Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS 5.1
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Re: TSS 5.1 (+1)  
One thing that's turned up, though as it's both fairly specific and purely graphical, I wouldn't blame you for holding it off to a later patch.

Remove Floor Layer Item and Remove Item build markers aren't displaying their effects on platforms or pressure plates:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=40916&page=0#404580
03-12-2016 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056

File: DROD5Patch5_1_0_6501.exe (1.7 MB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: TSS 5.1 (0)  
Rev 6501:

* Fixed the above issue.

Anything else to include in 5.1? Please let me know.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-12-2016 at 02:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
Speaking of non-game logic bugs which affects playability, there is also one old bug:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=40904

If a room has non-zero darkness and the player is currently invisible, at the double placing turn the render glitches for every tile rerendered inside the smelling range, which would only render Layer 0 objects, without the darkness.

I encountered it in a room of EP, and it is severe because you can't see anything at the path of the glitch, even all monsters, potions and force arrows.
03-12-2016 at 05:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
I've never heard of anyone encountering that as a part of a published hold so I'm unsure if it's really urgent enough to further delay 5.1. (Also I just don't want 5.1 to be held up any longer :fun )
03-12-2016 at 07:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
kieranmillar wrote:
I've never heard of anyone encountering that as a part of a published hold so I'm unsure if it's really urgent enough to further delay 5.1. (Also I just don't want 5.1 to be held up any longer :fun )

Well, since we'll need to wait for the spiders to finish munching on all demos anyway, that might just give the time to fix one more such pure graphical bug which has nothing to do with ruleset and demo verification.

(i.e No, that probably won't delay 5.1.)

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 03-12-2016 09:59 AM]
03-12-2016 at 09:57 AM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: TSS 5.1 (+2)  
I apologize if I sound harsh and I am targeting anyone in particular here, just a trend that's been really getting on my nerves lately.

Please stop asking us to fix anything that is not related to game rules in 5.1. We've been working for a year on this update out, mostly because I wanted to completely stabilize the ruleset and a feature creep creeped in. And while that's been mostly okay while 5.1 was still in active development, right now, on the threshold of the release, we must concentrate on ensuring what has been done so far is working correctly.

Asking for more fixes is doing a disservice to everyone, because each fix-test cycle takes another couple of days.

So please, next time, when a new version is about to be released and you want to request a bug fix ask yourself these questions:
1. Is it a critical issue that's going to impact majority of the players, break demos or change gameplay?
2. Is fixing this issue worth waiting additional 1-7 days for me?
3. Is fixing this issue worth waiting additional 1-7 days for everyone else?

03-12-2016 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Sorry :( I just thought there might be room to sneak in a minor bugfix or two.

In any case, it's a good news that 5.1 will be up for release very soon!
03-12-2016 at 11:51 AM
mrimer
uncopy2002 wrote:
Sorry :( I just thought there might be room to sneak in a minor bugfix or two.

In any case, it's a good news that 5.1 will be up for release very soon!
Well...we've already been sneaking in multiple minor bug fixes for a while now, and we have to draw the line at some point in order to focus on completing the release. I have to agree with Skell that this trend can be frustrating for players. Take heart, though. This isn't a new thing. It seems every time we've done a major version upgrade in the past, right around the day we're about ready to release, someone decides either to start posting a bunch of new bug reports or bumping old bug reports, hoping these issues will all get fixed at that moment. They will, eventually, just probably not in the version that is going out the door. We really do appreciate these issues being reported. Please don't worry -- we'll get them fixed in a subsequent patch. Thank you for the help!

Looks like there's nothing else game-breaking that anyone is aware of at this moment, so I'm going to start preparing the official 5.1 release builds at this very moment. Thanks, everyone, for your patience and support to get 5.1 released! :)

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-12-2016 01:39 PM]
03-12-2016 at 01:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
I see that the Deadly Bar of Death is at 100%. Where is the release post? Is there going to be a big post where you give a change log and download link?

EDIT: Looking at the downloads page I see that only the windows version of 5.1 is available. How long will it be until we get the other OS added to that list?

[Last edited by IQubic at 03-12-2016 07:59 PM]
03-12-2016 at 07:57 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
The release post is here:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=5899&page=11#404603

03-12-2016 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer

File: DROD5Patch5_1_0_6505.exe (1.7 MB)
Downloaded 78 times.
License: Public Domain
Rev 6505:

Here's a patch to fix a regression in the gentryii push fix.

03-14-2016 at 01:07 AM
Dragomir7
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
Bug on version 5.1.0.6545 (Steam):

When I load a saved game from a checkpoint and then press backspace, there is a chance that the game will freeze and then quit (though not always).

I was playing JtRH on level 23 2N1W when this happened; I have set undos to unlimited. (I had previously played JtRH on an older 2.0 engine)
06-19-2021 at 07:14 AM
Dragomir7
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
Minor issue/quirk:

The dialogue section (upon clicking the portrait) of TSS: Nethlekempt Farrows label Ironk's dialogues as "Citizen". Can this be corrected to "Ironk" or "Farrow Child"?

This occurred on Steam version 5.1.0.6545.

[Last edited by Dragomir7 at 02-19-2022 11:26 AM]
02-19-2022 at 11:25 AM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS 5.1
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No