Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Nineteenth Level : 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Nineteenth Level : 1 East (0)  

Hi!

I just recently completed level 25, and am now working on the secret rooms - this one is giving me quite a lot of trouble for such a little room!

Because the snakes are moving around, when the roaches try to chase me, they can go right through (leaving the snake intact) unless their path to me is blocked by a wall. However, there are no walls that can block the one that goes to the middle snake, so I tried blocking it with my sword on 1. However, then the roaches that are supposed to kill the outside snakes end up trapped at 2 and 3, so the outside snakes stay alive.

Conversely, I can just let the middle roach through. Then I can manage to kill the other four snakes, but the middle one is left.

08-14-2005 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Nineteenth Level : 1 East (+1)  
You're on the right track.

You need to pay attention to where the snakes are when you release the roaches. There is one move in the 8 move cycle that is correct.

If you find the correct move, the middle roaches will be blocked on the snake while you lure the outside roaches into their squares, and still have time to do what's necessary for the middle roaches.

08-14-2005 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Nineteenth Level : 1 East (0)  
I got it! - Thanks! :D

08-14-2005 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Nineteenth Level : 1 East (0)  
What exactly IS the timing? By the time the two roaches make it to the topmost/rightmost chambers, the bottom-left corner's roach has not only escaped, but hasn't been able to kill the serpent, so even if I kill everything possible, that one serpent remains, and the room is unclearable.

I know I need to block the way out with my sword, but after that, and the matter of timing, that's as far as it goes, and I really don't have too many more options.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
01-22-2017 at 06:12 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
Click here to view the secret text

My stuff:

01-22-2017 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trafalgar
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 31
stigant wrote:
You're on the right track.

You need to pay attention to where the snakes are when you release the roaches. There is one move in the 8 move cycle that is correct.

If you find the correct move, the middle roaches will be blocked on the snake while you lure the outside roaches into their squares, and still have time to do what's necessary for the middle roaches.

Thanks! I figured it out

04-08-2021 at 02:31 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Nineteenth Level : 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com