Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Veere's dungeon (Minimalistic puzzles and efficiency rooms)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.2/10 (36 votes)
σ 1.11
Author Name:Simon
Submitted By:Sim
Hold Name:Veere's dungeon
Theme:Minimalistic puzzles and efficiency rooms
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:19
Number of Monsters:162
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:6 (+6 / -0)
Poster Message
bobkberg
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
IP: Logged
icon Re: Veere's dungeon (0)  
Hi, I'm having difficulty with twice west. Could some kind soul offer me a hint?

I'm assuming that I don't open the door until after I drop the trapdoor, but it's getting frustrating.

Thanks,

Bob
01-28-2007 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
bobkberg wrote:
Hi, I'm having difficulty with twice west. Could some kind soul offer me a hint?
I'll bet the kind, soulless Hints & Solutions forum could.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 01-28-2007 04:24 AM]
01-28-2007 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Indeed, such as this thread.

01-28-2007 at 04:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bobkberg
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
Thanks kindly. That much I did figure out - but perhaps with persistence I'll get it. If not, I'll post in another week.

Bob

01-28-2007 at 05:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Wow, this is a very enjoyable hold. Long after it was released, I still played it, which makes it a classic! There were a lot of very fun puzzles with unexpected solutions! And I really liked the 'cramped' feel to the whole hold. Reminded me a bit of Robobob's Island in the Sky.

Some of my favorite rooms were 1W, 2W, and 1N2W. There were some easy rooms, such as, 1N4W, 3W (once you got the trick), and 2N2W. And some harder ones: 1N2W and 4N2W. But the difficulty stayed about in the middle.

Mastered! Aaand I found the secret thingie! I gave this hold 5.5 brains and an 8 overall. Thanks for an enjoyable morning, Sim!
03-25-2007 at 03:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
This was a fun little hold. Each room is fairly small and seems simple, but there is still the potential for bad assumptions to get you stuck.

The hold does require a few tricks that would be obscure to newcomers, and even had one trick that I don't think I'd ever needed to use before, which was neat.

The orb puzzle would be my only complaint (because I don't find those to be interesting most of the time) but it wasn't too bad once
Click here to view the secret text
Once I realised that, I just kind of hit orbs as they became available and the doors all opened quickly enough.

02-06-2018 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Veere's dungeon (Minimalistic puzzles and efficiency rooms)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com