Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Custom elements repository (A big list with custom elements to spice up your holds)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged

File: Custom Weapon Tokens.hold (94.1 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Custom elements repository (+2)  
I put together a collection of custom weapon scripts.

Currently there are scripts for the following weapons:
Click here to view the secret text

I am missing the following weapons:

These weapons are missing since I haven't played through those holds yet. If someone wants to send their scripts to me I could make custom weapon token scripts for them. Assuming that the authors of the original weapon scripts are okay with that, obviously.

I do intend to play through those holds myself, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. They are only viewable in the editor by people who have beaten or mastered their respective holds.

Also, the raygun seems to be missing from your list of weapons.

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 01-05-2020 08:31 AM]
01-05-2020 at 08:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: Custom elements repository (+1)  
Tnx for making this compilation hold mauve. It'll be a great help. When you finish, I could include this with the first post, or just link to your post.

Added the ray gun. Had indeed forgotton to include that one.

01-05-2020 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Custom elements repository (0)  
Hey, I just noticed: My "KILL LASER" (which is in my entry for the chainless gentryii contest over here) is missing from this list. It basically does what it says on the tin: Constantly emits a laser in front of it which attack tile kills anything it touches.

Here are some links to Things!

02-19-2020 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Added KILL LASER for a total of 78 elements.

02-19-2020 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
So, I don't know if you're still active on the forum, DF, but my recently-published hold "what the hey" has a few custom elements:

-Swapper, a "weapon" in the same sense that the hookshot is. If Beethro is pointed at a keg, bomb or mirror (with no walls or obstacles in between him and that thing) and presses special command, he switches places with that object and reverses his facing.
-Magic Wand, a weapon; a stick that gives Beethro the "wades in shallow water" property. When special command is pressed, it spawns a powder keg on the tile in front of the end of the "wand" and immediately tries to blow it up via attack tile explosion. This causes it to make stepping stones in shallow water. It also cuts fuses before doing so.
-"DESTROY ALL CRUMBLY WALLS", a simple widget which activates an unreachable conquer token once there are no broken walls left in the room.
-An unnamed widget which instantly kills all of the monsters in the room (including slayers, gentryii, whatever) when the conquer token is activated. I guess you can call it what you want. "Conquer and kill token"?

Here are some links to Things!

[Last edited by Xindaris at 03-23-2021 03:56 PM]
03-23-2021 at 03:42 PM
Dying Flutchman
icon Re: Custom elements repository (+2)  
Not really active nowadays, but still getting updates on thread activity. So there we go, additions done.

Thanks for remembering this topic.

Hope to be somewhat more active some future time when the world is a better place.

03-25-2021 at 09:36 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Custom elements repository (A big list with custom elements to spice up your holds)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com