Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Force arrows in the editor (I can't describe this succinctly in the subject.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Force arrows in the editor (+1)  
Right now, you can replace a force arrow with one pointing in a different direction or a disabled force arrow. However, doing so will reset any orbs or pressure plates that affect that arrow's status.

I think it would generally be more convenient if those connections could be set to persist when you replace one force arrow with another one. Yes, there are times when someone may want to remove all connections to a force arrow and also change its direction, but they can do that easily by deleting the existing arrow.
12-09-2014 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 618
icon Re: Force arrows in the editor (0)  
On top of that, which I totally approve, I'd like to know if it's possible to put force arrows on yellow doors and then open/toggle/close them with a plate that also close/toggle/open the yellow door.

12-09-2014 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Red-XIII wrote:
On top of that, which I totally approve, I'd like to know if it's possible to put force arrows on yellow doors and then open/toggle/close them with a plate that also close/toggle/open the yellow door.
While I can definitely see the appeal, the biggest problem with that would be the highlighting system. How are we supposed to know if an orb affects the arrow or the yellow door?

(I'm not saying that to discourage the idea, but to encourage discussion on how to overcome this)

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 12-12-2014 12:17 AM]
12-12-2014 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
Put a highlighted outline around the arrow, maybe? If the arrow isn't affected by the switch, don't color it, or perhaps color it white. Otherwise it's highlighted in the same color, but there's an outline around it.

Another issue is how to control in the editor whether you'd be affecting the door or the arrow. There are sixteen possible combinations of door and arrow that could be affected and it would be annoying to cycle through them all.
12-12-2014 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 618
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
While I can definitely see the appeal, the biggest problem with that would be the highlighting system. How are we supposed to know if an orb affects the arrow or the yellow door?

Uhm, for orbs it might be the same as it is now, for arrows it might be a different colour ( I mean the "beam"). If it opens both it might be another colour.
Same thing for plates, what do you think?

[Last edited by Red-XIII at 12-12-2014 02:32 PM]
12-12-2014 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Force arrows in the editor (+1)  
12-12-2014 at 03:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
To be fair, though, there is a difference. :P

On the one hand, seep can travel through that space. On the other, only aumtlich beams can.
12-12-2014 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Someone Else wrote:
To be fair, though, there is a difference. :P

On the one hand, seep can travel through that space. On the other, only aumtlich beams can.

Yep, also evil eye beam. And probably 10 other weird interactions which I can't remember :). Edit: fuses!

[Last edited by skell at 12-12-2014 08:16 PM]
12-12-2014 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
In 5.0.2 replacing a force arrow in the editor with any other kind of force arrow will not break orb associations.

02-07-2015 at 12:40 PM
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
Tested in 5.0.2, and this issue appears to have been fixed. Replacing disabled/enabled force arrows with disabled/enabled force arrows did not break the association with (cracked) orbs/pressure plates.
07-26-2015 at 11:06 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
5.0.1 has the same issue with firetraps. Is this already fixed in 5.1? If not, consider this a request :)

11-26-2015 at 04:30 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Force arrows in the editor (I can't describe this succinctly in the subject.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com