Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : GOG DROD and Membership (Getting GOG DROD to run on 5.0 engine and apply membership.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
IronC3ll
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon GOG DROD and Membership (+3)  
A couple years ago I bought this amazing franchise off of GOG. Only lately have I been actually playing the games starting with KDD. I recently found out about the 5.0 versions of KDD, JTRH, and TCB, and was wondering if I could apply those versions to GOG DROD. Like wise, I would also like to be a member of this really interesting community, it's also very affordable. Can I do this with GOG DROD too?

If I can't, Is all I need to get everything a copy of TSS from the Caravel site and a membership? Or do I need to buy everything separately?
12-28-2018 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mozzribo
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
icon Re: GOG DROD and Membership (+1)  
Bump. I'm also interested in this. I would like to get a subscription and play all the games in the latest engine.

I have already purchased all the games available on GOG years ago, but having all run from a single executable would make my brain kalm. So, the question is:

Can I link my GOG purchases to my CaravelNet subscription (once I get it) or do I have to re-purchase the games here?
07-13-2021 at 02:49 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: GOG DROD and Membership (+2)  
Hi, and welcome to the Caravel Forum!

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying DROD, and thanks for buying our games on GOG.

Unfortunately, we don't have any support in place to take past GOG purchases and register them to a Caravel user membership.

We do have the opposite workflow in place: for players who purchase and register games to a user account on the Caravel Games site, they will automatically receive keys to play the games on GOG and Steam. Also, when you register purchases to a Caravel user account, you will receive a one-month trial CaravelNet membership with each one, so you can test drive how you like that service when you get a game.

Probably not the best news you were hoping for, but I hope this helps.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-13-2021 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mozzribo
Hello, mrimer!

Thank You for the quick reply and the warm welcome. Not the best news for me... But good news for Caravel games! As I will buy the games again, then. Just maybe not immediately, we live in challenging times.
07-13-2021 at 05:27 PM
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
icon Re: GOG DROD and Membership (+3)  
mrimer wrote:
Hi, and welcome to the Caravel Forum!

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying DROD, and thanks for buying our games on GOG.

Unfortunately, we don't have any support in place to take past GOG purchases and register them to a Caravel user membership.

We do have the opposite workflow in place: for players who purchase and register games to a user account on the Caravel Games site, they will automatically receive keys to play the games on GOG and Steam. Also, when you register purchases to a Caravel user account, you will receive a one-month trial CaravelNet membership with each one, so you can test drive how you like that service when you get a game.

Probably not the best news you were hoping for, but I hope this helps.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding here but out of interest do the other perks of CaravelNet work if you're running the GoG version of games (chat, high scores, download holds in-game etc)? Or are CaravelNet and GoG DROD wholly incompatible?

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-13-2021 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
I usually play on my GOG install, and CaravelNet features generally work fine for me.

07-14-2021 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mozzribo
navithmastero wrote:
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding here but out of interest do the other perks of CaravelNet work if you're running the GoG version of games (chat, high scores, download holds in-game etc)? Or are CaravelNet and GoG DROD wholly incompatible?

GOG DROD is compatible with CaravelNet and seemingly works without any issues on Linux. I was only wondering whether purchases on other platforms could be validated on CaravelNet.
07-14-2021 at 09:31 AM
mauvebutterfly
Somewhat offtopic, but I think mozzribo's avatar might be triggering some kind of malware warning or something on my computer.

It's literally the first time I've received this popup (AhnLab Safe Transaction: Malicious site blocked) but it happens repeatedly whenever I check a thread that mozzribo has replied in and I can't see the avatar image for this user.

Just wondering if this is AhnLab being weird. I'm more shocked that in the several years I've had this computer, my Korean security software hasn't ever complained about anything before.

07-14-2021 at 09:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: GOG DROD and Membership (0)  
I actually hit the same thing last week where Norton Lifelock declared this site to be a malicious site. It lasted about 10 minutes and then it was gone, so I assumed it was a cataloguing error of some sort.

07-14-2021 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
So mozzribo's avatar isn't hosted on the forum - it's a link out to u.teknik.io which (among other things) lets people just upload files. That domain is probably getting evaluated differently.
07-14-2021 at 10:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mozzribo
icon Re: GOG DROD and Membership (0)  
Tuttle wrote:
So mozzribo's avatar isn't hosted on the forum - it's a link out to u.teknik.io which (among other things) lets people just upload files. That domain is probably getting evaluated differently.

That's probably it. Is there a way for me to host my avatar on the forum? It'd be nice to avoid unpleasantries for other members.
07-14-2021 at 10:46 AM
mozzribo
icon Re: GOG DROD and Membership (+2)  
Alright, I figured it out. Done.

mauvebutterfly wrote:
Somewhat offtopic, but I think mozzribo's avatar might be triggering some kind of malware warning or something on my computer.

It's literally the first time I've received this popup (AhnLab Safe Transaction: Malicious site blocked) but it happens repeatedly whenever I check a thread that mozzribo has replied in and I can't see the avatar image for this user.

Just wondering if this is AhnLab being weird. I'm more shocked that in the several years I've had this computer, my Korean security software hasn't ever complained about anything before.

Is the issue gone now, mauvebutterfly?
07-14-2021 at 11:52 AM
mauvebutterfly
Yeah, I'm not getting a popup any more. Not that it was much of an issue to begin with, but thanks for making the effort. I was just curious as to what was happening, mostly.

07-14-2021 at 12:03 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : GOG DROD and Membership (Getting GOG DROD to run on 5.0 engine and apply membership.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com