Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Palace (on the holds board!)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Palace (+1)  
05-11-2011 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: The Palace (0)  
It can be quite a slow buines, If you want to speed it up you can suply demos for the rooms.
05-11-2011 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Somehow I'm not very interested in testing something non-trivial that is based on snake movements, non-editable and without any (submitted) demos.

In this state I'm certainly not looking at it for the next couple of weeks.

05-12-2011 at 12:47 AM
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound impatient with that other post, I was simply curious (there aren't many other puzzle games which have a dedicated review team), I'm not in any rush though.

I'm a bit reluctant to supply demos at this stage and practically give away the entire solutions, I understand snake movements aren't really to everyone's taste, but I prefer to give hints instead. I visit this forum daily, so I'm always able to help with specific rooms. Everything's been fully tested and polished, I most probably won't be posting another update.

What's other people's opinions on this?

Edit: atm, I've uploaded a zip of the demos in level 1, there are two of 1N1W, showing the two different approaches to the room.

[Last edited by da rogu3 at 05-12-2011 04:24 PM]
05-12-2011 at 04:20 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
da rogu3 wrote:
I'm a bit reluctant to supply demos at this stage and practically give away the entire solutions
If you upload them via the special link near where you upload a new version of the hold, the demos will only ever be visible to Hold Administrators. Sometimes some of them are willing to verify the solutions work and that there aren't backtracking issues, but don't have the time to actually play through the entire hold.

[Last edited by Schik at 05-12-2011 04:34 PM]
05-12-2011 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
da rogu3 wrote:
What's other people's opinions on this?
He's a new user and didn't understand how it worked. Give him a break!

05-12-2011 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
What exactly have we done to him that you think needs a break? A little snark, a little grumpiness? Lighten up, Francis.

05-12-2011 at 04:49 PM
Rat Man
Well, you haven't done anything that bad but it's still no good to go around snarking about someone not understanding the way things work.

05-12-2011 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
da rogu3
Rank Points: 491
Schik wrote:
Sometimes some of them are willing to verify the solutions work and that there aren't backtracking issues, but don't have the time to actually play through the entire hold.
Thanks for clarifying this. Initially I didn't really like the idea of the HAs just using demos without even attempting the puzzles. I'll get a full demo submittion up later today.

Rat Man wrote: He's a new user and didn't understand how it worked. Give him a break!
Perhaps you misunderstood my question, I've read the sticky and *do* understand how the system works (don't know where you got that idea from). I was discussing what people thought about the whole demo submitting thing, as opposed to just giving hints via chat instead. Honestly Rat Man, you seem to misunderstand everything, please just stop posting when not needed, okay? :/ I don't like this whole 'let's treat someone like a newbie to make myself look better' type of attitude you have.

Edit: Demos now uploaded

[Last edited by da rogu3 at 05-12-2011 10:27 PM]
05-12-2011 at 06:22 PM
Rat Man
Oh, okay.

05-12-2011 at 06:25 PM
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
Rat man is a new user and doesn't understand snark, so give him a break.

I wish that man would stay away
05-13-2011 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
I understand snark, I just hold the philosophy that it does no good to snark at random people or people who don't understand things. What's wrong with that?

P.S. You can snark away about this statement!

05-13-2011 at 03:14 PM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Rat Man, I've read through this thread and seen nothing but courtesy. I don't know who "give him a break" could be referring to. It seems like things are going along smoothly, did you misread something?

05-13-2011 at 03:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
I was referring to Jatopian and Tim. Maybe I misinterpreted their tones.

05-13-2011 at 05:19 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Palace (on the holds board!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com