This one looks good so far. I'm stuck on the southern room though, with the aumtlich and the goblins. Any hints?

04-19-2008 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Well, you certainly must use goblin to block Aumtliches' gase. Slayer can hit the orb by body with power token.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-19-2008 08:15 PM]
04-19-2008 at 08:15 PM
calamarain
mxvladi wrote:
Well, you certainly must use goblin to block Aumtliches' gase. Slayer can hit the orb by body with power token.
Ah, I didn't know that. I thought you had to hit it with your sword.

04-19-2008 at 08:50 PM
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
Indeed. In fact, any creature can step on a power token and use their bodies to activate objects. Citizens and anybody that has to do with citizens can already hit orbs without touching a power token first.

04-19-2008 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
AtkinsSJ wrote:
5 hours really isn't a long time by forum standards. It might take people a couple of days before they revisit.

Still, I guess I'll give your hold a go. I will probably fail, in an epic way, but meh.

Blondbeard wrote:
I would never test a hold by someone who doesn't know if his rooms are possible or not. Always be your first tester, is my tip :)

Thanks for replies.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-22-2008 04:43 PM]
04-21-2008 at 05:52 PM
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
5 hours really isn't a long time by forum standards. It might take people a couple of days before they revisit.

Still, I guess I'll give your hold a go. I will probably fail, in an epic way, but meh.
04-21-2008 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I would never test a hold by someone who doesn't know if his rooms are possible or not. Always be your first tester, is my tip :)
04-21-2008 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Blondbeard wrote:

I tested my hold. Several times. And I didn't say I don't know if it's solvable. I know, it's solvable. :|

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-22-2008 03:04 PM]
04-22-2008 at 02:20 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I didn't intend to be insulting. I just think I have seen people posting about impossible rooms in some of your holds. Anyway... It's great that you've tested it carefully!
04-22-2008 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
I didn't and don't hurry, but I see no impossible rooms or boring/easy rooms. I'll try to submit this one today, I'll wait a bit(1 hour) before doing this however. So, if you find some easy/boring, please post. :)

EDIT: I'll do it after larrymurk's comments.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-23-2008 06:06 PM]
04-23-2008 at 04:55 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Please do not submit holds until they've been tested.

If nothing else I'm checking this out as I get time and will get back to you within a few days.
04-23-2008 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Short hold, reasonable rooms, and can be completed!

Surprised is spelled w/ an s, no z.

1S- One of many rooms where must block aumtlich gaze after hitting orb. ok.
1W- Here, block roaches w/ golem rubble. ok.
1W1N- again ok. aumtliches block roach.
2W- I'd recommend arrows pointing out from adder holes because it'd be annoying if an adder went back into its passage head first.
2W1S- ok.
3W1S- I'm not sure if you wanted me to have the aumtlich set off the pp near the roaches.
4W1S- This room took a bit of effort, but using the oremites greatly helped. Tough, interesting room. Might be nice to add another save point in the Western open area.
2W1N- All right master room.

I'd really recommend waiting a couple of days to submit this hold. You never know what you might think of if you sleep on it a bit and just maybe you'll get additional comments.

Good luck with your hold :)
04-23-2008 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Blue are my comments:

larrymurk wrote:
Short hold, reasonable rooms, and can be completed!

Surprised is spelled w/ an s, no z.

1S- One of many rooms where must block aumtlich gaze after hitting orb. ok.
1W- Here, block roaches w/ golem rubble. ok.
1W1N- again ok. aumtliches block roach.
2W- I'd recommend arrows pointing out from adder holes because it'd be annoying if an adder went back into its passage head first.

Well, room is more difficult without them because you need not to trap adders in their holes by head. Thanks anyway.

2W1S- ok.
3W1S- I'm not sure if you wanted me to have the aumtlich set off the pp near the roaches.

My idea is:
- Use aumtlich to block the roaches from north-east of "cage"
- Kill all roaches
- Save mirror and Aumtlich and put mirror from "cage"
- Use three Aumtliches to press on plates
- Then, at last, use mirror to press on north-east plate in the room
- Kill all Aumtliches

If you do it some easier way, please provide demo
:)

4W1S- This room took a bit of effort, but using the oremites greatly helped. Tough, interesting room. Might be nice to add another save point in the Western open area.

Added. Also added checkpoint on arrow which leads to last roach.

2W1N- All right master room.

I'm interested in way you did this, too. Maybe I missed something here. If you used Slayer to destroy 3x2 tar blob and in same time guard to destroy 4x2 blob, then it's okay. If other way, please demo how did you do it.

I'd really recommend waiting a couple of days to submit this hold. You never know what you might think of if you sleep on it a bit and just maybe you'll get additional comments.

Good luck with your hold :)

Thanks for comments, I attached new version with more checkp in 4W 1S

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-24-2008 12:02 PM]
04-24-2008 at 08:26 AM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
mxvladi wrote:

larrymurk wrote:

Thanks for comments, I attached new version with more checkp in 4W 1S.

*Pressing submit*

In my experience, when Larry (one of the most skilled and thoughtful architects in the community) makes a suggestion, it's a good idea to at least give it some consideration. I haven't tried this hold out yet (suppose I'll have to now), but I'd say it's unfortunate that you didn't give it a few extra days to see what comments other players may have had.

Josh

04-24-2008 at 12:03 PM
larrymurk

File: 46Sa Imperial underground 1S3W Victory.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
My demo for 3W1S.
04-24-2008 at 02:07 PM
mxvladi
Great thanks! I didn't expect this... I should fix it. I planned to use mirror to open plate in north-east of the room.

Fixed. However, I put fixed version in promotion board as I can't remove attachment in Architecture thread.
04-24-2008 at 04:34 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: 46-th Slayer adventure (+2)  
mxvladi wrote:
Great thanks! I didn't expect this... I should fix it. I planned to use mirror to open plate in north-east of the room.

Fixed. However, I put fixed version in promotion board as I can't remove attachment in Architecture thread.

For the record, this is exactly why you should have waited a couple of days before submitting the hold for promotion. What if another room pops up with an unintended solution? What if the hold gets promoted and THEN an unintended solution comes up? The HA process doesn't check for them. A few days' wait seems a small price to pay.

Josh

04-24-2008 at 08:56 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : 46-th Slayer adventure (Challenging hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com