Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Joining the World (Our news for July/August)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Joining the World (+2)  
Welcome back, everyone! We're into the second half of the year, and the 2012 Olympics are in full swing. We hope everyone is enjoying the event as the world joins together in good sport.

Caravel has great DROD-related news to share. Hey, we're even trying out our own little worldwide gaming event. There's something here for everyone, so please read on!

Preorder DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder on limited edition CD

Caravel is working on production and release of a limited edition CD for DROD:GatEB. There are three ways you can get this CD:

1. For everyone who worked on the game, you're going to get a CD automatically. You don't need to submit a preorder. Please make sure your forum account shipping address is current, and you'll magically receive one of these at the time they're sent out.

2. If you've already purchased the game for digital download, you can upgrade your previous order to receive a copy on CD for cheap. We're keeping the cost down to under $8 -- basically that of printing, packaging, and shipping, without any markup. You don't get another registration code or copy of "Flood Warning" when ordering this way, but you'll be able to satisfy the collector in you. This is just one way we're trying to take care of our stalwart fanbase.

Here's the upgrade preorder link:

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=2&PRODUCTID=74770027

3. If you haven't purchased the game yet, you can get your copy this way. You'll preorder the limited edition CD, get a license to the game for immediate digital download, and also receive a copy of the excellent "Flood Warning" hold by TFMurphy, all in one.

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=2&PRODUCTID=74770026

We're going to tally up the total number of preorders we receive and print off just over that number of CDs for this print run. If you want to ensure you'll receive one, you'll have the best chance of this by preordering to make sure we have a copy in inventory for you!

(These links will go up on the game order page soon.)

CaravelNet game night!

Despite there being a lack of multiplayer in DROD games, our community is looking at trying out a semi-regular multiplayer game night in the CaravelNet chat! The first night is scheduled for this Saturday, August 4th, 2012 at 19:00 GMT (note that's actually at or after lunchtime for those in the USA, so the whole world has a chance of joining in). We'd love to see you come out there for some fun times with your fellow DROD players!

As well, I might pop in to talk a bit about the next version of DROD and reveal some juicy secrets for everyone there!

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=34603

Flash DROD

Flash DROD has undergone several rounds of super polish and has been released on an unsuspecting world. You can now find Flash DROD (KDD Lite, Episode 1) on Kongregate, Mochi Games, and Newgrounds.

Additionally, Flash DROD is now translated into Russian. Thanks, Maurog!

DROD: The Second Sky -- It's time to party with the Bar once again

A host of useful information about DROD:TSS is appearing in the absolutely-for-real-and-without-rumors thread that we mentioned last time:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27668

In addition to that, there is a brand new progress bar for tracking development on Caravel's upcoming game. We're one-eighth done, and we can already tell this one is going to be good! Come to the game night if you want to hear more.

Cutest Roach Ever -- Official Forum Contest

Lexxors, rookie contest participant, arrived and shared with us not one, but two of the cutest roaches ever. Her entries, Pancake Roach and Dapper Roach, earned both 1st and 3rd place. Bombadil's "Cute Eyes" won 2nd place, and Maurog's "Appeal of the Queen Roach" earned 4th place and an honorable mention.

Pearls wrote some entirely unexpected high art critique of the entries, and even earned an honorable mention for his critique! Congratulations to the winners, and a thank you to everyone who participated.

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=34423

Caravel gets a new server

Erik didn't happen to take the server on a bike ride on the train tracks again, but Caravel did take their old server and throw it on the tracks. Um, this is all metaphorically speaking of course. We will miss some parts about the old server, maybe, but mostly we are excited to have a shiny, new server hosting Caravel's websites. What does this mean for you? If you've been having trouble receiving e-mails lately, this is now a thing of the past. It also means snappier pageloads (hope I got that right this time...inside joke) and that Caravel should be able to address site-based service problems much more quickly than in the past. Everyone wins!

Please give a huge thanks to Matt Schikore, our Most Esteemed Forum Monkey, the King Kong of Code, for making the much-needed move happen.

CaravelNet Improvements -- Game Registration

When you order a digital product from us, you can register your order to your Caravel Forum user account. This will not only grant you a free month of CaravelNet service, but it will also allow you to download the title from our Downloads page. You receive a registration e-mail immediately after placing your order successfully. Players sometimes e-mail us, saying they never received a registration e-mail. These might go into your junk/spam folder, so you should check there if you don't see one after placing an order. For those who just can't find it, hope is not lost. Just login to your Caravel Forum user account and go to the Downloads page, linked from under the forum banner, and you'll be informed with a link at the top of the page if you have any products you've previously ordered but not registered yet. Click the link, and your lost, little registration e-mails will be sent your way once again.

http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

---

Happy DRODing!

- Mike

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-01-2012 04:53 PM]
08-01-2012 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
icon Re: Joining the World (0)  
Hooray, the TSS bar!

Shouldnt it have a new riddle?

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

08-01-2012 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
Seeing as I still got 3 swords and the same riddle room as before that's no "new TSS bar" but just a cheap refurbished GatEB bar...

:tomato

08-01-2012 at 04:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mouse
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 246
The full list of contestant participants will be updated shortly...

[Last edited by Mouse at 08-01-2012 07:49 PM]
08-01-2012 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
I know you have heard me saying this many times.

And even though I always forgot when to use a or an, I know how to say how excited I am!

Simply excited!
08-01-2012 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Mouse wrote:
The full list of contestant participants will be updated shortly...
Thanks for taking care of this, Mouse!

08-01-2012 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
rman wrote:
Hooray, the TSS bar!
Yes, and this bar is going to be scientific. It's not a "vague feeling" type of bar that gets updated whenever somebody feels like "something happened". It'll be based on data and cold, hard facts! Yeah.
Shouldnt it have a new riddle?
Yes, we'll take care of that sometime. For now, there's nothing new to see there. We'll probably start simply by ripping out the GatEB stuff and then working on adding the new stuff.

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-01-2012 09:09 PM]
08-01-2012 at 09:09 PM
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
ZOMG I just solved the new RotB!!! :-O

And the theme music is the same as it was with GatEB! Apparently.

(Also I think I did it in my sleep because it was already solved when I got there, but I do that sometimes...)

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

08-04-2012 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
And the last pony crosses the finish line.

08-04-2012 at 07:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509

Sorry for the "necro", but I think it's best to ask this here.

Any updates on the CDs?
I preordered mine in August (21st) and I didn't receive any notification from Caravel (I have the receipt from BMT, though).

I don't know if you are still waiting to estimate the number of CDs. If that's so, that's cool for me. Just wanted to know how things are going.
09-26-2012 at 04:01 PM
mrimer
Bombadil wrote:

Sorry for the "necro", but I think it's best to ask this here.

Any updates on the CDs?
I preordered mine in August (21st) and I didn't receive any notification from Caravel (I have the receipt from BMT, though).

I don't know if you are still waiting to estimate the number of CDs. If that's so, that's cool for me. Just wanted to know how things are going.
Hey, not a problem. I sent out an update for a "last call" on CD preorders in the September Illumination. We'll be printing those presently, so expect to receive yours in 4-8 weeks!

09-29-2012 at 05:48 PM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
mrimer wrote:
Hey, not a problem. I sent out an update for a "last call" on CD preorders in the September Illumination. We'll be printing those presently, so expect to receive yours in 4-8 weeks!

Oh, I missed that. Sorry and thanks! :)
09-30-2012 at 10:13 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Joining the World (Our news for July/August)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com