Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : An official drod wiki?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
starwed
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 49
IP: Logged
icon An official drod wiki? (0)  
It seems like it might be good to have a DROD wiki as part of the site. I've seen many good user-created guides/resources for DROD on these forums (scripting advice, monster movement quirks, architectural tips, the world of the eighth, how to compile the code, etc.) It would make a lot of sense to let these be easier to create and share, and I think a wiki would be a perfect fit.

Of course, this wouldn't have to be hosted by caravel games, but again, it seems like that would make the most sense.

What do people think?

06-13-2007 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: An official drod wiki? (0)  
I think this would be a good fallback plan, but I still prefer whipping the webmaster to get on things. :fun

[Last edited by Jatopian at 06-13-2007 04:10 AM : apparently you people need smileys to get humor]
06-13-2007 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: An official drod wiki? (+2)  
Jatopian wrote:
I think this would be a good fallback plan, but I still prefer whipping the webmaster to get on things.
Which may contribute to things not getting done. No one likes being whipped. Well, okay, most people don't.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 06-13-2007 04:05 AM]
06-13-2007 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
In all seriousness, if Patrick continues to be inactive, it's something to consider. But until he went inactive, he was doing a good job of keeping things updated and relevant.

06-13-2007 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
starwed
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 49
In all seriousness, if Patrick continues to be inactive, it's something to consider. But until he went inactive, he was doing a good job of keeping things updated and relevant.
Even if the site were kept perfectly up to date, a wiki would help people create content in the first place.

Since some parts of the site don't seem to have been updated in years, and there was a ton of useful information MIA even before TCB came out, addressing that problem would be a nice perk. :)
06-13-2007 at 04:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Actually, whipping does have its benefits.

Seriously though, for the most part, I'm waiting on some new information to be given to me, and a couple of decisions to be made on what can and should go up as opposed to what can't and shouldn't. I have a fresh set of TCB screenshots that I'm just editing right now, I've got Jeff_Ray's story in the process of editing, and I'm trying to come up with some new and original content myself. As of yesterday, I'm finished my finals, and as of last week I've finished TCB, so website has easily been bumped up the list.

06-13-2007 at 05:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
A wiki does have the advantage that we are not reliant on a single person. People can just add bits and pieces as and when needed.

06-15-2007 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : An official drod wiki?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com