Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD Echoes (Adventure)
<<2345
Page 6 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.8/10 (72 votes)
σ 2.15
Author Name:geomatrx
Submitted By:geomatrx
Hold Name:MetDROiD Echoes
Theme:Adventure
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:17
Number of Rooms:300
Number of Monsters:4053
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:34 (+44 / -10)
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+1)  
I don't do this often, but for the sheer quality and attention to detail, lasting value and emphasis on exploration, and seventeen million other great things I forgot to mention, this hold receives a rating I almost never award. I hope TCB will have this exploration focus.
10/10
difficulty: 7/10
The only reservation I have is that the next one could be better, and what would I give that?

01-29-2007 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alexandre
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (0)  
Could someone tell me where the staircase to Secret Rooms 8S3E (the only secret room I'm missing) is?
Also, is it possible to conquer King Armin's Fort 1S2E or was that room intentionally designed to be unconquerable?

[Last edited by Alexandre at 04-05-2007 08:38 AM : Trying to unset the automatic email notification option.]
03-29-2007 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Alexandre wrote:
Could someone tell me where the staircase to Secret Rooms 8S3E (the only secret room I'm missing) is?
Also, is it possible to conquer King Armin's Fort 1S2E or was that room intentionally designed to be unconquerable?

Someone else will have to help you with the staircase question, but I can confirm that KAF:1S2E is unconquerable (and unhighscoreable as a result).

Josh

03-29-2007 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dolan42
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 195
Alexandre wrote:

Click here to view the secret text

03-29-2007 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Casebier
Rank Points: 283
A warning for those of you who start playing MetDROiD Echoes... 3.0 is not compatible. MetDROiD Echoes makes use of three NPC Citizens with different hair colors to signify the status of special doors. In the 3.0 engine, all hair color is the same.

04-04-2007 at 05:23 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Casebier wrote:
A warning for those of you who start playing MetDROiD Echoes... 3.0 is not compatible. MetDROiD Echoes makes use of three NPC Citizens with different hair colors to signify the status of special doors. In the 3.0 engine, all hair color is the same.
Hmmm... I complained about that during beta, but I guess it never got truly fixed. Oh, well...

04-05-2007 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Casebier wrote:
Surely this can be updated to use different NPCs, though...?

04-05-2007 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
The problem is that it does use different NPCs. We need to wait for a final word from Mike, but I think this will probably be fixed in a patch.

04-05-2007 at 01:53 AM
mmasaki
This is a great hold! I have found all but one secret: I cannot find the entrance to the secret room 3s1e. Help!
06-01-2007 at 05:41 AM
Dolan42
Rank Points: 195
mmasaki wrote:
This is a great hold! I have found all but one secret: I cannot find the entrance to the secret room 3s1e. Help!
The entrance is in Maguig's Desert: 3s2e.

06-01-2007 at 06:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Vike91
Rank Points: 231
What's next training after Blue Gate training? And where is it?

08-08-2007 at 04:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Erm... I'd wait longer than 18 minutes before bumping. This forum is usually very quick to answer but a bit of patience wouldn't go amiss :/
08-08-2007 at 05:20 PM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Syntax wrote:
Erm... I'd wait longer than 18 minutes before bumping. This forum is usually very quick to answer but a bit of patience wouldn't go amiss :/
It was 68 minutes, or 1 hour and 8 minutes. Not that I'm suggesting that makes it okay... :)

08-08-2007 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Vike91 wrote:

I think nobody answered right away because this is the wrong question to ask about a MetDROiD hold. The short answer is: keep playing, you'll find out what the next training is when you get there, and you'll get there when you get there.

While there are many individual puzzle rooms in MetDROiD Echoes, the whole hold is one big puzzle in itself. It's sort of like a huge maze. You have to figure out how to reach every part of the hold as the story unfolds. I love this kind of puzzle, but not everyone does. If you just want to kill monsters, but don't like getting lost, you might not like this hold.

The staircase training gave you a very important tip for playing this hold. Every time you return from a secret room or from a training, you are shown 2-4 rooms where you have been before. You should write these down, go back to each room, and thoroughly explore the new territory that has become accessible. That is how you progress in this hold.

Have fun! :)
08-09-2007 at 04:51 AM
Vike91
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
Vike91 wrote:

I think nobody answered right away because this is the wrong question to ask about a MetDROiD hold. The short answer is: keep playing, you'll find out what the next training is when you get there, and you'll get there when you get there.

While there are many individual puzzle rooms in MetDROiD Echoes, the whole hold is one big puzzle in itself. It's sort of like a huge maze. You have to figure out how to reach every part of the hold as the story unfolds. I love this kind of puzzle, but not everyone does. If you just want to kill monsters, but don't like getting lost, you might not like this hold.

The staircase training gave you a very important tip for playing this hold. Every time you return from a secret room or from a training, you are shown 2-4 rooms where you have been before. You should write these down, go back to each room, and thoroughly explore the new territory that has become accessible. That is how you progress in this hold.

But i've done it already, and lost the track.

08-09-2007 at 10:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Vike91
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
Vike91 wrote:

But i've done it already, and lost the track. :weep

08-09-2007 at 10:08 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
To find the entrance to any of the secret rooms or trainings where you've been before:
1. Step on a checkpoint (a red X) to save where you are now.
2. Restore to the secret room you're wondering about.
3. Go up the stairs. This shows you where the entrance is.
4. Restore back to the checkpoint you saved in step 1, and continue the game.

Hope this helps :)

08-09-2007 at 10:22 AM
Vike91
Thanks! It helped! I have to complete that room full of tar on Dungeon Cells.

08-09-2007 at 10:34 AM
Vike91
lost again. i didn't find a track.

08-09-2007 at 11:57 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Well, for another navigation tip, note that when you unlock new areas, the level description may have exclamation points around the name of the entrance, meaning you have to access the area in question to move forward (btw, this is explained in one of the staircase training scrolls). The rest are just going to give you access to secrets.

-Noah

My stuff:

08-16-2007 at 02:56 AM
Erppo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
I just tried to play this using version 3.1.0.53 and it seems the NPC color issue is still there. Are there any plans to fix this or do we just have to play the hold in JtRH?

[Last edited by Erppo at 10-01-2007 04:40 PM]
10-01-2007 at 04:40 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Erppo wrote:
I just tried to play this using version 3.1.0.53 and it seems the NPC color issue is still there. Are there any plans to fix this or do we just have to play the hold in JtRH?
Playtesters have told me this is fixed in 3.1, so I'm going to need some specific steps devs can follow to reproduce the problem in order for there to be a chance of fixing anything that's wrong.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-01-2007 at 05:24 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
VIPCOOL wrote:
Well, I'm using 3.1.54 and everything works for me. :?
Hmm...lemme think...Erppo, I'm guessing that you haven't reimported the Echoes hold since you applied the patch. You'll need to do that to get it working right.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-01-2007 at 06:07 PM
Erppo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
mrimer wrote:
VIPCOOL wrote:
Well, I'm using 3.1.54 and everything works for me. :?
Hmm...lemme think...Erppo, I'm guessing that you haven't reimported the Echoes hold since you applied the patch. You'll need to do that to get it working right.

Yes, that did it. I bet it was said somewhere that I need to reimport the hold to get it to work but I seem to have missed it. Thanks anyway.
10-01-2007 at 08:06 PM
Arnem
Sorry if this sounds REALLY nooby but, in the first part, Temple Gardens, Quince south, Roach Chamber 1, How do I beat those roachs to proceed? Also, I love this, but alas am hopeless at DROD. :)
10-20-2007 at 03:28 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Yay for another "I'm lost" post.
I just got the second key to the Wretched Bog temple (the one accessible after the Flippers). Where do I go from here? All I know is that it somehow relates to SF:5S2E.

11-10-2007 at 09:09 PM
Geoffrey
I'm stuck. Not in the "I can't beat the room" way, but in the there are "walls blocking all of my exits" way. I'm in Maguig's Desert 2S 2E and I entered from the upper left stairwell. All I've managed to do is hop between the two tunnels. Is this a programming error, or am I just being an idiot (it wouldn't be the first time).
05-20-2008 at 06:26 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
You can move diagonally off of tunnels, even on room exits. At least, I think that's the room you're referring to. (Tip--go to the left first.)

05-20-2008 at 11:47 AM
bdwing
Rank Points: 288
jbluestein wrote:
Conquered!
Anyway: Where are the stairs to Secret Rooms: 2S3E? I'd like to master the hold, but I'm not sure I have the patience to do the exhaustive search that would be required to find it without help...
This is where I am now.
If I find the answer before anyone replies, I will delete this post.

"Until it ends, there is no end."
07-05-2008 at 03:08 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+2)  
Secret Rooms 2S3E is accessed from:

07-05-2008 at 03:17 AM
<<2345
Page 6 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD Echoes (Adventure)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com