Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Editor Hold Select : Filters, etc
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Editor Hold Select : Filters, etc (+2)  
When using the Editor and attempting to select a hold, the list that shows up is this gargantuan list of every single hold currently installed. The hold selection for "Change Location" has filters like "Caravelnet holds", "My Holds", etc. which would be really helpful for when I'm trying to find which of the thousands of holds available for selection in the editor mode are among the hundreds of holds I'm personally editing. At the very least it would be cool to filter out "gray holds" I can't edit and/or "red holds" that are marked as belonging to other people.

While we're asking for this kind of stuff, it would also be cool to be able to do something like type into a text box a few letters of a hold title and have the holds that match that show up. You know, a rudimentary 'search' function? If that were developed I'm sure it would help the change location screen too. (I'm aware there's a hotkey way to jump to things matching a particular 1st letter but once installed hold volume gets big enough it becomes increasingly clear it'd be nice to have a little more than that.)

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 05-28-2017 09:08 PM]
05-28-2017 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Editor Hold Select : Filters, etc (0)  
Out of all of the feature requests there are, I think this is the one that I want badly enough to necro-bump in light of the recent "various fixes being made" event. I'm sorry if it annoys someone for me to do so.

10-06-2020 at 05:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Editor Hold Select : Filters, etc (+1)  
Marking as duplicate of this.

[Last edited by skell at 11-24-2020 08:37 AM]
11-23-2020 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Editor Hold Select : Filters, etc (0)  
Um...Not that it's a big deal, since it's obvious what you meant to link to, but you linked back to this thread again. I just thought it was kind of funny.

[fixed]

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-24-2020 06:26 PM]
11-24-2020 at 04:48 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Editor Hold Select : Filters, etc
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com