Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : Get Your Stuff Back (Three Level Hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.9/10 (7 votes)
σ 0.35
Author Name:Hyperme
Submitted By:hyperme
Hold Name:Get Your Stuff Back
Theme:Three Level Hold
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:71
Number of Monsters:281
Version:DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale (1.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:13 (+13 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Get Your Stuff Back.drh (30.2 KB)
Downloaded 314 times.
License: Other
icon Get Your Stuff Back  
When Hera Winn finds that her stuff has been stolen by notorious thief, Harold Q. Thievings, she heads out to lay down the smack. Join Hera as she fights monsters, collects items, buy boons, upgrades her equipment and faces down "terrifying" boss monsters across three levels.

This hold features no %-damage or lucky items, so you can collect what you want when you want.
05-12-2017 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
icon Re: Get Your Stuff Back (0)  
This is a solid RPG hold, particularly for those who feel a little intimidated by some of the other offerings on this site. A fun levelset which can be optimised easily and which you should definitely play. It's nice to not have to write down trade-offs etc, and the order that you collect your stuff is fairly inconsequential - there is plenty of breadth to solving this rather than one set path that the architect wants you to do. All in all, a good hold. Short but sweet.

3 brains / 8 fun.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by navithmastero at 05-18-2017 06:03 PM]
05-18-2017 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
icon Re: Get Your Stuff Back (+1)  
So, I finally got around playing this after playtesting the first level and then never coming back to it :blush

What can I say? It's a fun little hold, and definitely suited if you're not into tricky optimizing, want to get back into the game or just have a fun time without too much thinking. I spent way too much time micro-optimizing the first level on this playthrough, until I realized it really isn't necessary. At the same time, it doesn't feel trivial, which is also a really nice thing.

I feel like the secret boss could have been a bit stronger, but that might contradict the point of this hold.

Excuse plot is amusing enough, too. Took me waaay to long to get that Hera Winn pun, though. :blush

8/10 would play again :thumbsup

EDIT: Also, no %damage is nice, too!

[Last edited by Lucky Luc at 07-31-2017 10:31 PM]
07-31-2017 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Get Your Stuff Back (+2)  
This is a lower difficulty medium length hold with a lot of leeway and flexibility, which makes for a good time if you have a few hours you want to spend on some low-stress RPG.

It offers flexibility through the altar system, and doesn't overtly punish you if you decide to use some altars earlier in the hold to make your life a little more comfortable. Even the bonus boss has plenty of leeway so achieving all of the scorepoints is manageable as long as you aren't going all-in on the earlier altars.

I appreciated that at various spots the hold tries to make decisions between balancing attack and defense, for example, each level's equipment usually has one blocked behind enemies that encourage attack, while the other defense, and the pair of bosses on level two are similarly split where one wants you to have good defense and the other good offense. Having said that, the altar outputs were not quite balanced accordingly and optimisation-wise clearly one option is much better than the other.

The framing story was funny and enjoyable.

All-in all very enjoyable.
12-17-2022 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : Get Your Stuff Back (Three Level Hold) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com