Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugans Tomb (Nice Tresure Hunt)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

2.8/10 (26 votes)
σ 1.37
Author Name:Mr Cab Driver
Submitted By:
Hold Name:King Dugans Tomb
Theme:Nice Tresure Hunt
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:13
Number of Monsters:291
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: King Dugans Tomb.hold (4.5 KB)
Downloaded 2342 times.
License: Other
icon King Dugans Tomb  
First hold. Tested myself.
03-20-2005 at 02:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jednorozec
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: King Dugans Tomb (0)  
This was pretty trivial until I got to 2N1W. You can't kill the goblin because of the red gate and you can't get rid of the red gate because of the goblin. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Oops, I wasn't thinking. I was confusing green and red gates. Guess that I'm red/green color blind when it comes to drod.

[Edited by Jednorozec at Local Time:03-22-2005 at 04:56 PM]

[Edited by Jednorozec at Local Time:03-22-2005 at 04:57 PM]
03-22-2005 at 04:38 PM
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
Red gates open when all trapdoors in a room have been dropped. There can't be red doors without trapdoors ;)

About this hold: I finished it in around 3 minutes without dying or having to restart, deleted it from my list and gave it a low rating because there was nothing interesting to see or do...
03-22-2005 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jednorozec
Rank Points: 11
It took me a lot longer than 3 minutes to find the two trap doors. Thatwas mostly tedious and not at all interesting. It probably took me about a half hour for the entire hold. I would agree with you on a very low score.
03-22-2005 at 05:27 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Well I've began to use Rabscuttle's x-ray tileset as my default tileset O:-
03-22-2005 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
Well that's the kind of difficulty im at so i found it fairly ok but it is really mostly boring

-Insane
09-24-2005 at 10:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
The final treasure room was interesting and it would be fun to kind of go on a treasure hunt, but something less linear would probably be better. It just didn't seem like I was really hunting for treasure. One could explore this scenario and make more of an Indiana Jones feel to it, perhaps with more scrolls and passageways and scary tunnels with wraithwings. I dunno.

There were a couple of interesting rooms but generally there wasn't a whole lot to see. But I enjoyed going through a few of the rooms so thanks for the entertainment!

06-03-2011 at 12:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: King Dugans Tomb (+2)  
Not a very good hold.

It feels that the architect just slapped down a bunch of walls/pits/monsters. The use of trapdoors under tar would be criminal back in the AE days, but nowadays it's not so bad.

Many of the rooms are quite trivial, and not very interesting, which is a consequence of the seemingly random placing of monsters. The best room is probably Treasure Hunt: 1N2W, which if a solution was more enforced, could be a very interesting room. Optimizing it is interesting.

The spelling/grammar, while not much of it, is not very good. Things are unnecessarily placed in CAPS. "Your far away from the finding the treasure...#" in the first level description uses the wrong "your", and in the last scroll, mechanisms is spelt "MECHANISMNS". Perhaps the worst though, is in the hold description, telling you to "dig around in his funeral". That doesn't make a lot of sense.

2.5 Brains, 2 Overall
05-28-2014 at 04:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
Rank Points: 3
bomber50 wrote:
Not a very good hold.

It feels that the architect just slapped down a bunch of walls/pits/monsters. The use of trapdoors under tar would be criminal back in the AE days, but nowadays it's not so bad.

Many of the rooms are quite trivial, and not very interesting, which is a consequence of the seemingly random placing of monsters. The best room is probably Treasure Hunt: 1N2W, which if a solution was more enforced, could be a very interesting room. Optimizing it is interesting.

The spelling/grammar, while not much of it, is not very good. Things are unnecessarily placed in CAPS. "Your far away from the finding the treasure...#" in the first level description uses the wrong "your", and in the last scroll, mechanisms is spelt "MECHANISMNS". Perhaps the worst though, is in the hold description, telling you to "dig around in his funeral". That doesn't make a lot of sense.

2.5 Brains, 2 Overall

I actually enjoyed this hold a lot and i hope there's a thousand holds like this someday.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
01-08-2015 at 05:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: King Dugans Tomb (-5)  
oh COme OONN!!!!! The devs allowed THIS JUNK on the site, but not MY HOLD??? I at least TRIED to use strategy. The toughest part was almost leaving the goblin in level2n2w1.

01-29-2015 at 04:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: King Dugans Tomb (+1)  
This was uploaded before the Hold Admins were around. And even then, HAs only check to see if the hold has backtracking issues and things like that, not on quality of the hold.

Here's a link that'll explain how Hold Admins work a bit better. :)

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-29-2015 at 11:11 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugans Tomb (Nice Tresure Hunt) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com