Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
<<4567
Page 8 of 13
9101112>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+1)  
All the available full downloads will appear here (assuming you're logged into your forum account and followed the link in your "DROD:TCB Registration and CaravelNet Activation" purchase email at some point): http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

[Last edited by Tuttle at 11-21-2007 07:39 AM]
11-21-2007 at 07:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon 3.1.0 TCB for Mac OS X (+1)  
I've posted the 3.1.0 Mac OS X version of TCB (full version) to the DROD site Downloads page. Registered TCB users with CaravelNet may download it now!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-29-2007 at 07:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (0)  
Is that 3.1.0.0, or one of the other versions? I see a fourth part to the version number on the Windows version, and a *fifth* part on the Linux...

11-30-2007 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Hikari wrote:
Is that 3.1.0.0, or one of the other versions? I see a fourth part to the version number on the Windows version, and a *fifth* part on the Linux...
Uh...it's 3.1.0.54, same as Windows

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-30-2007 08:03 PM]
11-30-2007 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
......is my Mac 3.1 supposed to say it's 3.1.0.55 instead of .0.54?

12-02-2007 at 04:05 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Hikari wrote:
mrimer wrote:
I'd wager a no.
12-02-2007 at 05:55 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
coppro wrote:
Hikari wrote:
mrimer wrote:
I'd wager a no.
Yeah, that was my guess as well, but it helps to get an answer from above, just in case.

12-02-2007 at 03:33 PM
kassia
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I have a question and I can't seem to find a better place to ask it than in here. I am using a Mac and I have JtRH version 2.0.15.1 installed. I am trying to import some of the newer holds and am told that I need to update to a newer version of DROD. Since I can't seem to find any Mac patches that allow me to update JtRH does this mean I can't import these holds until I buy TCB and do a completely new install of the new version of DROD?
02-23-2008 at 04:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+2)  
kassia wrote:
I have a question and I can't seem to find a better place to ask it than in here. I am using a Mac and I have JtRH version 2.0.15.1 installed. I am trying to import some of the newer holds and am told that I need to update to a newer version of DROD. Since I can't seem to find any Mac patches that allow me to update JtRH does this mean I can't import these holds until I buy TCB and do a completely new install of the new version of DROD?
Yes, holds that are made in DROD version 3.0 (which is the version that TCB is made in) are not compatible with earlier versions. Similarly, holds made with the version you have (2.0) aren't compatible with earlier versions of DROD.

You can always download the demo version of TCB, which lets you import any hold made in 3.0, but only has the first few levels of the official hold. So you don't have to buy the full version if you just want to play user-made holds. You can find the demo here: http://www.caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/DownloadTCB.html

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-23-2008 at 05:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kassia
Rank Points: 12
Thanks so much! I'll definitely download the demo. Guess I won't be getting my house cleaned this weekend! Too much playing to do!
02-23-2008 at 05:19 AM
mrimer
icon DROD:TCB 3.2 "Baleful Aumtlich" (+1)  
The TCB 3.2 patch ("Baleful Aumtlich") is now available for Windows (download it here).

3.2 Linux and Mac builds forthcoming.

You may see the lengthy list of bug fixes and changes since 3.1 here.

05-08-2008 at 11:59 PM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: DROD:TCB 3.2 "Baleful Aumtlich" (0)  
mrimer wrote:
The TCB 3.2 patch ("Baleful Aumtlich") is now available for Windows (download it here).

3.2 Linux and Mac builds forthcoming.

You may see the lengthy list of bug fixes and changes since 3.1 here.
The page still lists it as 3.1.0.54.

Is the current 3.2 now the Official TCB Version?

05-09-2008 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
Look just a *liiitle* bit lower o/~

CaravelNet highscores are, as of writing, still not accepting 3.2 demos, but hopefully that'll change soon.
05-09-2008 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
An update on previous: CaravelNet is now accepting 3.2 demos, so don't be shy about upgrading now.

Be sure to thank Schik for his timely work ^_^

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 05-09-2008 08:50 AM]
05-09-2008 at 08:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I am in need of a huge favor. I need a version of the 3.2 patch that does not require me to be the administrator of this computer to use it. I did not need administrator privileges to install 3.0 or to patch it to 3.1. Because I cannot use the 3.2 patch, I will have to stop helping out as an HA and as a beta tester.

If someone is able to provide me with a 3.2 patch that works in my situation, I'd be more than willing to compensate them for their time. Thanks very much in advance!
05-11-2008 at 01:04 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+5)  
Well, I've simply compared my backup of TCB 3.1 with my current, patched to 3.2 version and zipped up the changed files (except for the .dat, .log, .err and .ini files, of course) and put the file here.

Now, I don't think that I can stress making a backup of your whole TCB 3.1 folder before anything else enough, so I suggest doing it before even downloading that file above.

Then simply unzip it on top of your TCB installation, and you should have about the same result as if you had run the patcher; any modifications in data files et al should be done by TCB itself when you run it for the first time after updating (if any)...

Hope this helps. :)

(As for the time - it took me about 5 minutes using WinMerge, which is about the same time it took me to type this, so don't even think about compensating me for it... ;))

np: Kettel - Whom (Re: Through Friendly Waters)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-11-2008 01:17 AM]
05-11-2008 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Briareos wrote:
Hope this helps. :)
It worked! Thank you SO much! Briareos, you are an angel. I'm so glad it didn't take much time. :)
05-11-2008 at 01:39 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I wonder, would this be as a result of associating .hold .demo and .dmf with DROD? If so, you might have been able to avoid needing administrator privileges by simply unticking the box.
05-11-2008 at 02:59 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Actually, no. It wouldn't let me run the patch at all, so I obviously couldn't play with checking and unchecking boxes.
05-11-2008 at 06:17 AM
mrimer
icon Re: DROD:TCB 3.2 "Baleful Aumtlich" (Mac OS X) (+2)  
TCB 3.2 is now available for Mac OS X. CaravelNet users may download the new full version here.

(Don't know what Gerry's up to lately, but when he comes around, I'm sure he'll prepare the Linux build for all you penguins out there.)

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-12-2008 11:50 PM]
05-12-2008 at 11:49 PM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Oh jammy biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

Thanks Mike!
(goes scuttling excitedly off to download 3.2 on her new Broadband connection, while preening quietly :cool )

05-15-2008 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
betagam
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: DROD:TCB 3.2 "Baleful Aumtlich" (Mac OS X) (0)  
mrimer wrote:
TCB 3.2 is now available for Mac OS X. CaravelNet users may download the new full version here.

Is it still available? I don't see it there.

05-18-2008 at 06:52 PM
Briareos
icon Re: DROD:TCB 3.2 "Baleful Aumtlich" (Mac OS X) (0)  
betagam wrote:
mrimer wrote:
Is it still available? I don't see it there.
Since you're not a CaravelNet user (according to the lack of a trophy icon below your post) which Mike's message was aimed at this doesn't apply to you directly - but if you activated the trial month of CaravelNet that comes (in email form) with a purchase of TCB you should still be able to download it there.

So either you didn't activate your trial month (yet), or something's happened and TCB hasn't been associated with your account, which means you should probably contact support@caravelgames.com and get this straightened out...

np: Saul Williams - WTF! (The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of NiggyTardust!)

05-18-2008 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
I've posted a new build of 3.2 (build 83) that fixes the phantom NPC "Set Appearance None" bug, and also fixes weird room and NPC settings on the Mac. Download and install the new version from the Downloads page to have these issues go away.

05-25-2008 at 02:13 AM
mrimer
icon 3.2 Linux Builds available (0)  
I have Gerry's (trick's) Linux full and demo builds of TCB 3.2 posted for download now. Yay! He says the installer has gone through some important revisions, but as soon as people have tried it out and verified that everything is in order, we will have everything we need for printing shiny discs, which should go out very soon!

05-25-2008 at 03:58 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Great! As soon as I have a CaravelNet subscription, I'll test it out.
05-25-2008 at 04:55 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
icon Re: 3.2 Linux Builds available (0)  
mrimer wrote:
[...]as soon as people have tried it out and verified that everything is in order, we will have everything we need for printing shiny discs, which should go out very soon!
Wouldn't now be a great moment to start taking preorders for the shiny boxes then? ;)

np: Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I (Ghosts I-IV)

05-25-2008 at 09:57 AM
mrimer
icon Re: 3.2 Linux Builds available (0)  
Briareos wrote:
mrimer wrote:
[...]as soon as people have tried it out and verified that everything is in order, we will have everything we need for printing shiny discs, which should go out very soon!
Wouldn't now be a great moment to start taking preorders for the shiny boxes then? ;)
Definitely. I have a regular CD order page set up, but I need some information from Erik regarding the deluxe orders. I've e-mailed him, and when I hear back I can set this up.

05-25-2008 at 04:52 PM
kaikaun
Rank Points: 10
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
I am in need of a huge favor. I need a version of the 3.2 patch that does not require me to be the administrator of this computer to use it.
I am in need of a similar favor. I would like to install 3.2 on a computer where I am not administrator. I do not have a 3.1 or earlier installer to use with the ersatz patch that Briareos provided, and I see no way to download it off the site. Can anyone help me please?
06-19-2008 at 02:04 AM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
You may be able to use a different computer.

06-19-2008 at 11:18 PM
<<4567
Page 8 of 13
9101112>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com