Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Gamemaker!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon Gamemaker! (+2)  
This thingy allows you to make games w/o programming.
Get it at http://www.yoyogames.com\make

03-06-2008 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
icon Re: Gamemaker! (0)  
Yeah, but to make good games, you need a bit of good coding knowledge. The drag-and-drop system is, in my opinion, harder to use now than coding. Still, a great program, though.
03-06-2008 at 10:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
13th Slayer
icon Re: Gamemaker! (+1)  
Just go to http://www.yoyogames.com\browse and see what great games have people made with it. Oh, yes. If you enable Advanced Mode, than you can put scripts in your game.
03-06-2008 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
Game Maker is superb and mostly free.

It still does take some work creating games though.
03-06-2008 at 02:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
It reminds me of the Games Factory (previously known as Klik & Play) - allowing you to create various straightforward games without any coding knowledge. Limited in some ways, but you can still produce some damned fine games.

03-06-2008 at 02:55 PM
aztcg7
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
I know a number of really great games that are created with Gamemaker (mostly programmed by Matt Thorson of helixgamesinc.com), but due to the way that gamemaker compiles the games, Wine has trouble running them, for 1 reason or another. This saddens me, and turns me off Gamemaker, because I prefer to be able to play my games.

03-06-2008 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
aztcg7 wrote:
I know a number of really great games that are created with Gamemaker (mostly programmed by Matt Thorson of helixgamesinc.com)
Seiklus isn't by that guy, and it's great.

03-06-2008 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Jumper is my personal favorite GM series. It has that perfect combination of simplicity and pure evil that can keep you playing for hours.

03-07-2008 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
13th Slayer
My GM favorite is Techno the Hedgehog. Im planning to make Drod with it, too. Not sure if this is possible,though.
03-10-2008 at 09:27 AM
vinheim
Its possible, ive tried, mine is slow though. I like the games by Vertigo (Acidbomb, The Sandbox of god). If you go on the forums and go to the 'Staff's choice' board, there is a great adventure game where you control a cute-ish spaceman. The old gamemaker homepage had some great games aswell.

Games i've made:
The two gems of platformness (released, people say it was like Jumper because of the graphics and gameplay)
Codebreaker (collect codes to use in the side-scrolling platformer on a grid like DRoD, Stonebreaker code removes stone helmets from enemies making them weaker, some codes boost how many grid squares you can jump, not released)

[Last edited by vinheim at 03-10-2008 11:13 AM]
03-10-2008 at 11:10 AM
13th Slayer
vinheim wrote:
Its possible, ive tried, mine is slow though. I like the games by Vertigo (Acidbomb, The Sandbox of god). If you go on the forums and go to the 'Staff's choice' board, there is a great adventure game where you control a cute-ish spaceman. The old gamemaker homepage had some great games aswell.

Games i've made:
The two gems of platformness (released, people say it was like Jumper because of the graphics and gameplay)
Codebreaker (collect codes to use in the side-scrolling platformer on a grid like DRoD, Stonebreaker code removes stone helmets from enemies making them weaker, some codes boost how many grid squares you can jump, not released)
great! Can you post your Drod here? Maybe its slow because your computer is slow.
03-14-2008 at 04:32 PM
vinheim
Actually, I made it on my laptop (I've been using my sister's this whole time). My laptop's not with me, but basically I did what Googa did with wonderquest. I made a whole different system. His one was the classes thing with the archer, etc. My one used elements from the maze tutorial on the gamemaker homepage (Pushing boulders around, using keys and gems to open doors and weapon types. A fire sword can burn through thorns while an axe can spin forwards like a boomerang through 3 obstacles at most.)
03-14-2008 at 10:39 PM
13th Slayer
Well, when youll be back, let me see it.
03-16-2008 at 04:12 AM
vinheim
Like I said, its on my laptop, around 3 days around the world from aeroplane (airplane?). So no chance of me getting it 'til after college (and I'm still in highschool)
03-16-2008 at 11:22 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
vinheim wrote:
aeroplane (airplane?)
Both can be correct, depending on location -- "aeroplane" is English, "airplane" is American.
03-16-2008 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Gamemaker!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com