Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : "The DAA Specifies" (A room-building game.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
IP: Logged

File: The DAA Specifies - Level 2.hold (809 bytes)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: "The DAA Specifies" (0)  
Without further ado, here is level 2.
I'll merge this with level One when that's complete.

My challenge from the previous post still stands.

EDIT: I forgot to add room exits, so folks can just do that themselves.

[Last edited by IQubic at 12-19-2016 06:58 PM]
12-19-2016 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
I was going to wait for RedXIII to add his room, but since I came up with a room concept I want to play with for his specification I'd like to claim spot 2C.

The DAA specifies that in Builder 2D's room the delver must figure out the correct order to drink three different potions.

12-20-2016 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623

File: The DAA Specifies - Level 2.hold (866 bytes)
Downloaded 49 times.
Sorry for late posting, here's IQubic hold version with my empty room, I claim 1E.

12-22-2016 at 02:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720

File: The DAA Specifies - Level 2.hold (1 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
Here is the level 2 map so far with all rooms accounted for. I added scrolls with the names of the builders in their claimed rooms.

Reminder that IQubic has said people can add their own exits to his room (the entrance.) Likewise, if you don't like the exits in my room (1W) feel free to change them or to block off one of them if you only want your room accessible from the other entrance. My room will easily be able to accommodate changes to the exits, and since those changes will mostly be cosmetic, I'll fix my room up at the end if necessary.

My challenge still stands:

The DAA specifies that in Builder 2D's room the delver must figure out the correct order to drink three different potions.

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 12-22-2016 02:41 PM]
12-22-2016 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
This seems fun, let's keep it going!

I'll volunteer to be Builder 2D.

The DAA specifies that in Builder 2E's room the delver must pass in front of two sets of evil eyes without waking them using at least two different mechanics (i.e. blocking with mirrors, speed potions, double pushing).

02-17-2017 at 04:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
I forgot about this, and I told myself I was gonna do room for one of these, so yeah, I'll be 2E.

The next guy has to make use a long gentryii where a large portion of his tail is pre-placed on a field of potions (or horns, something of the like). As such, when the gentryii moves off the potions, he cannot step back onto the potions. I don't know what this will do for rooms, but it sounds cool.

[Last edited by blorx1 at 02-17-2017 06:23 PM]
02-17-2017 at 06:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531

File: DAA Chart.PNG (42.8 KB)
Downloaded 231 times.
icon Re: "The DAA Specifies" (+1)  
In the spirit of trying to organize this a bit better, I've made a tentative chart to handle the status of things:

I think this chart is terrible and I'm open to suggestions on how to reorganize it better. BUT, terrible as it is, this chart reveals that Level 1 is only missing Nuntar's room at the moment (I will upload the current-state Level 1 as far as I know including my own room in next post), and also that Insoluble and blorx1 forgot to do something in claiming spots. To rectify, please Insoluble first and then blorx1 upload the frame with the one new room they claim for their own (blorx1 downloading Insoluble's to add a room to so there's no accidental collision). Indicate in those posts which room you are adding/claiming.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 02-20-2017 05:47 PM]
02-20-2017 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris

File: The DAA Specifies - Level 1.hold (4.1 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
Here is the current state of Level 1, including the room I made if anyone wants to test that out.

I have intentions of maybe being 2F but I have to go do something else right now and will need time till later to come up with a challenge for 2A. Anyway I'd have to wait for blorx1 to upload a frame to add to first regardless.

02-20-2017 at 05:46 PM
Red-XIII
I'm just bumping to say that I've been really, really busy in these months, but I have an idea for my room and I already build half of it, I should be able to complete it in the next couple of weeks.

02-20-2017 at 07:39 PM
Xindaris
Official declaration that I will be Builder 2F when the time comes that we have the proper frame in place. Also a reminder to Insoluble and blorx1 to help us get that done.

The challenge for Builder 2A is as follows: The room's primary puzzle must consist of creating a pathway for some creature other than the delver by carving said path out of a rectangle of broken wall.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 02-23-2017 10:54 PM]
02-23-2017 at 10:53 PM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638

File: The DAA Specifies - Level 2.hold (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
Oh man, sorry about the hold up folks. I can't believe I forgot to post the level!

02-28-2017 at 03:53 AM
Red-XIII

File: The DAA Specifies - Level 2.hold (1.6 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
Here's my room for level 2 using Insoluble latest post hold version.

03-06-2017 at 12:07 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : "The DAA Specifies" (A room-building game.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com