Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : These Metallic Gears of Time (Remember, this is a sneaking mission.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
KituU
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 127
IP: Logged

File: TMGoT Temporal Summit 2W Victory.demo (2.9 KB)
Downloaded 1 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: These Metallic Gears of Time (0)  
sorry, now it should be ok

[Last edited by KituU at 05-06-2019 08:17 PM]
05-06-2019 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 757
icon Re: These Metallic Gears of Time (+1)  
Alright, that demo worked. Your solution there seems a bit more efficient than mine but is basically the sort of thing I had in mind while building the room :) I suppose if you found doing it that way unfun, though, I could choose not to add the challenge or secret room or whatever...we'll see.

Anyway:
UPDATE:
-Graphics of "NPC Beethro" in TS are now faked to look like regular beethro using screenshotted images. I will ask for permission to do this before sending the hold to HA but I don't foresee this being a problem because seriously, I'm only doing this because of a scripting limitation preventing me from just making a standard-Beethro-appearance character a non-target to monsters.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 05-09-2019 04:25 AM]
05-09-2019 at 04:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 757
icon Re: These Metallic Gears of Time (+2)  
UPDATE:
-Added a connection between CS 2S1W and CS 3S1W, officially making the latter a secret room. I also added a few lines to both rooms to "explain" the presence of two near-identical rooms and let the player know they can autoclear the former if they do the latter first (at the cost of it definitely not being an optimal demo).
-Also added a line to CS 1W: One of the stalwarts complaining when a puff gets close to them.
-(Both of the above line changes are also now reflected in the updated transcript, attached to the same post as before)
-Added secret room CS 1N, which connects to CS 1W with a small "mimic manipulation" puzzle to reach the secret passageway. 1N reflects the old version of 1W where there were eyes instead of rock golems, and its puzzle is essentially the US that I added rock golems to prevent in that room. I verified that it is indeed solvable.
-Added a few checkpoints.
-Added a challenge to TS 2W reflecting my "originally intended solution". Hopefully the placement of the scrolls shouldn't create a US somehow; there are two of them because the first one warns the player that the second might spoil a solution to some extent (since I think it's a small spoiler that you CAN get a timeclone to take the stick at all).

Here are some links to Things!

[Last edited by Xindaris at 05-09-2019 05:27 PM]
05-09-2019 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KituU
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 127

File: TMGoT Cold Storage 1N Victory.demo (3 KB)
Downloaded 0 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: These Metallic Gears of Time (0)  
Hi

[Last edited by KituU at 05-15-2019 09:00 AM]
05-15-2019 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : These Metallic Gears of Time (Remember, this is a sneaking mission.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com