Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Master List of Contest Compilations
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon Master List of Contest Compilations (+1)  
Here I will keep a list of all contests that are being compiled, who is compiling them, and any other relevant information.

Please note that a contest being on this list does NOT guarantee that a compilation will eventually be created, due to potential permission issues.

If you would like to volunteer to compile any of these contests, send me a PM. Keep in mind that you will need to try to chase down permissions from the entrants that did not give permission in order to make the compilations as comprehensive as possible. Hopefully at some point I will have a list for each contest of which architects have given permission for their entries to be included, which I will forward to the compiler.

Invisibility
Compiler: Dex Stewart
Stage: Beta Testing

Cheap Tricks
Compiler: Jatopian (October 23, 2007)

Elemental Showcase
Compiler: Dex Stewart (October 29, 2007)

Beauty Over Brains
Compiler: TBA

Death to Death!
Compiler: Looking for a replacement.

Limited Resources
Compiler: Looking for a replacement.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 10-29-2007 07:09 PM]
10-23-2007 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Master List of Contest Compilations (0)  
Just to confirm, Invisibility is currently sitting with HA so has been completed.
10-23-2007 at 09:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Master List of Contest Compilations (+1)  
It might be worthwhile to indicate who the last known person was who was planning on doing the compilation.

My list for this is:

Invisibility: Dex Stewart (essentially done)

The following compilations should probably be considered to be abandoned -- Swivel is inactive as far as I know, and NiroZ and Chaco are willing to hand off the task to someone else, if they're willing.

Elemental Showcase: NiroZ
Death to Death: Chaco
Limited Resources: Swivel

As far as I can tell from the topics, the following contests have had no announcement about a compilation at all:

Beauty Over Brains
Cheap Trick

Josh

10-23-2007 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Jatopian has just asked to compile the Cheap Tricks contest, and I have given him the go-ahead to do so.

10-23-2007 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Would anyone have any objection against me starting work on an Elemental Showcase compilation?
10-29-2007 at 05:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Dex Stewart wrote:
Would anyone have any objection against me starting work on an Elemental Showcase compilation?
Since no one else has expressed interest, you can go ahead. I will add you to the list.

10-29-2007 at 07:08 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Dex, for Elemental Showcase, will you be using the versions of the entries from the zip file, or are you going to get access to the versions in the submission thread from NiroZ? The version of my entry that is in the submission thread has a couple of changes that just missed the cutoff time, so those changes don't appear in zip version. Thought you ought to know.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-29-2007 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
NoahT wrote:
Dex, for Elemental Showcase, will you be using the versions of the entries from the zip file, or are you going to get access to the versions in the submission thread from NiroZ?

-Noah
Zip file.
10-30-2007 at 04:42 AM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
NiroZ wrote:
NoahT wrote:
Dex, for Elemental Showcase, will you be using the versions of the entries from the zip file, or are you going to get access to the versions in the submission thread from NiroZ?

-Noah
Zip file.

Yes, zip file :) .
10-30-2007 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
So it looks like we're still looking for people to compile Death to Death, Beauty Over Brains, and Limited Resources.

My guess is that if we don't get volunteers for them soon, we're not going to get anyone, unless one of the current compilers finishes on their project and decides to take another one.

Shame, really. There was some good stuff in those entries...

Josh

11-13-2007 at 02:43 PM
Kevin_P86
If no one else is interested, I could start on one.

11-13-2007 at 07:28 PM
jbluestein
Kevin_P86 wrote:
If no one else is interested, I could start on one.

I say go for it. Which one to start on is up to you. Death to Death has the advantage of having some work already done on it (which Chaco said he'd be happy to pass on). But given the nature of the holds, I'd say that Beauty Over Brains or Limited Resources are more desirable compilations. Of those, Limited Resources may prove harder to do, just because of how long it's been since the contest.

[EDIT: Although, looking over the list of participants for that contest, I only notice two who are actually inactive: Swivel and Banjooie. (Although vylycyn hasn't posted since April so may also be gone.)]

Josh

[Last edited by jbluestein at 11-13-2007 07:50 PM]
11-13-2007 at 07:40 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
jbluestein wrote:
[EDIT: Although, looking over the list of participants for that contest, I only notice two who are actually inactive: Swivel and Banjooie. (Although vylycyn hasn't posted since April so may also be gone.)]
And Swivel did start making the Limited Resources compilation back in '06 ending with this.

Maybe this (near finished) compilation could be finished off by another architect, though of course it would be good if we could contact Swivel and get his input...
11-13-2007 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Master List of Contest Compilations
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No