Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Various Areas (beta test)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
BoyBlue
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 547
IP: Logged

File: Various Areas.hold (16 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Various Areas (+7)  
This is a puzzle-oriented TCB hold, of no particular theme. Some of the rooms are pretty difficult.

If that sounds like something you'd like to beta test, please download it and give it a try.

[Last edited by BoyBlue at 06-20-2012 12:02 AM]
05-29-2012 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Various Areas (+1)  
You are a master of names, BoyBlue.

05-30-2012 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BoyBlue
icon Re: Various Areas (+5)  

05-30-2012 at 04:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Various Areas (0)  
Pretty good so far, with all the impossible-looking-until-you-discover-the-right-trick rooms as usual. While I am not sure if I will have time to beta test, one suggestion I have would be to add a vision token to Main: 1N. I will let you know if I have any other thoughts.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

05-30-2012 at 09:27 AM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Conquered.(still have 2 secret rooms to do)

Some comments:

[Last edited by mxvladi at 06-02-2012 02:51 PM]
05-30-2012 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
One other suggestion I have would be to add some checkpoints to the Goblins level. Also, I should point out that the entrances to the Main level for conquering the Gel and Golem levels are mixed up.

-Noah

My stuff:

06-04-2012 at 07:00 AM
BoyBlue
icon Re: Various Areas (+2)  
New version: beta02

Changes:

- Gel 1W - It was hard for me to gauge the difficulty of this room. I added one seep. (It would be solvable even with another one.)

- Golems 1S - Good point. I changed it.

- Goblin 2W, etc. - Room-entrance tricks weren't by design. They're not terrible, but I decided to change the room template to prevent them, or at least make them a lot harder.

- Added some level intro text.

The stairs mappings are intentional, just to throw you off guard. They do match up physically.

Main 2N2W, Gel 1S, etc(?) - If you think these are really easy, then maybe they're broken.
06-07-2012 at 12:44 AM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
BoyBlue wrote:
- Gel 1W - [...](It would be solvable even with another one.)

Oh, I see. I hesitate to suggest placing 7th seep, though.

Main 2N2W, Gel 1S, etc(?) - If you think these are really easy, then maybe they're broken.

I don't think I broke either of these.

Main 2N 2W is a rather basic movement order puzzle.

It was perfectly clear what to do here and how to do it(unlike majority of other rooms, where first, "obvious" approaches usually ended up in failure). It was no problem to do it(unlike, say, 1N 1W). I'm not saying it is *trivial*, and I definetily didn't break it(I'm not sure there's anything I can do here to break it), but it's easier than most of other rooms. It would make pretty good "easier" room in this level, but I'm very surprised you marked it as secret.

(well, either that, or maybe I'm too used to movement order puzzles)

As for Gel 1S -> it's fine. I don't think I broke it.

and it's definetily far from trivial. I called Gel level easy mostly because of 5-seep 1W, 1E and 1N 1W. 1S and 1N are both not trivial.

Meanwhile - I've solved everything except secret version of Main 1N 1W, which I'll leave for later: even the required version was rather difficult for me. Played postmastery rooms in editor; they are pretty fun. Liked 2S 3E in particular.
06-09-2012 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Various Areas (beta test)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com